Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

39,401 as of 27/04/2021 , very content with that.

Ahead on every year except 2016 when we were 5-0 and we're going into a top of the table clash against the Dogs.

2015 - 37,771
2016 - 41,000
2017 - 37,818
2018 - 38,208
2019 - 38,431
2020 - 37,786
2021 - 39,401

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ahead on every year except 2016 when we were 5-0 and we're going into a top of the table clash against the Dogs.

2015 - 37,771
2016 - 41,000
2017 - 37,818
2018 - 38,208
2019 - 38,431
2020 - 37,786
2021 - 39,401

Good thing G.R. these like us will be rusted on.
> Dees, Dons, Dogs rise.
> Pies, Weagles, Saints drop.

My dad was at a function recently and got talking to a North supporter who stopped being a member after 2007 becuase he thought we should have gone to the Gold Coast and would be much better off. I wonder how many of these there are out there?

None that I care about.

39,401 as of 27/04/2021 , very content with that.

40k in a season where we're going to have to Bradbury a win is a fair crack tbh. No reason we couldn't be ~50k in a couple of years if we're contending.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
My dad was at a function recently and got talking to a North supporter who stopped being a member after 2007 becuase he thought we should have gone to the Gold Coast and would be much better off. I wonder how many of these there are out there?
I assume your dad punched him in the head?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yeah I still wear one of these scarves I've had for years to the game, far better than any member scarf they've put out for years:

View attachment 1109295

Well at least since 2008 (that was the best):

View attachment 1109297
I've still got mine from the 80s with a sewn on patch of my name my mum put on all my stuff in case I left it at school. Funny as sometimes strangers at the footy will call my name as I forgot about the name tag.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'll take 2 wins there. * for the giggle.......

There's no chance we'll beat them on current output.

...........and the Swans for the fact we have not beaten them here since 2007 😡

Roos is in charge at North now, so we'll just put 23 on the park.

It was mentioned on SEN this morning that members with reserved seating can return to their purchased seats from round 9.

AFL 2021: Huge win as fans can reclaim their seats at MCG and Marvel Stadium from round nine
After being denied their rightful seats because of social distancing provisions, AFL supporters will be able to finally sit with friends and family from round nine in a landmark decision.

Jon Ralph

Footy fans will be able to return to their reserved seats from Round 9 in a massive boost to the league’s COVID-affected season.

News Corp can reveal the AFL’s breakthrough with ticketing agencies means fans who purchased those reserved seats in the pre-season can finally return to sitting with family and friends.

Many large groups of mates and families who have sat in the same MCG or Marvel Stadium seats for many years were dismayed to be allocated seats this year given social distancing provisions.

But from Round 9, fans only need to download a digital membership card to use on their smart phone, then can simply attend games without having to register for seats.

Fans without smartphones can work with their clubs on alternative arrangements.

But amid a drop in attendance caused by capacity restrictions, fans will be thrilled given they have complained all year about paying for seats they cannot sit in.

The league has this week exceeded one million members after eight rounds, with Richmond and West Coast on track to again break the 100,000 member mark.

The change will take place for the MCG and Marvel Stadium in Round 9 and at GMHBA Stadium in Round 10, with tickets on sale for Rounds 9-10 from May 11.

The general public and members without specific reserved seats will still need to register for tickets through ticket agencies.

AFL executive Kylie Rogers said the Victorian government’s approval had allowed the breakthrough.

“Our priority has been to ensure, in the safest way possible, that members get back to their beloved reserve seats to enjoy the footy with their friends and family. It is a great result for football fans in Victoria and highlights the hard work of fans adhering to COVID-safe rules across the first part of the season.” she said.

“We empathise that although members will be back in their seats, there are still some COVID-safe guidelines we must continue to follow. It is another great step in getting back to normal as the community continues to manage life amongst the pandemic.”

The league has been hit by a pair of Optus Stadium games played with no fans, robbing 105,000 WA fans who had bought seats from attending clashes at the last minute.

After seven rounds so far this year, the average attendance at an AFL match is 29,021 compared to 36,317 across the entire 2019 season.

The league says one in 26 Australians is an AFL club member, with Carlton, Brisbane, Geelong and St Kilda having already broken all-time records.

The league has until July 31 to break the all-time record of 1,057,572 members set in 2019, with last year’s total of 992,854 COVID-affected.

The state government has set stadium capacities at 85 per cent for the MCG and 75 per cent for Marvel Stadium and GMHBA Stadium.

But while those stadiums cannot be full, they are allowed to have specific members bays at 100 per cent, which has paved the way for traditional seating plans.

Was just checking the Nth app for the Collingwood tickets and saw these games have been added with the correct reserved seats👍
B8982949-D760-41A6-8CA4-5F399A82B9D2.png

When do we get to use the bring a friend for free thingy?

This and replacement games is what I want to know about? Away to St Kilda coming up soon should be a replacement game surely?

Back