Hypocrisy of CA and Australian cricketers

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
CA cancelled the tour of SA bc of high risk of getting COVID there when there were daily cases of 10k in the whole SA but continue to send players to India which has daily cases of 300k and none of the Australian players have backed out so far except Hazlewood.
Yeah CA canned the tour as they have a duty of care to their players. The players as individuals chose to take the risk and go to the IPL

Don’t get me wrong I was gutted that the South Africa tour didn’t go ahead but it’s clearly different

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah CA canned the tour as they have a duty of care to their players. The players as individuals chose to take the risk and go to the IPL

Don’t get me wrong I was gutted that the South Africa tour didn’t go ahead but it’s clearly different

If COVID is still rampant in India later this year for T20s World Cup then I am very interested to see CA’s response.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
CA cancelled the tour of SA bc of high risk of getting COVID there when there were daily cases of 10k in the whole SA but continue to send players to India which has daily cases of 300k and none of the Australian players have backed out so far except Hazlewood.
Philippe and Mitch Marsh also pulled out.

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tye has left the IPL. Good on him but kind of expected. I don't think players who were paid high would do that.

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think its time to come home lads
Once again its the bench players. Money minded campaigners like Warner and others are demonstrating their greed here. Remember few years ago they were fighting against CA over equal pay for men and women cricketers. I wonder why Warner doesn't donate even a 10 percent of his IPL wages to female cricketers?

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Once again its the bench players. Money minded campaigners like Warner and others are demonstrating their greed here. Remember few years ago they were fighting against CA over equal pay for men and women cricketers. I wonder why Warner doesn't donate even a 10 percent of his IPL wages to female cricketers?

I think that's a bit harsh..there are others over there apart from Warner...coaches commentators etc

Its not the IPL' fault and i reckon the overseas players will start to go home ..the comp might shut down

Franco Vazquez

Senior List
Jan 11, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think that's a bit harsh..there are others over there apart from Warner...coaches commentators etc

Its not the IPL' fault and i reckon the overseas players will start to go home ..the comp might shut down

What is holding them back? Of course its the money. Now for e.g if Maxwell was being 140k dollars for IPL, would he still be there? Answer is no. The only reason he is still there is bc of money. Australia might ban Indian flights but these greedy campaigners would stay there. Moreover than Aussies, I am disappointed by NZ players like there are plenty of them there sitting and playing IPL when ambulances are running wild outside the stadium. campaigners

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
What is holding them back? Of course its the money. Now for e.g if Maxwell was being 140k dollars for IPL, would he still be there? Answer is no. The only reason he is still there is bc of money. Australia might ban Indian flights but these greedy campaigners would stay there. Moreover than Aussies, I am disappointed by NZ players like there are plenty of them there sitting and playing IPL when ambulances are running wild outside the stadium. campaigners
Well... yeah. He's a professional sportsman. They play sport for money.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
No crowds. They live in a bubble, get tested every few days. Some have come home or are coming, the rest will stay as long as they can.

Thanks for the reply. As long as everyone abides by the conditions of the bubble, it should be safe enough. However, as we saw with the AFL last year, young sportsmen tend not to be the brightest specimens.

Once again its the bench players. Money minded campaigners like Warner and others are demonstrating their greed here.
You would be doing the same thing as Warner if you could. To pretend otherwise is true hypocrisy.

Remember few years ago they were fighting against CA over equal pay for men and women cricketers. I wonder why Warner doesn't donate even a 10 percent of his IPL wages to female cricketers?
No, I don't remember that. But I do remember in 2017 that the men stood firm with the ACA to get a much better deal for the women though, which is what ended up happening.

I also remember in Australia, for years leading up to that, the men deciding to pay for the health insurance of the women.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
McGowan has launched a scathing attack on players in IPL. Australian players need to have some shame and return back to Aus on next available flight ooor else they gonna bring COVID to Oz.

McGowan loves to blame everyone but himself for stuff ups. if it is going well its all him obviously. Worked pretty well for him in the election!

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Are they playing at empty stadia? Or are there crowds?

No public crowds but players and owners families etc. attend, they sit in the corporate/team boxes. IMO half of them don't wear masks, shout etc. while practising no social distancing. It's baffling they're allowed to attend and even more so that the players have wives/children accompanying them in India.

Only gameday operational staff and players/team personnel like trainers/coaches should attend the match.

Some games are now scheduled in Delhi which is one of the hardest hit covid affected cities in India.

I'm torn on whether the IPL should continue as it provides an outlet of entertainment/respite for a few hours for the Indian population but it also takes away resources which could be better used for managing crowd control at hospitals etc.

In hindsight the IPL should never have been allowed to occur in India and should've been held in a different location like UAE (unless they're also in a similar covid situtation).

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm torn on whether the IPL should continue as it provides an outlet of entertainment/respite for a few hours for the Indian population but it also takes away resources which could be better used for managing crowd control at hospitals etc.

In hindsight the IPL should never have been allowed to occur in India and should've been held in a different location like UAE (unless they're also in a similar covid situtation).

they gambled on getting the games in and that sweet sweet ticket money.

the indian economy can't just shut down and wait it out like we did, the show will have to go on.

they should be thinking about moving it to the UAE. The problem would be quaratinin

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
they gambled on getting the games in and that sweet sweet ticket money.

the indian economy can't just shut down and wait it out like we did, the show will have to go on.

they should be thinking about moving it to the UAE. The problem would be quaratinin

Too late to move it to UAE now. I reckon they'll either postpone for a week or so, otherwise schedule more double headers to shorten the length of the tournament.

Back