Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the most game is a row this kid has played is 6.

The longest stretch in his entire career.

He has a bunch of time on his side. But that is the issue that needs to be fixed. Not his talent or anything like that.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He actually reminds me a lot of Cunnington, even in his development. The game still slows down for LDU, but he needs to be switched on more and perhaps work on his endurance aspect of his cardio respiratory fitness.
Should be a simple fix for this guy. Someone just needs to tell him the he is prone to drifting off and being a lazy campaigner during matches

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coincidence : Zurhaar has his own little influencer girlfriend- plays like crap.
LDU squires the influencer girlfriend- - plays like crap

Maybe these girls drain there super powers.

Loving reading the range of excuses offered up for his game, hopefully the rest of the guys get them.
The above is mine

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
1619345803767.jpeg

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay, so this is due to your personal expectations.

I personally think you and other posters need to readjust your expectations of a 21 year old that has been plagued by injury and only managed 30 odd games. Throw in the fact he’s being played out of position & coming off an injury which appears to have effected his engine (likely due to doing less cardio over the last month).

This whole “He was pick 4 so needs to be a finished product NOW” logic is just so short sighted & frankly, pathetic.

Any half decent viewer of AFL can tell you that Luke has shown some pretty special traits in his limited exposure. I recommend supporters also try to understand that certain players do take years in the system to show consistency (Cunnington, Tarrant, Goldstein, McDonald, McKay, Anderson ring any bells?).

It’s a positive that despite not being close to a finished product & playing out of position, he’s averaging 20 Disposals and getting shots on goal.
i’m not questioning his performance. I’m questioning his effort, in particular defensive efforts. Apparently a lot of footy experts say that’s a non-negotiable. I don’t see anyone denying that some of his efforts are poor, just that he has an excuse because of his fitness.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i’m not questioning his performance. I’m questioning his effort, in particular defensive efforts. Apparently a lot of footy experts say that’s a non-negotiable. I don’t see anyone denying that some of his efforts are poor, just that he has an excuse because of his fitness.

How were Petraccas defensive efforts when he was 21?

I’ll tell you, non existent.

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How were Petraccas defensive efforts when he was 21?

I’ll tell you, non existent.
Kudos to you if you can remember what petraccas defensive efforts were like when he was 21. I wouldn’t even be able to remember my own defensive efforts from that long ago, they were probably non existent too. I look forward to LDU maturing into an awesome player.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Not to say the reasons are not legitimate.

Just that there is always a reason why when playing poorly and looking half paced.

He can never push through whatever it is.

I, in no way trust our medical department to fix the issue.

Kudos to you if you can remember what petraccas defensive efforts were like when he was 21. I wouldn’t even be able to remember my own defensive efforts from that long ago, they were probably non existent too. I look forward to LDU maturing into an awesome player.

It was only 4 seasons ago (Petracca is now 25), so not that hard to remember. He was seen as an underperformer who lacked a defensive side. So, a valid comparison.

Last year he came =3rd in the Brownlow.

He still lacks a defensive side, but no-one at Melbourne gives a s**t about that.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was only 4 seasons ago (Petracca is now 25), so not that hard to remember. He was seen as an underperformer who lacked a defensive side. So, a valid comparison.

Last year he came =3rd in the Brownlow.

He still lacks a defensive side, but no-one at Melbourne gives a sh*t about that.

LDU & Petracca’s 4th year stats. I’ll let the experts work out whose who.

C1D20591-F279-46D4-8748-A24F1BB180C6.png

0DFB5025-AD1C-45F1-860C-2653CD54073D.png

Or

8A29ECB3-A94B-4BAF-910C-F367FEC8B372.png
2A3B8CD8-BC32-4A22-AD2E-B72E7C0C0DAE.png

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was LDU the only player with poor defensive efforts yesterday?

Don’t really see any other player threads blowing up like this one.

Good to know that if we drop LDU all our issues will be resolved.

No, but LDUs poor efforts really stuck out. Now if he was that unfit then that’s a reason but maybe he shouldn’t have played

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Dougster

All Australian
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That first quarter in round one seems sooooo long ago.

Needs a really good run without an injury and we'll see more of those quarters

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OP is brutal, and the after effects of having to deload then reload isnt great for soft tissue injuries. I wouldnt be surprised if he is carrying other niggles. Wasnt moving great

Coincidence : Zurhaar has his own little influencer girlfriend- plays like crap.

Loving reading the range of excuses offered up for his game, hopefully the rest of the guys get them.
The above is mine
Zurhaar has split from the instagram girlfriend a little while ago. Maybe there is a link between this and his poor form though you would hope not.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simple instructions this week. Whenever Petracca is in the midfield you play on him.

Don't over complicate it for him, just get him play one on one with one of the best in the comp. He has the explosiveness to go with him and Petracca isn't an endurance beast, so he should have no worries keeping up with him around the ground.

I just don't want to see anymore flat footed-ness around the contest and half hearted efforts if the opposition wins the footy. If you explode out of the contest with the footy you can explode out of it if the opposition wins the initial contest.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The above is mine

This is actually believable. Drinking their own bath water

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The above is mine

This is a legitimately plausible theory I don't care how ridiculous it may sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back