Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
:100:
People get annoyed when Lever/May spoil each other but I'd take that every day of the week over neither of them going and the oppo getting easy uncontested marks
I feel that is happening less and less - I think their chemistry is really starting to build in 2021

I actually think one area the game needs to improve is full time goal kicking coaches. When you get an 18 year old key forward he should be working with a goal kick coach for 5 years.

It's crazy that someone like Matthew Lloyd doesn't get phone calls from clubs to be working full time. Probably the best kick of a footy at goal since Lockett

Mark Williams probably right up there too as one of the best since Lockett and Dunstall.

Strange how the people who keep the same routine kick the best at goal.

Unconventional but Fev was a beautiful shot at goal aswell.

Yea he was about as good of a set shot from 50+ as there ever has been.

Dunstall my all time #1 though. He was amazing, he could fade and draw the ball with a drop punt from deep in pockets dependant on which way he needed it to swing. Never kicked a banana.

This has been the dumbest ongoing controversy in football for a while but that is a hilariously over the top consequence for the indiscretion wearing the wrong jumper.

This has been the dumbest ongoing controversy in football for a while but that is a hilariously over the top consequence for the indiscretion wearing the wrong jumper.

Piss poor from the AFL tbh

Yet when Collingwood refused to have a clash jumper the AFL did * all

Wowee that's a dumb call by the league. The bars is an important part of Port's history, and for 2 games a year v Adelaide I think it'd be great for them to wear it.
Crock of s**t that they'll dock points for that.

I just watched this segment and found some of what Eddie said fascinating.

Now, I might be reading too much into it but there seems to be an implication here that McGuire at least knew heritage round was going to be scrapped and Port Adelaide may not have been aware of that fact. Eddie kind of backtracks and says that everyone knew about it but it seems to be presented as an opinion without any evidence produced within his argument.

If that is the case then this agreement was signed under false pretences. I wonder if Port Adelaide could challenge it in court.

Sliding doors thought though. If Norwood got an AFL licence instead of Port I wonder how we would have handled it.

MFC technically had the Redlegs nickname first but it was never official. Would be weird seeing another crowd with the identical colours to us.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sliding doors thought though. If Norwood got an AFL licence instead of Port I wonder how we would have handled it.

MFC technically had the Redlegs nickname first but it was never official. Would be weird seeing another crowd with the identical colours to us.
I bet we would not have carried on like entitled w***ers as Eddy has. Seems like a nice " Lets kick Collingwood in the gonads moment from Koch" and a nice diversion for the Pies given their start to the season.
I see no reason why Port can't wear what they like at home against the Crows anyway . Having said that Koch is acting like a dick as well. Looks like his China experiment is well and truly ****ed .

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
The best PR move is to do it anyway. The AFL fans backlash will force AFL to back down as its such a stupidly aggressive move.

Will damage the AFL no end, and it will be their own stupid fault

Natanui is the most overrated player of all time
You just realised this now? I’ve been saying this since we drafted Watts ahead of him. And look at Watts current form In the pool.

The best PR move is to do it anyway. The AFL fans backlash will force AFL to back down as its such a stupidly aggressive move.

Will damage the AFL no end, and it will be their own stupid fault
Yep. I think they can make top 4 even risking the loss. AFL will cave when everyone turns on them.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Everytime I listen to Ross Lyon I can't understand how he doesn't work at a club, he's hands down the best media personality I've seen. Everything he says makes perfect sense. He's brilliant

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
For anyone interested (since there was no bad blood when he left) Hannan will be making his debut for the Dogs tomorrow night

Still a big fan, glad to see he's fit. Watched the VFL last week and he's earned the call up, looked really good.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
For anyone interested (since there was no bad blood when he left) Hannan will be making his debut for the Dogs tomorrow night

I’m a bit biased as he’s from my area/school/cricket club but hope he absolutely dominates.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still a big fan, glad to see he's fit. Watched the VFL last week and he's earned the call up, looked really good.
I’m a bit biased as he’s from my area/school/cricket club but hope he absolutely dominates.
Yeah has looked great from what little I've seen so far. Really a type we haven't had previously and should add a lot to our side

Has an inate ability to kick the ball with power after hes' barely picked it up and still hunched over from getting it off the ground. That skill has always made him so dangerous when the ball hits the deck. Hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back