Injury SJOGHCIU 2021

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
I suspect JK would have played last week had the game been in Perth.
Yes, I think they were having a bet each way -

1) We are going to lose the game anyway so don't take JK

2) We are going to give ourselves the best chance of winning by getting a charter plane direct to Geelong (we might be able to win)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes, I think they were having a bet each way -

1) We are going to lose the game anyway so don't take JK

2) We are going to give ourselves the best chance of winning by getting a charter plane direct to Geelong (we might be able to win)
Thank F JK didn't play, he wouldn't have made any difference with the way our midfield got smashed

I read somewhere Shuey had returned to track for light duties?

I have a bet for a slab with a mate that he will return to track before Matt Crouch, made the bet before the surgery was announced.

Sorry to intrude not a whole lot online atm and the WA article has a pay wall.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I read somewhere Shuey had returned to track for light duties?

I have a bet for a slab with a mate that he will return to track before Matt Crouch, made the bet before the surgery was announced.

Sorry to intrude not a whole lot online atm and the WA article has a pay wall.

Shuey working in the gym , climbing rope etc .
PS hope we don't fall like you guys pretty tough this year , play the younger players and add another Daicos .

From the 7 news snippet's JK and Hurn near sure things to play , Gov exercising his bike to pass fit but doubtful .
Midfield drills O'Neill and Trew involved not saying Trew will play ....Kelly walking Laps with Knee strapped and lower leg strapped . Ah Oh !!

Shuey working in the gym , climbing rope etc .
PS hope we don't fall like you guys pretty tough this year , play the younger players and add another Daicos .

From the 7 news snippet's JK and Hurn near sure things to play , Gov exercising his bike to pass fit but doubtful .
Midfield drills O'Neill and Trew involved not saying Trew will play ....Kelly walking Laps with Knee strapped and lower leg strapped . Ah Oh !!

No one could fall like us almost like it was self sabotage.

Shuey have any time frame?

Eastwestcoast

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Anyone able to read that and see who the missing players are?

Shannon Hurn is almost certain to become West Coast’s standalone games record holder on Sunday after moving freely at the club’s first training session since being mauled by Geelong.

Hurn, the 2018 premiership captain, has played 290 matches for the Eagles to sit alongside champion ruckman Dean Cox.

A minor calf strain forced him to miss the 97-point loss to Geelong on Saturday but he trained fluently at Mineral Resources Park today and appears set to return to the team to take on Fremantle at Optus Stadium in the 52nd western derby on Sunday.

MORE DERBY COVERAGE:

Cox fails to train ahead of derby
Dockers derby favourites, says Simpson
Mundy magic: Coaches deem veteran best in the league
Kennedy’s ankle ‘settles down’, return likely
Eagles reveal when Ryan will resume flyin’
A Six-Pack Of IPA: Historic Eagles streaks both good and bad; Mundy outdoes Ablett
Fellow 33-year-old Josh Kennedy also missed the trip to Geelong but showed no signs of a recent ankle injury during his brief goal-kicking exercise.

The two veterans will add considerable leadership to the team left marooned when stand-in captain Jeremy McGovern sustained an adductor injury early in the game at GMHBA Stadium.

There was no sign of McGovern nor Jamie Cripps (ribs) at training while several other senior players were still showing the effects of the bruising encounter.

The West Coast Eagles train ahead of their clash with cross town rivals Fremantle Dockers on Sunday. Pictured -
The West Coast Eagles train ahead of their clash with cross town rivals Fremantle Dockers on Sunday. Pictured - Credit: Daniel Wilkins
Midfielder Tim Kelly had his left knee and right calf heavily bandaged and only walked two slow laps before returning to the West Coast indoor facility,

Full-back Tom Barrass walked or jogged several laps while fellow defender Tom Cole did not take part in training.

Barrass had a long talk to coach Adam Simpson before leaving the track.

And ruckman Nic Naitanui completed the low-key session but spent much of it doing individual ruckwork with Elliott Yeo as his crumber.

Yeo has not played since last August after being stricken with osteitis pubis but is on a graduated return to action.

Liam Duggan.
Liam Duggan. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian
Jack Petruccelle was listed as a test after damaging a hamstring this month but trained freely and could come into the team should Cripps be ruled out.

Petruccelle kicked four goals in the round four loss to St Kilda but has not played since.

Jack Redden.
Jack Redden. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian
Premiership tagger Mark Hutchings completed running and goal-kicking drills away from the main group and is likely to come into selection contention in coming weeks as he returns from a long-term hamstring injury.

Hutchings played limited minutes during his return for West Coast’s WAFL team last week and would have been on longer game-time before the last round was postponed during the Perth shutdown.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shuey unknown could be three months at worst slowly slowly now for Shuey I would imagine ..

Fair enough, he was pretty much best on his last 3 games.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
What i would not give for our club to poach fitness boss Darren Burgess from Melbourne.

When he was at Port, they were outrunning every team in the league for 2 seasons before the competition caught up.

Now, he has got Melbourne running harder then ever which is instrumental in their rise.

I rate him very, very highly.

We should knock on his door with an open chequebook.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
What i would not give for our club to poach fitness boss Darren Burgess from Melbourne.

When he was at Port, they were outrunning every team in the league for 2 seasons before the competition caught up.

Now, he has got Melbourne running harder then ever which is instrumental in their rise.

Yeah this team at peak fitness would be unstoppable. Would go a long way to fixing our lack of 4 quarter efforts. Based on the first 6 rounds this year we’d genuinely have won every game bar maybe the Geelong one by a minimum of 6 goals.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Lol - this is his third season there and they were garbage for the first two.

navi_

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

to add to this the season port looked a million bucks they were cooked from round 18 onwards. completely botched the periodisation of the program and had them playing their best footy at round 12

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast

Correct. Remember he (burgess) is simply one component of a football department, there are many more. If they don't operate in synch or efficiently, the club generally doesn't do well. Melbourne are simply reaping the rewards of improved fitness now that their skills are up to scratch again.

Believe me, this guy is exceptional and any right minded club would have him heading up their fitness department in a heartbeat.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
TBF we are generally one of the fittest teams in the comp. The shorter preseason, going back to full quarters with capped interchange have all played a part. The club doesn't completely escape the blame but I can see us being a better running side next season

TBF we are generally one of the fittest teams in the comp. The shorter preseason, going back to full quarters with capped interchange have all played a part. The club doesn't completely escape the blame but I can see us being a better running side next season
Doesn't it strike you as a little pathetic that we seem to have prioritised endurance but are getting run all over by teams who have plenty of more powerful athletes?

We aren't even winning the contest we appear to have building the team toward. Sad.

Doesn't it strike you as a little pathetic that we seem to have prioritised endurance but are getting run all over by teams who have plenty of more powerful athletes?

We aren't even winning the contest we appear to have building the team toward. Sad.
I have a theory that our lighter bodies aren’t well suited to absorbing the impact of physical contests throughout a game which reduces the benefits our increased endurance might otherwise provide

This is purely a guess however

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast

Yep. I was sorta worried going into this season. It's been found out now with no shuey and Yeo either. Theres some quality and class still there but yeah I agree.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a theory that our lighter bodies aren’t well suited to absorbing the impact of physical contests throughout a game which reduces the benefits our increased endurance might otherwise provide

This is purely a guess however
I could see Dana Hooker as a development coach in the midfield, she clearly knows how to hit a contest hard despite being slight. And how to get back up with repeat efforts. I'm more convinced it's a mindset issue than a strength and conditioning one.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
So, are we actually going to get a SJOGHCIU this week? Would be good to know how Gov is tracking, plus who else has picked up ailments that haven't been mentioned (media seem to think Cripps is hurt and Kelly may have a leg issue).

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
So, are we actually going to get a SJOGHCIU this week? Would be good to know how Gov is tracking, plus who else has picked up ailments that haven't been mentioned (media seem to think Cripps is hurt and Kelly may have a leg issue).

There hasn't been an Eagle Review or podcast released either. We might be a day behind from the long weekend, or the club's got other priorities after that performance.

Back