Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - We are live tonight 8:30pm

Thanks to those who jumped on for the live show last night!

The show is now up on iTunes, Spotify etc or you can rewatch below:

Topics:
-Review of Port game
-Grimes, where is he at?
-Young cubs and how they went
-How we are officiated
-Preview of Swans game. - 39:50 mark

The lack of transparency is an issue for a start. In years gone by the AFL website would openly publish the ticket prices in a clear and succinct table, so you could easily make plans in advance with a group of friends for tickets and decide whether it’s reasonable $$$ wise to head to a match.

Now, I don’t think you can even find out what the ticket prices are until you are actually on the Ticketek system going through the whole shitshow process of trying to book a ticket.

It’s the first time this season I’ve had to snag tickets via the general public sale - I’d be shocked if they’d be charging $70 a ticket for a minnow game at the G (Hawthorn v GWS).

So I reckon they’ve done away with locked-in ticket pricing which remains consistent for the entire season, and are instead plucking out of their asses any $$$ figure depending on who’s playing.

Edit - here’s the answer:

Who sets the ticket prices?

The home club sets the prices for all 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season matches. The Melbourne venues general entry price will remain the same with $27 for adults, $18 for concession and juniors remain at $5.

Where does the money from ticket sales go?

The revenue from ticket sales is split between the home club, venue and ticket agent.

Why are prices different for different games?

Any variation in prices across games will reflect and acknowledge the differences in demand for matches.

Dead set, I specifically didn’t get tickets in the MCC so I didn’t have to sit among those cheese board campaigners, but fu** they are blood sucking maggots the Melbourne Demons. They know for a fact that 95% of their fans will be in the MCC reserve, and much of the general areas will be Tigers. I highly doubt they make the general revenue a 50-50 split. Disgrace.
Basically every opponent who hosts us is going to Jack up the price to cash in on playing Richmond

Current episode: S05 EP10 - ft Michaels, Tiger71 & Captain Blood17

Huge thanks to Tiger71 & captain blood 17 for coming on!

Topics covered:
-Review of Melbourne game
-Pickett the midfielder
-Mansell proving his worth
-Nank the tank
-CB17 Bloodbath
-T71 Tiger Den
-Michaels launches Dud team of the week with help from his mates
-Listener questions
-Preview of Western Bulldogs game
-Who comes in for Dusty / Lambert and possibly Grimes?
-Ruck battles
-Predictions

Check out the episode on the below links:

*episode does contain swearing*

If you listen to us on iTunes be sure to leave us a review to bump us up the rankings!

You can also subscribe to us and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube
iTunes
Spotify
Facebook
Twitter
Spreaker

Now I'm concerned that Richardson is the umpires boss. There is a clear bias against Richmond it bloody obvious.
I didn't realise he was the boss until tonight.

Makes it a bit more interesting.

Tiger98

Rookie
Aug 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Tiger71 i remember you mentioning our heavy training load last year around the same time. Is that still a factor this year? Could it be a contributing factor??

Barunga Bullet

The GOAT
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Just listened boys and another great podcast. Well done guys. Tiger71 completely agree about our own supporters writing us off already. Bloody idiots. Its Rd 6 FFS! such a long way to go and we have key players out injured. Theres also a lot of hate towards Lynch at the moment. Even Wayne Carey would probably struggle going into a 2v1 or 3v1 at every contest. Hopefully we play a genuine 2nd ruck/forward to help out as Jake Lever did as he please because we had no one to make him accountable in a contest. It happens every week. The 3rd tall defender cleans up.

Tiger98

Rookie
Aug 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Current episode: S05 EP10 - ft Michaels, Tiger71 & Captain Blood17

Huge thanks to Tiger71 & captain blood 17 for coming on!

Topics covered:
-Review of Melbourne game
-Pickett the midfielder
-Mansell proving his worth
-Nank the tank
-CB17 Bloodbath
-T71 Tiger Den
-Michaels launches Dud team of the week with help from his mates
-Listener questions
-Preview of Western Bulldogs game
-Who comes in for Dusty / Lambert and possibly Grimes?
-Ruck battles
-Predictions

Check out the episode on the below links:

*episode does contain swearing*

If you listen to us on iTunes be sure to leave us a review to bump us up the rankings!

You can also subscribe to us and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube
iTunes
Spotify
Facebook
Twitter
Spreaker

You blokes need more than one show a week, actually felt pretty down about the loss until I tuned in and you blokes gave me some confidence, I really hope we can get back to our best.

You blokes need more than one show a week, actually felt pretty down about the loss until I tuned in and you blokes gave me some confidence, I really hope we can get back to our best.
glad you're enjoying it mate!

Believe me if we had the time the grand plan would be 2 mini shows a week i reckon, but time just doesn't allow for it :-(

hoping to do a live in game show soon though as well!

Tiger98

Rookie
Aug 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Just listened boys and another great podcast. Well done guys. Tiger71 completely agree about our own supporters writing us off already. Bloody idiots. Its Rd 6 FFS! such a long way to go and we have key players out injured. Theres also a lot of hate towards Lynch at the moment. Even Wayne Carey would probably struggle going into a 2v1 or 3v1 at every contest. Hopefully we play a genuine 2nd ruck/forward to help out as Jake Lever did as he please because we had no one to make him accountable in a contest. It happens every week. The 3rd tall defender cleans up.
Reckon we may have a fear of being too tall by playing the 3rd tall but we must try it. Perhaps we might even go smaller in the back half so that we don’t have to push smalls so high up the ground. We did this last year when we kept Broad out, injected Markov into the back half.

Tiger98

Rookie
Aug 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Believe me if we had the time the grand plan would be 2 mini shows a week i reckon, but time just doesn't allow for it :-(

Look forward to it, perhaps even a premium Patreon service for Tig71 trade rumours ;)

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
He's injured !...tough s**t ! (Or similar) Gold.

Cheers boys.

Lynchy to chop out in the ruck and get him more involved. Perfect chance to play RCD and give him a job to run with Bont and try to burn him for speed the other way. Caddy forward (plays his best footy there and loves the goals). Macca's concussion seemed to still effect him but him and Marlion on the wings works, we know that. Cotch need to control the centre and SET THE TONE EARLY.

So,

Caddy for Dusty (remember Dusty is predominantly a forward who impacts in the mids).

RCD for Lambo.

If Grimesy misses then Naish deserves his chance. Broad gets the shut down job.

Will be interesting if CCJ gets his chance.

Agree Ross needs a good run of form in the twos then get thrown back in firing on all cylinders.

So who is the sub ? Naish if Grimes plays...

Cumberland not ready - knee reco and yet to debut.
Dow not ready - appendix.
DES - not up to it.
MRJ - not ready and yet to debut.
Miller - unlikely.
Garth - according to Johnno Brown should be dropped but isn't actually playing - shoulder.
Martyn - possible/probable.
Chol - I'm not a huge fan of his ruckwork but this might be his type of game. X Factor and can play all over the ground. So maybe. He'd be a dangerous threat up forward with their small backline.

Not a great week for the twos to cop a hiding.

Go Tiges !

Last edited:
Back