Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Rings true based on Buckley’s pragmatic demeanour and quotes of late. But as soon as Buckley is reconciled to not being there next year if it comes to that, he needs to resign. His heart won’t be in it and hanging around, no matter how altruistic the intentions, would be no good for anyone.

Depends, are you better to run a caretaker coach that the players know is pretty unlikely to be head coach in 2022? Collingwood are too big an organisation to run with the caretaker appointment the way North and Carlton did.

Ty Zantuck is now suing the Tigers for a million. Had a couple of dozen epidurals over 9 months. Mate whose an AFL trainer has told me before, that every game there are 2 full sharps disposal bins by the end. This could open the floodgates for some serious legal issues going forward.

Ty Zantuck is now suing the Tigers for a million. Had a couple of dozen epidurals Zantuck is now suing the Tigers for a million. Had a couple of dozen epidurals over 9 months. Mate whose an AFL trainer has told me before, that every game there are 2 full sharps disposal bins by the end. This could be a can of worms.

he kept playing well after his time at Richmond...even played metro and country footy...surely if it was as bad as claimed he couldn’t have done this?

Ty Zantuck is now suing the Tigers for a million. Had a couple of dozen epidurals over 9 months. Mate whose an AFL trainer has told me before, that every game there are 2 full sharps disposal bins by the end. This could open the floodgates for some serious legal issues going forward.

I see your mate also read the ABC article a week ago.

Creates an interesting question-at what point did these injuries happen and how much of it can be blamed on playing AFL as opposed to lower leagues?
And does the AFL control all football and if so does that obligation extend to ammos etc

he kept playing well after his time at Richmond...even played metro and country footy...surely if it was as bad as claimed he couldn’t have done this?
There was one guy - can’t remember who but I think he was Richmond too... 80s 90s player - who couldn’t sit in the team bus when going to Geelong coz his back was that ****ed, so they’d throw a mattress in the back of a station wagon for him to lie on.
There is probably 3 or 4 players on each list that play hurt each week. I dunno about the suing bit as nobody forced them to do it, but I certainly don’t begrudge then their pay packets considering what they risk

There was one guy - can’t remember who but I think he was Richmond too... 80s 90s player - who couldn’t sit in the team bus when going to Geelong coz his back was that f’ed, so they’d throw a mattress in the back of a station wagon for him to lie on.
It was Brendan Gale. No s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s one thing AFL players don’t get enough credit for, for mine. Playing through pain and still being able to perform at a really high level. Especially as the season goes on.

From reports at WC gaff is constantly sore and walks like an old man all week. Come game day, he’s off running 15-16km a match.

Me, I feel a twinge in the back and that’s me done.

Cheers. I seem to remember Garry Lyon having similar problems
according to his old man, Garry’s back issues were brought about by him overdoing weights when he was still growing.

It’s one thing AFL players don’t get enough credit for, for mine. Playing through pain and still being able to perform at a really high level.
index.jpg

Nonsense lad, they wouldn't what it is to play with pain.

Remember a game when me head came completely off, picked it up, put it back on and won BOG.

Sure had to have an op later, but that were only because I put on head wrong way round.

Kids these days.

There was one guy - can’t remember who but I think he was Richmond too... 80s 90s player - who couldn’t sit in the team bus when going to Geelong coz his back was that f’ed, so they’d throw a mattress in the back of a station wagon for him to lie on.
There is probably 3 or 4 players on each list that play hurt each week. I dunno about the suing bit as nobody forced them to do it, but I certainly don’t begrudge then their pay packets considering what they risk
Reading up on the Zantuck piece it’s pretty messed up that they just have him epidurals to deal with the pain and then told him to keep playing. Anyone would know that’s going to create ongoing, and with regular mismanagement, permanent issues.

do we know that is what happened though?
No, no idea, that's what the case will establish. I'm just saying if it is true, Richmond (and likely all the AFL teams) have a fair bit to answer for. It's a bit more nuanced than " There is probably 3 or 4 players on each list that play hurt each week. I dunno about the suing bit as nobody forced them to do it"

Ty Zantuck was the guy who Richmond officials told other players not to live with because of his rife drug use, thats why Richmond flicked him

There seems to be a few of these type of cases popping up for the AFL, and a few seem to be lodged by absolute dickhead blokes

It’s one thing AFL players don’t get enough credit for, for mine. Playing through pain and still being able to perform at a really high level. Especially as the season goes on.

From reports at WC gaff is constantly sore and walks like an old man all week. Come game day, he’s off running 15-16km a match.

Me, I feel a twinge in the back and that’s me done.
Didn't Nick Reiwoldt stop training about 4 years before he retired and still managed to play every week and run blokes off their feet?

Even still, it's their choice to play and they know footy will cause injury. You don't get to turn around and sue later on because your knee's sore, like no s**t. You're telling me a removalist or tiler will have a bad back later in life? Colour me shocked

I think it was David Honeybun.
👍 Maybe it was Benny Gale’s story and/or car then. Dave Honeybun was a classic bloke - if ever the footy public was deprived of a genuine media superstar who never happened, it was Dave. His post-match interviews, although few and far between, we’re always hilarious. Shame no footy media outlet grabbed him.

Didn't Nick Reiwoldt stop training about 4 years before he retired and still managed to play every week and run blokes off their feet?

Even still, it's their choice to play and they know footy will cause injury. You don't get to turn around and sue later on because your knee's sore, like no sh*t. You're telling me a removalist or tiler will have a bad back later in life? Colour me shocked
Yep it's their choice to play. However, doctors have a duty of care and people are supposed to rely on their advice. If a Dr tells you an injury won't get worse by playing you should be able to rely on that advice.

In Zantuck's case the Dr may have told him he won't feel pain by playing with the injection but playing won't do the injury any good and it could get worse. That's what I'd be telling the court if I was the doc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back