What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Melbourne beat up on Richmond in a game many considered a toss of the coin. The Geelong - WC game was an astonishing result. Hawthorn / Adelaide was a cracker. Lots to talk about beyond an eventually fairly clinical game v GWS. We’ll be right in the spot light win or lose this Friday night.

DD, I agree. It's just that they consistently give very little time/depth analysis to the Dogs. There are clear favourites they talk about ad nauseam.

Maybe it's a good thing we stay under the radar.

I would have thought we get a fair share of media attention. We got a heap of attention in 2015 when we came from no where. The 2016 media attention speaks for itself. We got media attention in 2017 and 2018 for the wrong reasons (i.e. the wheels have fallen off). We didn't really get a lot of media attention in 2019 until late in the season when we entered finals at full steam, and we were talk of the town. A similar thing happened in 2020 when we finished strongly, although no where near as much coverage as the year prior.

We've obviously had our fair share of media attention this year.

Maybe you guys aren't watching the right shows, listening to the right podcasts, or reading the right bits of articles in the associated press.

I think a few of us are talking specifically about Fox Footy.

90 minutes of football analysis on Fox Footy tonight and the Western Bulldogs have not even been mentioned. This is not about flying under the radar...it's about exposure for the club.

90 minutes of football analysis on Fox Footy tonight and the Western Bulldogs have not even been mentioned. This is not about flying under the radar...it's about exposure for the club.

Indeed! Did you know that Melbourne is flying and have won six in a row and that they're the most exciting club in the competition!? We are not even mentioned, at least as a comparison. It's almost like they dutifully say a few short words about the Dogs which usually borders on disdainful.

9.07 pm and we have not been mentioned at all.

Indeed! Did you know that Melbourne is flying and have won six in a row and that they're the most exciting club in the competition!? We are not even mentioned, at least as a comparison. It's almost like they dutifully say a few short words about the Dogs which usually borders on disdainful.

9.07 pm and we have not been mentioned at all.

9.08 now

Bugger me dead! Gerard Healy has just said the Dogs are under rated and gave Bailey Dale a wrap. That was it -- about 10 seconds worth.

I don’t take much attention about if and what media say about us.

The 2.40 hrs of game day will speak for itself

Don’t need to hear from a media person who says things to substantiate their existence.

I think BF and some of people that contribute on here are more insightful and worth listening/reading to.

Last edited:
Did anyone else hear Gary groan in the background when Healy mentioned the dogs in The Good section of the show?😂

I had to rewind it to be sure, but yep, quiet audible. Pretty funny!!

Personally, I’m pretty happy for us to fly under the radar because it’ll keep the pressure off, but as others have said, it’s nice to be up and about and have the media making a fuss. It adds to the good feeling fans currently have for the team/club.

DD, I agree. It's just that they consistently give very little time/depth analysis to the Dogs. There are clear favourites they talk about ad nauseam.

Maybe it's a good thing we stay under the radar.

I‘m happy to stay under the radar at 6-0.

Look, let’s be honest, 360 is generally Slobbo deep sighing and moaning about Essendon, the usual Carlton/Collingwood in crisis guff and on they go. Same with On the Couch, Healy will generally go on about the Swans if not the Demons, Lyon will barely contain his woody (obviously been a problem for him in recent years) over the Demons, Riewoldt is usually sensible and Brown is unintelligible.

On we go to face a beat up Richmond on Friday. No Martin, no Vlaustin, no Prestia, no Edwards...bring it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else hear Gary groan in the background when Healy mentioned the dogs in The Good section of the show?😂

I had to rewind it to be sure, but yep, quiet audible. Pretty funny!!

Personally, I’m pretty happy for us to fly under the radar because it’ll keep the pressure off, but as others have said, it’s nice to be up and about and have the media making a fuss. It adds to the good feeling fans currently have for the team/club.
Is there a recording anywhere?

Was expected. What wasn't expected is them not even mentioning mccartneys outburst at the umps.
Just did.

BTW where has Caroline Wilson gone? On leave? Sick?

I don’t disagree that the footy shows play favourites- the bigger Victorian clubs mainly - but I think tonight in particular was just a perfect storm because of the things they prioritise:

- Big club doing poorly (pies)
- Any club meant to challenge for finals underperforming (saints/blues)
- Contender spanked (WC)
- Premier soundly beaten by challenger asserting their credentials
- Exciting game with breakout young players (hawks crows)

I also don’t think Thurs/Friday night games get talked about much unless they’re epic or close finishes as the cycle moves on quickly.

I fully expected to hear virtually nothing tonight, particularly as we didn’t set the world on fire with essentially a workmanlike performance. If they needed to fill a block with the dogs they’d have likely focused on the injuries anyway.

The shows next week will have a decent chunk on our game I expect but as usual the focus will be on the negative either way. It’ll be dogs win and 20 mins on where Richmond are at, or Richmond win and 20 mins on if the dogs are legitimate contenders if they can’t beat Richmond when the dees just spanked them. Then they’ll pull up our fixture and project we’ll end up 7-4 in the next month or so.

Now I’ve written that I’d rather they ignored us until September to be honest. It’ll be annoying either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back