Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has really turned everything around. Curious that Shiel out seems to make for a better midfield and team.

It was doom and gloom about the Bombers pre season (and I was one of them) but Parish plus the young players make things look much more promising six rounds in. And players are more likely to stay.
Shiel has been in his way from the day we traded for him.
5 years for parish and anyone wanna throw us a late 1st for shiel?

Shiel has been in his way from the day we traded for him.
5 years for parish and anyone wanna throw us a late 1st for shiel?

Well probably the Pies but they haz no draft picks. Not sure a late first would be offered for Shiel, he hasn't impressed much at the Bombers. Maybe late first for Shiel and change. There would be clubs interested.

Well probably the Pies but they haz no draft picks. Not sure a late first would be offered for Shiel, he hasn't impressed much at the Bombers. Maybe late first for Shiel and change. There would be clubs interested.
Nice compliment to the dees midfield.
I dont really care, just wanna keep merrett and parish on the ball for the future

Becoming a very good player. Today and against the Saints were very good games. Essendon plays a good brand of footy and I reckon their future looks quite good. Can’t see Parish leaving at the moment, a two year contract will get him to free agency and he can see where Essendon are heading. If he holds off signing until later in the year he can bump his price up with more performances like today.

Geez some people will be made to look stupid if others can be bothered going deep into the history of this thread.

I know a few posters hate Essendon but the kid can play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah right has a day out against a VFL standard team, runs around like a headless chook all other times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah right has a day out against a VFL standard team, runs around like a headless chook all other times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll let multiple All Australian players Scott Pendlebury and Steele Sidebottom know your thoughts.

Not to mention the best ruckmen in the comp.

Kinda weird flex to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Rounds 3-6 the No. 5 pick in the 2015 national draft is No. 1 in the league for clearances and No. 6 for disposals.

In Rounds 1 and 2 his split was 41 per cent forward, 59 per cent midfield.

From Rounds 3-6 it is 97 per cent midfield, three per cent forward.

He has attended the most centre bounces at the club in that time – an average of 21.8.

Parish is an absolute gun.

His development has been held back by Shiel who is highly paid but nowhere near as good.

Maybe Shiel on a wing and just run up and down like Ed Langdon but Shiel not be attending any stoppages.

Parish would be on 8 Brownlow votes already.

Last edited:
As a footy fan, I really enjoy the fact that two underrated former high draft picks had career defining matches in the same weekend. It's actually quite annoying that Salem wasn't rewarded on Saturday night. Considering the mistake made during the medal presentation i'm convinced they had the wrong Christian.

Anyway, well done to both Christian and Darcy. Parish was massive yesterday. I always thought he was a good solid player who could take the next step towards A grade, but I didn't see a 42 disposal 2 goal game coming on Anzac Day. Bombers fans seem rightfully chuffed.

His development has been held back by Shiel who is highly paid but nowhere near as good.

Maybe Shiel on a wing and just run up and down like Ed Langdon but Shiel not be attending any stoppages.

Shiel played a bit forward in the games he's played this year. He probably swaps to Darcy's early season role, moving between forward and mid as part of the 2nd centre square rotation.

Shiels best ability is winning centre clearances. Has regularly been in the top 5/10 in the league in that area statistically.

Merrett is the one who needs to spend more time on the outside of the contest and take up a wing role.

Worsfold does look stupid for having Smith ahead of Parish in the midfield rotation when he’s never been a great ball winner.

Shiels best ability is winning centre clearances. Has regularly been in the top 5/10 in the league in that area statistically.

Merrett is the one who needs to spend more time on the outside of the contest and take up a wing role.

Worsfold does look stupid for having Smith ahead of Parish in the midfield rotation when he’s never been a great ball winner.
Shiel, parish and stringer at CBA.
Mcgrath to HFF?
Mcgrath moves up as stringer goes forward after the bounce.

of late its been more mcgrath holding him back

Mcgrath to HFF?
McGrath to HFF doesn't make any sense at all, even though I like your out of the box thinking. Think he's a proven midfielder now, think that's where he wants to play too. His numbers are a little down compared to his 2020 season, but I think that's due to Parish coming in more. When McGrath is on too.... he's ON! If you're going to throw him anywhere else, put him where he was in his first year and that's off the HB line even then I wouldn't at all tinker with position as he is a proven midfielder now. I think the move that would be most interesting (with Parish now being back into the midfield) is with Shiel, possibly putting him on the wing. Sure, he's got a knack for hunting the ball inside, but his pace of the mark I think would really suit that outside game + breaking the line. Cox on one wing and Shiel on the other would look pretty incredible.

Mcgrath to HFF?

Caldwell is another one to fit in.

McGrath can play anywhere. One of his best qualities is his commitment to the team and willingness to play any role.

With a full list to pick from I’d say our mid rotation would be:

C: Cox - Parish - McGrath
R: Draper - Shiel - Merrett/Stringer*
IC: Caldwell

*Stringer to take centre bounces.

All of Ham, Langford, Smith and Snelling to pinch hit on the wing or take the odd centre bounce to mix the things up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back