Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugo is obviously the best GK we've had in my time. But the list he is beating is lead by Paul Robinson and bloody Gomes! Still doesn't take away from the fact he'd have spent a few months in jail if he wasn't a footballer and was lucky to kill/injure anyone

I thought Kane played well given he’s being expected to both create and score. Had to drop far too deep but played a couple of beautiful balls into dangerous positions and generally held the ball up ok.

Lloris was great.
I agree too much is asked of him. Asked to be a no.9 and no.10 and because none of our no.8’s or no.6’s in midfield can carry the ball as the clip showed earlier with their lack of forward moving courage (Ndombele excepted) has has to move so far deep to collect the ball.

So imv we need a progressive no.8 besides Hojbjerg/Skipp next season, preferably Ndombele but I’d like another one in the squad and we need a genuine no.10. Let him do what he does in the box and others get him the ball.

Lloris has let us down even more than that in big games. He regularly lets us down in big games.
i could not disagree with you more. One of the most harshly treated players in our squad by fans, and funnily enough along with Bale he’s actually won something. Given us nearly 10 years of loyal service, and as the analysis put in here a couple weeks back show he’s arguably the best in the league this season. His saves relative to xG are better than the rest.

I agree too much is asked of him. Asked to be a no.9 and no.10 and because none of our no.8’s or no.6’s in midfield can carry the ball as the clip showed earlier with their lack of forward moving courage (Ndombele excepted) has has to move so far deep to collect the ball.

So imv we need a progressive no.8 besides Hojbjerg/Skipp next season, preferably Ndombele but I’d like another one in the squad and we need a genuine no.10. Let him do what he does in the box and others get him the ball.

i could not disagree with you more. One of the most harshly treated players in our squad by fans, and funnily enough along with Bale he’s actually won something. Given us nearly 10 years of loyal service, and as the analysis put in here a couple weeks back show he’s arguably the best in the league this season. His saves relative to xG are better than the rest.
The thing with Hugo in big games is they're either very good or very bad. Just be normal at worst Hugo. Just play between the 7 and 8 out of 10 in big games. But what we get is the gaffes and 2 out of 10s which directly cost us points. And then the heroic 10 out of 10s that win us points. Just don't * s**t up massively when we don't deserve to cop goals (Anfield) and let us get the results we deserve. He is a very good keeper but not world class anymore. Top 10 in the world but no longer top 5. His form definitely has picked right up the 2nd half of the season after that very poor dip where I thought he might be finished.

easy part is the fire sale
Gaz, Foyth, Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Lamela, Bergy, Winks.
If offers came in for Dele, GLC, Lucas, Ndombele and even Toby, i'd listen.

hard part is then replacing those players.

2x RB
3 x CB (one young developer)
2x CM

Lloris
RB CB CB Reg
PEH + CM
Bale Dele Son
Kane
Ndombele GLC Hart Toby Davies CM + RB on bench.

Get Sess & Skipp back out on loan for another season into PL sides.

6 additions to the game day side is a big ask with where we're at.
oh, and we should perhaps, you know, find Kane some relief.
That list has 4 home grown players listed as outs or up for sale with right offers. Skipp and Sess only make 2 ins and buying 1 home grown costs a fortune with the English player tax. Two would be very expensive... or cheap and crap.

That list has 4 home grown players listed as outs or up for sale with right offers. Skipp and Sess only make 2 ins and buying 1 home grown costs a fortune with the English player tax. Two would be very expensive... or cheap and crap.
HG implies we will be in Europe next season.

Wouldnt be the worst if we didn't.

Give the new boss more time to implement ideas on the training ground.

And then get us back in there with guys like Devine, White, Parrots, Scarlett etc. to fill a HG spot or two.

Signing guys like Jack Clarke is also a good idea but not in isolation and needs much better rigour with the scouting. A Leeds mate of mine wasn't convinced he'd be ready to step up or do well outside of Bielsa's system. But as many other clubs have proven English players can be signed for under 25m and become international quality

Lloris has let us down even more than that in big games. He regularly lets us down in big games.
A perfect article for this given it also highlights the same moments you are trying to but also makes the assertion this distorts people’s viewpoints. Imv this and your inability to separate an off field incident (given you have mentioned it again in this conversation) is two elements showing you have a bias.

Feb 2020: article showing that stats back him up as underrated.

April 2021: article showing that stats back him up as underrated.

P.S. Remember you are keen on Potter because of xG. So clearly a stat you give stock to.

but as one prominent spurs fan account has eluded to today the elephant in room is quickly becoming Kane in big games. He scores in a lot of London derbies.

HG implies we will be in Europe next season.

Wouldnt be the worst if we didn't.

Give the new boss more time to implement ideas on the training ground.

And then get us back in there with guys like Devine, White, Parrots, Scarlett etc. to fill a HG spot or two.

Signing guys like Jack Clarke is also a good idea but not in isolation and needs much better rigour with the scouting. A Leeds mate of mine wasn't convinced he'd be ready to step up or do well outside of Bielsa's system. But as many other clubs have proven English players can be signed for under 25m and become international quality
Home grown applies to your PL list too lol and funnily enough your comment being related to Europe is less of a strain as Dier is on that sell list and no UEFA HG and if Europe was the only consideration we could sell Davies too as he is also not UEFA HG.

Home grown applies to your PL list too lol and funnily enough your comment being related to Europe is less of a strain as Dier is on that sell list and no UEFA HG and if Europe was the only consideration we could sell Davies too as he is also not UEFA HG.
Our HG issues are always worse in Europe which is why rodon and in the past lamela and foyth are sacrificed

A perfect article for this given it also highlights the same moments you are trying to but also makes the assertion this distorts people’s viewpoints. Imv this and your inability to separate an off field incident (given you have mentioned it again in this conversation) is two elements showing you have a bias.

P.S. Remember you are keen on Potter because of xG. So clearly a stat you give stock to.

but as one prominent spurs fan account has eluded to today the elephant in room is quickly becoming Kane in big games. He scores in a lot of London derbies.

Another stat is that errors leading to goals in between 2016-2020 he was equal top with t-rex arm pickford.

Hugo is a very good keeper who is prone to a huge blunder which xG doesn't pick up because he has no chance to make a save post * up and the xG on the * up ends up being north of 0.95.

Again very good keeper who has a brain fade big game * up in him. This is probably one of his best seasons for us to be fair. But he's still not world class like Kane. Am I harsher on him compared to Kane because I dont like the guy at all? Yes of course.

As for Kane whats his record like against Liverpool, City and United like out of curiosity?

Does well in London derbies which are big games.

20 goals in 24 CL appearances which are big games.

If we are judging him on two cup finals where he played underdone we should be judging our club as a whole for being such a one man club that these decisions were necessary. God love Lucas for tha hatty but he wasn't troubling VVD either that night. Whereas Kane had scored against him at anfield a couple of times from memory. Same goes against city the other day. With winks, PEH and Gio offering no way through the press we could have had peak R9 out there and not looked likely to score.

Hmm. who's the 4th?
Doherty & Winks.
I'd hold Dele. i think he's quality. Esp when pairing up behind Kane in a 4231.

A young english mid and CB (don't need to be the next Sancho/Bellingham)
I'd take a look at Aarons as our 2nd RB.
Armstrong out of Blackburn as a potential Kane backup
And Johnstone as GK backup/Gaz replacement

not sure either of the 3 would cost a ton. Though Aarons and Armstrong have had good seasons.

2 finals we've rushed him in and he's looked off the pace
What do you do though. Elite striker, says he's good to go....i'd have played him off the bench in both games, but i cede the point you don't start a player like Kane on the bench in a final.

Im hoping Lloris stays.
World class keeper, he knows the club/system.
Put some protection in front of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knew he wouldn't leave Leipzig for us
not a hard decision

Bayern
Leipzig
Spurs

Stay put, and you have a good squad playing CL & quality enough to take it up to Bayern
Move to Bayern, you have an elite squad, money and can legit chase a CL cup
Move to Spurs....then what. So much ambiguity with where we're at.

6 players have 10+ goals in the last 4 seasons. We have two of them and ludicrously there are suggestions we should consider selling them. Go figure.
Yet what have we achieved?
Where we should consider spending our money up front or out wide....

- Leon Bailey
- Donyell Malen
- Saint-Maximin
- Gerard Moreno
- Matheus Cuna
- Jonathan Bamba
- Lucas Paqueta
- Timothy Weah
- Martin Terrier
- Domenico Berardi

Go out and sign 2 of that list with the Son, Lamela, Bergwijn money plus one even younger prospect. Guaranteed 2 of the 3 signings would more than cover what goes out the door
Big yes on Bailey

Berardi is arguably Sassuolos most loyal player now, can't see him leaving Italy now. Probably only leaves Sassuolo for Inter/Juve etc if Sassuolo regress.

The rest, who? Sounds like FIFA/FM.

Last edited:
Yet what have we achieved?
2nd last reply league cup thread. Even oppo fans can see the ludicrousness of the suggestion.

Ive seen some Spurs supporters suggest now is the time to cash in on Kane and Son. I think that’s absolutely insane. You don’t rebuild a squad by selling your easily 2 best players in their prime. Kane is one of the best players of his generation, no amount of money can replace that. Whoever they bring in as manager must do everything to keep him.

Like... Try and refute that.

Him = Kane

Them = Kane & Son

Kane is irreplaceable. Son is not.
plenty we can sell before Son
Bergy & Lo Celso come to mind. Maybe Sess if Hoff want to keep him.

We should be taking the Kane + Son + Bale + Dele forward 4 into next season
Too many other areas need focus to start robbing our XI of good starters.

plenty we can sell before Son
Bergy & Lo Celso come to mind. Maybe Sess if Hoff want to keep him.

We should be taking the Kane + Son + Bale + Dele forward 4 into next season
Too many other areas need focus to start robbing our XI of good starters.
All comes down to price. We'd be likely to get less for GLC and Bergwijn than just Son. Considering we'll largely have to fund our purchasing by selling players it would make more sense to sell 1 high priced asset + 1 low-medium than just 3 low-medium ones.

It would all hinge on a massive club wanting to spend nearly 100m on a player in a distressed market which looks unlikely. But if bids came in for Lamela, Gio and Berg around the 15-20m range each and one for Son came around 90-100m, we'd better off pocketing 115-120m selling 2 and one being Son than 45-55m selling the 3 shitter players.

All comes down to price. We'd be likely to get less for GLC and Bergwijn than just Son. Considering we'll largely have to fund our purchasing by selling players it would make more sense to sell 1 high priced asset + 1 low-medium than just 3 low-medium ones.

It would all hinge on a massive club wanting to spend nearly 100m on a player in a distressed market which looks unlikely. But if bids came in for Lamela, Gio and Berg around the 15-20m range each and one for Son came around 90-100m, we'd better off pocketing 115-120m selling 2 and one being Son than 45-55m selling the 3 shitter players.
Im on the other side of that fence.
Son + 50m > Gio + Lamela + Berg + 90m

Once we're down the path of selling Son, may as well do Kane & Lloris too. Selling a lot of heart there. Those 3 are the face of our squad as a collective.

Whatever we do, may want to get a move on
Upa (34m) & Konate (30m) both off the market.
Would have been a tidy pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back