Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a point on our recent trades , in the FA era ...

Probably never is a bit too strong if we went back Im sure I could name players that were fringe at their clubs etc. but in this era to add a player , even a very talented kid , we tend to think in terms of best22
Yes sorry, meant never in the current era. Perhaps that’s too strong as we have had the likes of Jenkins and Black. Going back a bit there was Blease as DFA. When you look at the overall pool of fringe players that have moved in the past 10 years, I bet we are statistically minor players relative to others.

Yes sorry, meant never in the current era. Perhaps that’s too strong as we have had the likes of Jenkins and Black. Going back a bit there was Blease as DFA. When you look at the overall pool of fringe players that have moved in the past 10 years, I bet we are statistically minor players relative to others.
I basically agree with you.. if someone is not good enough to get a game at another club... why would they be good enough to get one at geelong

The reason why i put the variation in... going back I was thinking of Sholl and McGrath and Sanderson and others..back when we looked at value being under used. Mooney perhaps would be a good example. Now with FA ..we are probably more likely to over spend if we trade..like with Cameron to get a player we know for sure adds something to the best22. Probably DHouse as an example

Adding Merrit is probably more likely than Lipinski

I also don’t think we’ve ever shown much interest in players outside the best 22 at other clubs. We are not in for the bric-a-brac sales.

I’d agree with that. I suppose Dahlhaus was “fringeish” in his final year at the Dogs but he’s about the only one that could be possibly categorised as outside best 22 that I can think of. Stanley maybe?

I’d prefer to chance our arm in a strong draft myself. Utilise FA if we want ready made players.

I’d agree with that. I suppose Dahlhaus was “fringeish” in his final year at the Dogs but he’s about the only one that could be possibly categorised as outside best 22 that I can think of. Stanley maybe?

I’d prefer to chance our arm in a strong draft myself. Utilise FA if we want ready made players.

Both played a lot of senior footy the year before becoming a cat.

I remember that Dahl was associated with having some "social issues" in the year or two before joining us. And had become a whipping boy of sorts amongst Dogs supporters.
Along with Tom Liberatore, and he is back in favour

There’s been a few.

Gary Rohan, Luke Dahlhaus, Sam Menegola (draft), Rhys Stanley, Zac Smith, Aaron Black, Stewart Crameri, Hamish McIntosh, Mitch Clark.

Some said Darcy Parish is crap look how he is going this year

Be a few on here that will struggle for another contract unless they show something... Bews , Kolo , Guthrie .... as FA's. probably all stay

View attachment 1112206

From that lot I wouldn’t recontract Z.Guthrie, Higgins, Constable and Jenkins. Let Kolo and Bews explore FA options if they desire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From that lot I wouldn’t recontract Z.Guthrie, Higgins, Constable and Jenkins. Let Kolo and Bews explore FA options if they desire.
Higgins surely has a year to go?

That Footywire listing isn't 100% accurate

Higgins signed a 2-year deal when he joined the club last year - he's contract at North was due to expire this year which is why I think they've kept him as out of contact, but it was confirmed at the time of his signing it was on a 2-year deal

Be a few on here that will struggle for another contract unless they show something... Bews , Kolo , Guthrie .... as FA's. probably all stay

View attachment 1112206

Close, Henderson & Brownless are on the rookie list, and not sure if Atkins is still rookie list or already promoted
From those guys, Brownless would look most susceptible to delisting unless he shows something across the rest of the season

Okunbor is in his last year as a CatB - has he done enough to warrant promotion?

Jenkins may retire or look to move to another club as it's doubtful he'll feature to many more times for us

As for others on the senior list, would think those most in trouble of delisting includes Constable, Kreuger, Narkle, Z. Guthrie & possible Jarvis

C. Guthrie, Kolodjashnij & Bews I see getting re-signed rather than taking the FA option

And surely it's just a matter of time before we see re-signing announcements for Miers, Henry, Simpson, Evans, Stephens, & Ratugokea. And depending on how he goes as the third tall, Rohan may get another 1 year deal if he continues with Saturdays form

Probably forgotten a few

That Footywire listing isn't 100% accurate

Higgins signed a 2-year deal when he joined the club last year - he's contract at North was due to expire this year which is why I think they've kept him as out of contact, but it was confirmed at the time of his signing it was on a 2-year deal

I get that but is there a better alternative?

Kolo and Bews are highly unlikely to get any offers and aren't the worst to keep on the list. The others I'd thank for their contribution and show the door to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back