Injury SJOGHCIU 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t usually say Jamie Cripps is a flat tracking player but he has fallen off a cliff this last two years
He’s had more mediocre years than good ones IMO. Needs to be dropped more often and told to focus on the defensive pressure that embedded him in the side in the first place.

He’s had more mediocre years than good ones IMO. Needs to be dropped more often and told to focus on the defensive pressure that embedded him in the side in the first place.
[/QUOTE]

Agree.

But he is a player that plays well when the team is.

In 2015, 18 & 19 he played some pretty good football and kicked a fair amount of goals.

Maybe lost his edge a bit since becoming a Dad.

Yeo was commenting on the lack of availabile leaders in the Cats game and said that Gov went down, then said Gov and Nic, and trailed off.

Could be nothing. I didn't watch the last half so I'm not sure if Nic was rested or looked banged up. We'll see.

Yeo was commenting on the lack of availabile leaders in the Cats game and said that Gov went down, then said Gov and Nic, and trailed off.

Could be nothing. I didn't watch the last half so I'm not sure if Nic was rested or looked banged up. We'll see.

68.5% TOG over the first four rounds, down to 61% over the last two weeks. Not a seismic shift but definitely noticeable.

68.5% TOG over the first four rounds, down to 61% over the last two weeks. Not a seismic shift but definitely noticeable.

It's over 10% less TOG from a player who already has low TOG. I would guess the player average would be within 3-5% variance game to game, with how many fitness staff and coaches are watching the numbers and GPS tracking while the game is unfolding.

I should probably know better than to trust Vozzo's injury guesstimates but have to admit, potentially getting JK, Hurn and Petruccelle back for the derby makes me feel a whole lot better about our chances.

Ryan looking like getting a couple of games in before the bye. That initial stretch after the bye will be brutal - Richmond and WB at home followed by Swans at the cursed SCG

I should probably know better than to trust Vozzo's injury guesstimates but have to admit, potentially getting JK, Hurn and Petruccelle back for the derby makes me feel a whole lot better about our chances.

Ryan looking like getting a couple of games in before the bye. That initial stretch after the bye will be brutal - Richmond and WB at home followed by Swans at the cursed SCG

Yep, going to be critical that we have one of Yeo or Shuey back immediately post-bye.

Both would be great - but at least one would give us some sort of chance.

Great news on Ryan. Hopefully it is properly settled and it 'seems' he won't lose too much fitness if he is still able to do swimming, cycling etc.

If Brennan Cox misses for them as what's being mooted than they will have no recognized tall defenders left.
Further improves our chances, but counts for nought if the midfield doesn't lift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brennan Cox misses for them as what's being mooted than they will have no recognized tall defenders left.
Further improves our chances, but counts for nought if the midfield doesn't lift.
I reckon this will decide the game.

Logue plays as a tall defender by memory he did a decent job on tex

He can be hit and miss. If we get JK back their talls will struggle to contain all three of our tall forwards. Tex isnt as quick anymore compared to Allen.
tbf the fact that he was strong enough to go with tex is more impressive. He's more of a 3rd tall defender than can play tall IMO

tbf the fact that he was strong enough to go with tex is more impressive. He's more of a 3rd tall defender than can play tall IMO
Logue is a massive spud. If he's taking our best tall, then they are stuffed if we even get 2/3s of the inside 50s they do.

Pretty sure Logue was on him when JK kicked 7 against Freo few years ago

You mean the first derby of 2017? JK kicked 6, Logue was playing his 6th career game. How good he is now, I have no idea, but he's probably better than he was then.

As a side note on Logue, the guy's in his 5th senior season but has only played 30 games, fair to say that no one really knows how good he is. Maybe he gets his body right and becomes an amazing player (Max Gawn as an example was more than half way through his sixth season before he crossed 30 games...), maybe he never does and just fades away, but he really hasn't had a chance to get the continuity to be definitively good or bad as yet.

Was thinking that it seems we always have been losing a lot of players to injury over the last 5 years. I don't think there is another club in the league that has to deal with as many injuries on a constant basis then us. Being without 5/6 of our best 22 seems like a regular thing these last few seasons.

Last year we went through the same thing. Year before that likewise. Question is why can't we get our players on the park. Can except two of three best 22 out but we seems to have to turnover pretty much the whole list on a weekly basis. Frustrating having to play most of our reserves. No wonder why we getting beaten easily.

Any chance it's our medical team issue. Why can't they get the players right. Soon as one of them get a stratch it's out for two or three. Are we being too conservative on the injury front. Something's not adding up. Not seeing it with other clubs. How did we become so weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back