Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He looks enormous now. Compared to when he was drafted.
Interesting what Patton moving on has done for someone like Jeka (if you’re trying to look for a silver lining) and how much the attitude changes when there’s only 1 player standing in front of you and senior selection rather than 2.

Kosi and Mitch are great prospects, Jeka looks like he could be the best of the lot. Those big arms going up look ominous combined with his skills and athleticism.

There’s still water to go under the bridge, but you really have to take your hat off to the recruiting staff. With two rookie picks and a late third rounder they’ve delivered us a tall forward line.

Emerson Jeka (20 disposals, 9 marks, 5 goals)
"Jeka was the stand-out player of the day with 5.2 to his name. Most pleasing in his game was his ability to push up between the arcs which enabled him to get 20 possessions as well as a handful of score assists. His field kicking was also a highlight."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So curious to see how things pan out for Jeka, originally touted as a potential top 10 pick bottom age then slips to the Rookie draft. Showing some really encouraging signs in the magoos ATM, fu** I'm praying it's thievery.
You can tell he will make it IMO, he has elite attributes for a key fwd. quick, strong , athletic, great kick either side. Takes the ball at the highest point.

The issue with him in the past has been his inconsistent approach to contests. Some times he would go in hard while others he would chose not to. I'm glad to see that he has thrown away those growing pains. He is a great field kick and it will be interesting because the VFL comp is not as strong as it used to be. Has had a full pre season like kosi and is fit and ready for his chance

Highlights of Jekas game on the weekend.

Can't believe how two footed he is. Moves around the ground really well and is more nimble than I thought.

Fully agree - thought he must have been another leftie until he took that set shot with the right! Gives him so many options in traffic. A very solid unit who is quick on his feet. Best clip of a hawks forward I’ve seen in a while!!! Opposition seemed pretty poor but not sure he can do much more on a day like that.

That highlights package has got me even more excited . He is going to be a weapon. His mobility and reach looks elite, his kicking is outstanding for a big man, just like Buddy’s field kicking. Easily fits in the forward line now and it is not too big as all are mobile.
FF Breust, Lewis, Kozi
HFF Wingard, Jeka, Gunston,
That is one impressive forward line.

So curious to see how things pan out for Jeka, originally touted as a potential top 10 pick bottom age then slips to the Rookie draft. Showing some really encouraging signs in the magoos ATM, fu** I'm praying it's thievery.

I think Terry Wallace had him as his number 1, for what that's worth. He likes to lead wide but when you can kick like him who cares right?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back