We need to talk about Mundy

Remove this Banner Ad

The veterans list concession for David Mundy is $161,000 a year at the moment. If the cap is restored in 2022 then it will be $178,000. Mundy is not expensive for us to sign next year.

Those figures are also excluded from the salary cap in the payments for Stephen Hill, Michael Walters and Nathan Fyfe.

I know he's been an amazing player for a long time but is it possible that he could actually be in career best form? Every one of our wins this year, he's been BoG imo.

I live in Melbourne so the only games I've seen this year live were the Carlton loss and the Giants win when I was back home on a little holiday, but it's truly amazing the amount of space this guy constantly finds himself in. I'm not complaining, but surely his beautiful delivery forward warrants a tag? He's the last player bar maybe Walters or Cerra that an oppo coach would want to give a paddock of space to

With Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra (when he was fit) all stepping up - plus Fyfe just being Fyfe - Mundy has almost been given free rein to do what he pleases and influence the game in the most effective way possible.
Mundy said this when he was interviewed. Taking nothing away from how amazing he has been but it is clear he is benefitting from Brayshaw, Serong and Fyfe all being in great form as well.

The veterans list concession for David Mundy is $161,000 a year at the moment. If the cap is restored in 2022 then it will be $178,000. Mundy is not expensive for us to sign next year.

Those figures are also excluded from the salary cap in the payments for Stephen Hill, Michael Walters and Nathan Fyfe.
now i finally understand how Geelong can afford their team

Pretty interesting hearing Adam Simpson on radio - he said a few years ago they could see Mundy was likely getting close to retirement and were going to offer him a coaching gig as that kind of of talent is rare to come by.

But now this weekend they're trying to figure out whether to put their best tagger on him or their second best.

Puts things into context. Amazing game this.

Pretty interesting hearing Adam Simpson on radio - he said a few years ago they could see Mundy was likely getting close to retirement and were going to offer him a coaching gig as that kind of of talent is rare to come by.

But now this weekend they're trying to figure out whether to put their best tagger on him or their second best.

Puts things into context. Amazing game this.
Would be furious if freo let the Eagles snatch him up for a coaching gig. In saying that it’s not a bad thing to go and do coaching elsewhere but just not them!

Heard that Centrelink was doing an investigation into payments made to a Mr D Mundy of Fremantle. Rumours going around about this person claiming an old age pension, whilst being seen jogging around with the local footy team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not in most punters rolling All Australian team.

Still think he has been as good as Pendlebury, just flys under the radar. Maybe if he played basketball as a youngster, he’d be more highly thought of by our media !!!!!!.
Funny that, i worked with a guy who knew mundy growing up. He reckoned that he was amazing at basketball. his best friend was even better, college offers to america you name it. Mundy was going to follow down that path as well. However the friend died in a car crash and mundy went down the path of the other sport he was really good at.

So yes apparently he does have a basketball background. (mind you that guy was a lunatic, could be completely wrong and i've never met mundy).

Did anyone get on Mundy for Brownlow at 501 bucks?

Chucked a 20 on 101 and nice to see those odds drop to 19:1.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back