These players need to go in the next year or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist this year
Lynch , Keane , Mayne , Greenwood, Ruscoe, 1 of Thomas or Whe in the hope the other gets the realisation they wont be gifted games and on the chopping block for 2022 delistings.

On notice for 2022
C Brown, Bianco, Wilson , Tohill, Roughead,leftovers of Thomas or Whe , 1 or 2 of 2020 draftees if showing they arent up to it
Whe is contracted. Roughy is playing well and not on big $, don’t get the hate for Him

Keane doesnt look like he has the basics or basic knowledge of a footballer. Thats the most concerning thing. Go to the draft to find a KPD

Hoskin has the output of a 1st/2nd year player in the last couple of years. Thats the concern. He is essentially in his prime age and goes missing. Not good enough. Wouldnt be on small change either

I actually thought he did. A lot more so than in his 1st game. He just lacked the confidence and decision making speed to make the most of his opportunities. In senior footy you get closed down pretty quickly if you're at all hesitant. That and he just got beaten 1v1 by a much better footballer. I think he needs more VFL time to build that confidence and decision making.

I don’t think we NEED to get rid of many.

Players who need to be phased out

Cox’s contract shouldn’t be renewed and we’re starting to wake up to the fact that Cameron is equivalent, younger and cheaper.

Greenwood is a good bloke but isn’t going to improve, but will stifle the development of others if played.

Mayne has also well and truly peaked, offers little offensively, and his selection impedes the development of Murphy, T Brown or a Poulter.

Madgen is 28 and currently the weakest link in our defensive setup. If we were performing better as a team, you could justify leaving him in place to remain competitive, but in a development year he needs to make way for the likes of Kelly, Keane, Murphy and Wilson.

Players whose roles need to change

Steele Sidebottom isn’t getting it done as a midfielder anymore. He is however a clever forward, and can get boot to ball quickly on either side of his body. He needs to be played forward to provide a scoring option and accelerate the development of our young midfield prospects.

Ruscoe is neither here nor there as a forward. He isn’t tall enough, quick enough or physical enough. He needs to go back to a half-back position and play as a negating defender, and if it doesn’t happen in the AFL it needs to happen in the VFL.

Callum Brown is of little use as a high half-forward. He can’t kick goals from that position, and if he marks 30-50m out he still needs to find another target. Brown’s best chance is as a crumbing deep forward, doing occasional stints as a midfielder. He is smart, slippery and quick with great hands below his knees, he should be front and centre every time the ball gets kicked to the top of the goalsquare.

Players who need time

Players like Sier, Keane, T Brown etc. don’t need to be moved on, we simply need them to get better. If they don’t, they will eventually be moved on from, but they are young and relatively cheap and shouldn’t be pushed out the door when there are others well ahead in the line.

Players who aren’t going to get better, but are worth more to us than we’d get in trade value

Pendlebury, Roughead, Thomas, Sidebottom, WHE, Howe all pretty much fall into this category. These players play well enough to keep us somewhat competitive, and provide structure and direction around the younger guys coming through, without majorly blocking their development. That’s one-third of the on-ground personnel, I don’t think you want much more of the team to be essentially placeholders to stop the young guys from getting beaten up.

Cox’s contract shouldn’t be renewed and we’re starting to wake up to the fact that Cameron is equivalent, younger and cheaper.

Greenwood is a good bloke but isn’t going to improve, but will stifle the development of others if played.

Mayne has also well and truly peaked, offers little offensively, and his selection impedes the development of Murphy, T Brown or a Poulter.

Madgen is 28 and currently the weakest link in our defensive setup. If we were performing better as a team, you could justify leaving him in place to remain competitive, but in a development year he needs to make way for the likes of Kelly, Keane, Murphy and Wilson.

Steele Sidebottom isn’t getting it done as a midfielder anymore. He is however a clever forward, and can get boot to ball quickly on either side of his body. He needs to be played forward to provide a scoring option and accelerate the development of our young midfield prospects.

Ruscoe is neither here nor there as a forward. He isn’t tall enough, quick enough or physical enough. He needs to go back to a half-back position and play as a negating defender, and if it doesn’t happen in the AFL it needs to happen in the VFL.

Callum Brown is of little use as a high half-forward. He can’t kick goals from that position, and if he marks 30-50m out he still needs to find another target. Brown’s best chance is as a crumbing deep forward, doing occasional stints as a midfielder. He is smart, slippery and quick with great hands below his knees, he should be front and centre every time the ball gets kicked to the top of the goalsquare.

Players who need time

Players like Sier, Keane, T Brown etc. don’t need to be moved on, we simply need them to get better. If they don’t, they will eventually be moved on from, but they are young and relatively cheap and shouldn’t be pushed out the door when there are others well ahead in the line.

Players who aren’t going to get better, but are worth more to us than we’d get in trade value

Pendlebury, Roughead, Thomas, Sidebottom, WHE, Howe all pretty much fall into this category. These players play well enough to keep us somewhat competitive, and provide structure and direction around the younger guys coming through, without majorly blocking their development. That’s one-third of the on-ground personnel, I don’t think you want much more of the team to be essentially placeholders to stop the young guys from getting beaten up.

Not sure you can post stuff like this, it'll just confuse too many people.

Whe is contracted. Roughy is playing well and not on big $, don’t get the hate for Him

I love roughead. He looked behind it last year , maybe was just the hub year.

2022 delistings is another year and a half away - 32 end of next season. If he goes around again and warrants it i wouldnt be dissapointed as i think his experience and personality around the club is huge. Id really love Kelly or another youngster push him out however

Players who need time

Madgen Madgen Madgen. Don't get me started on this bloke. I seriously do not know why he is in the side. What does he offer our team?n Pathetic ball used who always calls for the ball when in the wrong position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back