Current Four police officers killed after pulling over a Porsche 911 on Melbourne freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

Breaking news.

Interesting that the sentence coincides with the length of time he has been in remand. It may be a concession that his detainment for the charges has been excessive relative to the crimes.

Interesting that the sentence coincides with the length of time he has been in remand. It may be a concession that his detainment for the charges has been excessive relative to the crimes.

He probably should have been sent to a maximum security psychiatric facility on an indefinite order imo but as OverThePost has suggested, it isn't over yet.

So you commented on an article that referenced a Corrections Report that stated the exact opposite to what you were suggesting to prove your point?

That makes sense...
I wasn’t really referencing anything tbh just posting and must have accidentally quoted it.

What was the crime Pusey was charged with? Failure to render assistance?

While I normally argue for tougher sentencing and his behaviour was lacking in humanity, it seems he is being punished at least in part for an innate personality defect. He is obviously sociopathic.

Last edited:
What was the crime Pusey was charged with? Failure to render assistance?

While I normally argue for tougher sentencing and his behaviour was lacking in humanity, it seems he is being punished at least in part for an innate personality defect. He is obviously sociopathic.
People as clearly as s**t as him shouldn't be in society. 10 months is insane and people saying 'anger should be at the driver' is irrelevant. One person doing something wrong doesn't mean this Pusey prick is not a campaigner. Hopefully he gets what's deserved but we have piss weak court systems and lawyers who get off on winning cases rather than ensuring justice

People as clearly as sh*t as him shouldn't be in society. 10 months is insane and people saying 'anger should be at the driver' is irrelevant. One person doing something wrong doesn't mean this Pusey prick is not a campaigner. Hopefully he gets what's deserved but we have piss weak court systems and lawyers who get off on winning cases rather than ensuring justice

Yes he's a campaigner of a human being. The media have performed a social service in letting everybody know. But sociopaths are wired differently; the world revolves around them, quite literally. Helping others simply does not occur to them, unless for some ulterior motive.

Not sure an inbuilt absence of compassion is punishable on its own. Hence I believe the charge was "outraging public decency".

It is (or bloody well should be) when it's a situation like this and you've done nothing to help. Not someone who should be in a functioning society and he won't be missed if/when someone gets to him
These people sadly had injuries beyond help. The sentencing notes suggest at least 3 of 4 were dead by the time Dick started recording. The 4th joined them soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is (or bloody well should be) when it's a situation like this and you've done nothing to help. Not someone who should be in a functioning society and he won't be missed if/when someone gets to him

Yep it's logical that he would've been charged with failing to render assistance at an accident. Calling for help and comforting the injured would be instinctive for any normal person. But that wasn't the charge.

Not disputing that he's a person to steer clear of, and yeah the public outrage is kinda understandable. Just observing that his actual crime is at the lesser end of the spectrum.

Neither here nor there but would his insurance have paid out on the damage to the Porsche?
I have thought about that too.....as he was charged with and convicted of driving under the influence of drugs I would say that the insurance would be cancelled out. I hope so. I hope his other porche claps out on him.

Last edited:
Like a lot of others, having read the comments on the ABC FB page I think it is a disapointing sentence. I presume he got a hefty discount for pleading guilty. I would also have liked to have seen his licence suspension be longer and not back dated as well as court mandated mental health treatment....though with psychpaths they do not/can not change. I am feeling for the families of the deceased and their disappointment and greif. As far as RP goes, pretty certain that it will all come back to bite him and he deserves the animosity and aprobation of society.

Sounds like the charge related to public decency may not have stuck in a trial. That charge was essentially 3 months.

I didn't realise he claimed to be doing 300km/h!

The guy is a nut but don't think further sentencing is warranted.

Some interesting paragraphs were 35, 42 and 45. This case makes him look like an angel in comparison:

"The only example of the offence that was able to be found that is not an indecent exposure case and has some relevance to the facts in this instance, is the English decision of The Queen v Anderson8. In Anderson the appellant came upon a woman helpless and dying on the street. He was unable to rouse her and believed that she was drunk. He then proceeded to throw water over her and urinated on her body as his friend filmed the event. He also sprayed a can of shaving cream over her and covered her with a pack of flooring. He then took a photo of her. The conduct occurred over a 30 minute period. "

10 months

COUGHcarlwilliamsCOUGH

10 months was way too long

the cops made the mistake of not creating a safe environment and the result of that was death. Sure Pusey is a horrible person but he was persecuted by the public, impacting the courts, police and the corrections officers.

The real criminal got 22 years, the negligent got a death sentence and Pusey unfairly punished.

Neither here nor there but would his insurance have paid out on the damage to the Porsche?

yes

you can drink and or drug drive and insurance pays out. The insurance companies have to prove "your" drink or drug driving was the cause of the accident (not speed, driver error etc).

in this case the truck driver's insurance (or the trucking company's) would have been tapped.

the cops made the mistake of not creating a safe environment and the result of that was death. Sure Pusey is a horrible person but he was persecuted by the public, impacting the courts, police and the corrections officers.

The real criminal got 22 years, the negligent got a death sentence and Pusey unfairly punished.
He received 8 (of 10) months for his reckless driving. He was detected at 149km/h and claimed to be doing 300km/h (with detected levels of alcohol and other drugs). He was just under 0.05.

Nah

If he's not a selfish campaigner, he doesn't get pulled over.

He received 8 (of 10) months for his reckless driving. He was detected at 149km/h and claimed to be doing 300km/h (with detected levels of alcohol and other drugs). He was just under 0.05.

In that case, I change my mind

10 months is not enough, given his previous driving record.

Thank you.

Nah

If he's not a selfish campaigner, he doesn't get pulled over.

The police are responsible for pulling him over (by that I mean when they choose to pull over the vehicle). The police are also responsible once they him over to create a safe environment. This is no different to the state being responsible for prisoner's welfare......campaigner or not.

In this case they should have pulled him over and then instructed Pusey to stand behind the traffic rail on the grass. This safe area was available just three steps to the left. This is what responsible and reaonable person should do. Instead they chose to place their lives, the life of Pusey and the lives of road users at risk.

FTR This relates to a major legislative change here in WA and WA is years behind the rest of the country. Directors must ensure there are safety procedures in place, the safety procedures capture the key risks as measured by a matrix (probability and severity of outcome). In this case the risk matrix would have identified the risk was a car accident, probability low but the severity of outcome death.

Thus a policy of moving to a safe place being required under law.

the policies must be not only in place but adhered to AND monitored, or the directors face criminal negligence.

so commissioner should put his hand up and cop it rather than blame a druggie truck driver or a druggie porsche driver. After all it is the courts that will take care of the druggies.

Last edited:
The police are responsible for pulling him over (by that I mean when they choose to pull over the vehicle). The police are also responsible once they him over to create a safe environment. This is no different to the state being responsible for prisoner's welfare......campaigner or not.

In this case they should have pulled him over and then instructed Pusey to stand behind the traffic rail on the grass. This safe area was available just three steps to the left. This is what responsible and reaonable person should do. Instead they chose to place their lives, the life of Pusey and the lives of road users at risk.

FTR This relates to a major legislative change here in WA and WA is years behind the rest of the country. Directors must ensure there are safety procedures in place, the safety procedures capture the key risks as measured by a matrix (probability and severity of outcome). In this case the risk matrix would have identified the risk was a car accident, probability low but the severity of outcome death.

Thus a policy of moving to a safe place being required under law.

the policies must be not only in place but adhered to AND monitored, or the directors face criminal negligence.

so commissioner should put his hand up and cop it rather than blame a druggie truck driver or a druggie porsche driver. After all it is the courts that will take care of the druggies.
...................so yeah as i said before

* that guy for getting pulled over

You don't " win " this won old mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back