Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Kenyan

All Australian
Jul 5, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watched recent highlights of this kid. wow - he has great skills particularly on the left foot and just looks a natural footballer. Great pick up by the recruiters.

Aug 11, 2013
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona
That highlights package has got me even more excited . He is going to be a weapon. His mobility and reach looks elite, his kicking is outstanding for a big man, just like Buddy’s field kicking. Easily fits in the forward line now and it is not too big as all are mobile.
FF Breust, Lewis, Kozi
HFF Wingard, Jeka, Gunston,
That is one impressive forward line.
Where do we fit Brockman?:D

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
It should not be that hard a decision given where we are at, but it is!

O'brien is quick enough to play as a flanker. His pressure is actually pretty good too. But with him going back on the weekend it opens the door to playing an extra tall forward either way.

Damn Jeka's highlight reel looks imposing.

Hard to make a true judgment given the AFL quality backs can shut anyone down with help.

He does look to do a lot of things super well though, and those hands are sticky.

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Good problem to have, Brockman could take that spot of Wingard, and Wingard goes midfield. Brockman I think will turn into a midfielder down the track, explosive speed and great skills, made for the midfield.

Fantastic that we can afford to do this. Our midfield lacks class and Chad oozes that. He's getting a bit frustrated playing forward too so I think it's a win all 'round.

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t tell Kane Cornes as we have no youth
What i love most about Cornes' assessment of our list is he chooses arbitrary measures like age or draft pick used - never assesses the actual talent.

His head will explode when someone points out:
Sicily, Hardwick, Kosi, Lewis and CJ were all taken with very late picks.
He always ignores Scrimshaw because he wasn't drafted.

Most clubs would be delighted to have those talents from top 15 picks.
After the top 5 or so in most drafts, you just hope for a good player who will have a long career.
We've got more than that in those 5 - and Jeka could become the best of the lot.

One says he wont get a gig this week.
Another says he will.

If he doesnt i imagine its just because we are tall enough up front already.

But he absolutely deserves a debut.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Plus the skills on both sides, and beginning of a strut! We can only hope. But also temper expectations - Thorpe was not so different at the same stage.

Yeah Thorp had all the tools, all the baggage that came with Thorp really stopped him from having a good AFL career sadly.

Jeka when you watch the highlights really doesn't look like a 19 year old Rookie pick, he does look like a kid that went 1st round in the draft.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
O'brien is quick enough to play as a flanker. His pressure is actually pretty good too. But with him going back on the weekend it opens the door to playing an extra tall forward either way.

Damn Jeka's highlight reel looks imposing.

Hard to make a true judgment given the AFL quality backs can shut anyone down with help.

He does look to do a lot of things super well though, and those hands are sticky.

Like Jeka who we got in the Rookie draft compared to national draft, North got Carey for a package of chips in the Longmire deal.

Anyway Carey looked like from memory he had a great leap I remember him taking marks over the pack on his chest once he hurt his shoulders.

“The definition of insanity is playing some players over and over again, but expecting different results and performances.”

Back