List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I know 18 plus Ladhams is effectively 2 first rounders. They may match, if they do I don't think we should do the deal.

Again why?

You don't think a 26 year old A grade midfielder with the exact attributes we need joining us when we are in our premiership window is worth a late first rounder and our third string ruckman?

Again why?

You don't think a 26 year old A grade midfielder with the exact attributes we need joining us when we are in our premiership window is worth a late first rounder and our third string ruckman?

For the same reason that a 26 yo A grade midfielder helps us with our current list, their list profile is probably better served continuing to get high end picks that can all come through together. But there again - Dodoro.

Merrett not worth two late first rounders? If anything that is under valuing him. He's a gun.

Correct. Essendon will not let him go without a fight. I'm just thinking of scenarios that could potentially work in a trade situation. Ladhams is about the only player that we'd trade that has significant currency. People get confused between FA and RFA. Merrett is RFA. Essendon can and will match.

Correct. Essendon will not let him go without a fight. I'm just thinking of scenarios that could potentially work in a trade situation. Ladhams is about the only player that we'd trade that has significant currency. People get confused between FA and RFA. Merrett is RFA. Essendon can and will match.

Im almost certain they will match - however as someone mentioned earlier, we wont make an offer unless we are committed to bringing him here either via FA or trade. You don't have a bloke commit to your club just to leave him holding his dick when it all gets too hard.

Other thing to consider is their respective ages.
Ladhams at 23 will mature at a time when the Bombers should theoretically be back in contention.
Merrett at 26 is ripe right now, while we are serious contenders.

It could turn out to be advantageous for both clubs.

Essendon have Draper. They don't need a Ruckman. Ladhams wouldnt be involved. My feeling is that if Essendon indicated they would match then we would move on as the price they would ask for would exceed what we would want to give up.

We don't have draft capital. They would request our best players.

The way Ladhams is tracking right now he won't be worth much by the end of the year. If we somehow got Merrett for pick 18 and Ladhams that would be a massive steal for us.

I didn't think it was going to happen but it is starting to smell a bit like the Lobbe situation with Ladhams, he needs to pull his finger out. The biggest disappointment of the year so far. I thought he looked alright in the pre season too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have Draper. They don't need a Ruckman. Ladhams wouldnt be involved. My feeling is that if Essendon indicated they would match then we would move on as the price they would ask for would exceed what we would want to give up.

We don't have draft capital. They would request our best players.

Draper has played 10 games. I'd hardly be stamping him as a 10 year ruckman yet.

Question, regarding the rule that you have to use a 1st round draft pick in the draft at least once every two years... does that count if we only got into the first round via the Academy points pick of Lachie Jones in 2020? We didn't use a "true" first round pick. So does that mean our first rounder in 2021 is untradeable?

Draper has played 10 games. I'd hardly be stamping him as a 10 year ruckman yet.

Devils advocate because I'm all for trading Ladhams if it comes to that, but people here are treating Hayes as a sure thing already.

Essendon wouldn't want Ladhams because aside from Draper, they also have Peter Wright who's effectively a Ladhams clone with more runs on the board. Cannot see who we'd be willing to part ways with to get Merrett here if Essendon match.

Also just saying but I'd rather keep Ladhams. He's still a baby at top level with the amount of games in him and this is his first down period. People writing him off already is just stupid when this is a player who's shown he can get midfield numbers playing in the ruck in AFL footy.

There is no way that Essendon match if the alternative to free agency compensation is Peter Ladhams and pick 18.

They'd take the top 10 pick compensation.

There was some mention on BF a few days ago that Tredders had stated that one of our players has got his papers stamped by the club, could this player be Ladhams due to his indescretions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back