Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember the angst about his supposed reaction to being drafted?
Seems it's just his character.
Hopefully the beginning of something special and justification for all the pick swaps.
reckon he was a bit pissed to have to leave the state, and his gf... but living with Crisp has been the perfect fit for him. He even plays a bit like him...

Last edited:
Elite runners in general. Craig Mottram ran the tan in 10 min 8 secs... and has done 2km in 4 min 50 secs. Compare that to AFL players... ridiculous
That's with a lifetime of training and with very lean muscle mass, Craig was quiet tall for middle distance runner though.

We weren’t winning without kids so makes no diff! Bring them on!

That's funny, 11 players under 50 games, 6 of them under 10 games last weekend. We're the very definition of a team that is playing the kids.

Last edited:
I have been on this kid since I first saw his draft highlights, but do question if it is too early. Not that I think an early debut will hurt him in the long run, just that he may not live up to the lofty expectations of some.

Hopefully he is used better than Rantall was last week. It was ridiculous that Buckley highlighted Rantall’s two way running as a reason for getting a debut then not using him in a role that utilises this attribute.

We can only hope Poulter is used better.

Not sure why people assume because he wasn't playing in the guts that we didn't get some advantage from his 2-way running. He got over 1/2 his possessions in the defensive half, only 1 in F50, and was definitely working around the centre circle, he was definitely covering the ground. What we didn't get to see was whether he's the answer to our clearance woes. Hopefully we get to see more of that this week.

1619619451782.png

Last edited:
from 8 if you include the rookies.

If this the most debutants we have had in one season?

Had 5 last year. Kelly, Keane, Ruscoe, Tyler Brown, and Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news that Poulter has been picked to play and he should be given time to settle in, the results do not matter so much now as long as the kids are getting games and we are rotating them that,s all I ask. It would be nice to hear the song again for all of us.

from 8 if you include the rookies.

If this the most debutants we have had in one season?

Don’t know if this is our record but I always remember 2007 as having lots of debutants: T Goldsack, A Toovey, M Clarke, B Dick, D Nicholls, D Stanley, R Cook, S Cox.

Dave, that looks like a pretty united group to me. Do you agree?

Yeah pretty united.. I've noticed at every other club in the league.. when they get together as a group to announce there will be a deb on the weekend.. they all respond with a sense of melancholy..

I haven't seen any VFL but does this kid have similarities to Fyfe in his early days? I'm not saying at all he will be as good but they seem to have similar builds

More in the Embley type of player

Very happy for him and for us supporters. I've really liked what I have seen so far and whilst he may not quite be ready, our shallow list and injury count means we need to roll the dice and we have. He will gain invaluable experience and I have a feeling he will not be over-awed. Hope he goes well and feel confident we have a fantastic player for the future in Poulter.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back