Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood

I have been on this kid since I first saw his draft highlights, but do question if it is too early. Not that I think an early debut will hurt him in the long run, just that he may not live up to the lofty expectations of some.

Hopefully he is used better than Rantall was last week. It was ridiculous that Buckley highlighted Rantall’s two way running as a reason for getting a debut then not using him in a role that utilises this attribute.

We can only hope Poulter is used better.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Awesome decision Pies - had my doubts that we would be brave but with some very winnable games coming up its a good time to get a look at a few of the new boys. Hope they keep all of Rantall, Kelly, McCrae etc in for a block of games
Once the post season clear out happened and the decision was made to go with the kids the die was set.

Going back into the shell was never a viable option.

Remember the angst about his supposed reaction to being drafted?
Seems it's just his character.
Hopefully the beginning of something special and justification for all the pick swaps.

Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
All of those elite marathon runners are frightening. It looks like they are cruising but if you tried to run next to them for even a short while it would be almost a sprint!
Elite runners in general. Craig Mottram ran the tan in 10 min 8 secs... and has done 2km in 4 min 50 secs. Compare that to AFL players... ridiculous

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Remember the angst about his supposed reaction to being drafted?
Seems it's just his character.
Hopefully the beginning of something special and justification for all the pick swaps.

He may be a grumpy old bastard in a young mans body lol.

If you see his Instagram stream, plus his headshots, his face is much the same.

Seems to be his demeanour/the way he carries/conducts himself.

I have been on this kid since I first saw his draft highlights, but do question if it is too early. Not that I think an early debut will hurt him in the long run, just that he may not live up to the lofty expectations of some.

Hopefully he is used better than Rantall was last week. It was ridiculous that Buckley highlighted Rantall’s two way running as a reason for getting a debut then not using him in a role that utilises this attribute.

We can only hope Poulter is used better.

Using it very well at VFL Level.

Rantall was never said to be a Great Kick as he is not

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you see his Instagram stream, plus his headshots, his face is much the same.

Seems to be his demeanour/the way he carries/conducts himself.

He is a different cat, breaks up the make up of some of our introverted types, but the lad can seriously play, well done Pies, get em in and keep them in for a block of games

Last edited:
To have had four debuts from six, with Reef having had surgery and McMahon a project tall, is a pretty promising indicator.

Certainly a better start than the nightmares of Danny Stanley and Ryan Cook.

To have had four debuts from six, with Reef having had surgery and McMahon a project tall, is a pretty promising indicator.

from 8 if you include the rookies.

If this the most debutants we have had in one season?

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

Don't forget there's still Ginnivan and Chugg in the wings.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Using it very well at VFL Level.

Rantall was never said to be a Great Kick as he is not

I feel we used him strangely.

He was picked off the back of a couple of massive performances playing as an inside mid and we didn't use him there, opting to play Josh Thomas there instead. Should have given him a proper go in the guts.

Last edited:
Don't forget there's still Ginnivan and Chugg in the wings.
True that but I am thinking more of our hit rate on the higher picks, seeing as they cost us so much in terms of losing Stephenson, Treloar and our 2021 first. Great that we have those rookies to look forward to too, no doubt.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
True that but I am thinking more of our hit rate on the higher picks, seeing as they cost us so much in terms of losing Stephenson, Treloar and our 2021 first. Great that we have those rookies to look forward to too, no doubt.

That's fair enough.

Given his frame I wasn’t expecting a debut in the first half of the season. Clean hands even under pressure at VFL will hopefully see him settle quickly.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Don`t forget McMahon , will be a beauty that one, probably not this year , another pre season in the gym , and I will deliver him some of Nonna`s homemade pasta, Cannelloni, Lasagna, the works, Protein and carbs all the way

What about Bianco's nonna too?

Don`t forget McMahon , will be a beauty that one, probably not this year , another pre season in the gym , and I will deliver him some of Nonna`s homemade pasta, Cannelloni, Lasagna, the works, Protein and carbs all the way
Does beer count as a carb?

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

Clearances for the people!

Back