Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

I'm sure someone has already answered this, so sorry if I'm late to the party.

Just google it mate.

I found this in 3 seconds which states "it’s unlawful and criminal conduct,”
Yeah but what law did they break?

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep, Laidley is the victim, cause someone took photos... but the woman he stalked and threatened, not so much.

Anyone see anything wrong here?
No, Laidley has to face to courts and any repercussions that come of that just like the police officers should too.

Why should the cops get a free run???

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep, Laidley is the victim, cause someone took photos... but the woman he stalked and threatened, not so much.

Anyone see anything wrong here?
Both are victims. Completely different crimes.

Laidley doing the wrong thing doesn't give a cop a free pass to ignore their privacy and rights.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Laidley got a court diversion progam... charges dismissed after writing a letter of thanks to police.
How is that justice for the woman who was terrorised? So unfair in my opinion.
All the emphasis of the discusison is on Laidley and not on ensuring justice for the victim of Laidley's crimes.
It is just amazing that the judge did not just send him strait to the gallows.
What insight do you have that makes you think your opinion is worth more than the judge who presided over the case?? :tearsofjoy:

You do realise that the judge would have taken many aspects into account including the victim impact statement, Laidleys mental state at the time of the event, psych reports, The likelihood of reoffending , her willingness to participate in self help programs are all taken into account Before deciding on the outcome.

There is no simplistic slide rule of offence and punishment received .

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It is just amazing that the judge did not just send him strait to the gallows.
What insight do you have that makes you think your opinion is worth more than the judge who presided over the case?? :tearsofjoy:

You do realise that the judge would have taken many aspects into account including the victim impact statement, Laidleys mental state at the time of the event, psych reports, The likelihood of reoffending , her willingness to participate in self help programs are all taken into account Before deciding on the outcome.

There is no simplistic slide rule of offence and punishment received .
Yeah - because Judges have got so much right in this country during the last 15 years !!!
I'm looking forward to the day that someone develops an algorithm for sentencing that removes all of the Ted Bullpitt from the equation.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Yeah - because Judges have got so much right in this country during the last 15 years !!!
I'm looking forward to the day that someone develops an algorithm for sentencing that removes all of the Ted Bullpitt from the equation.

Are you actually typing this garbage from mummy’s basement?

Jun 16, 2012
Ora Banda pub
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EDL
As much as a troll as he was when he joined the site almost a decade ago.
I don't care what opinion people have about me, or what they say about me. I'm not hiding I put my name out there. I'm not trolling here, I'm serious. I could have 500 people insulting me because I said something they disagree with and It's not going to make me change my mind.

I don't care what opinion people have about me, or what they say about me. I'm not hiding I put my name out there. I'm not trolling here, I'm serious. I could have 500 people insulting me because I said something they disagree with and It's not going to make me change my mind.

tenor (1).gif

That was beautiful man, almost brought me to tears.

joy division

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Why wasn’t Bomber Thompson’s photo taken surreptitiously and then shared?

I can’t recall photos of Thompson being leaked. Anyone else?

Has it been considered that the same officer that took Laidley's photo was not present at the time of Bomber's arrest? Different people are capable of doing different things. Some are capable of breaking the law on drugs and others are capable of breaking the law sober. The two culprits share a common lack of respect for others people privacy.

Back