The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit of a shemozzle again at The Oscars, although happy Sir Anthony Hopkins won another best actor going, fantastic actor.

I totally didn’t even know there was an Oscar’s this week until yesterday and I had no idea that Anthony Hopkins was nominated, I only knew that Riz Ahmed was a nominee as I also read that yesterday. But I did read that Anthony Hopkins was upset as I also read that in passing. What is the story there?

I totally didn’t even know there was an Oscar’s this week until yesterday and I had no idea that Anthony Hopkins was nominated, I only knew that Riz Ahmed was a nominee as I also read that yesterday. But I did read that Anthony Hopkins was upset as I also read that in passing. What is the story there?

Think many people were expecting/wanting the late Chadwick Boseman to win, and neither did Tony I suspect, who didn't even attend.

Lot of melts on Twitter about it.

The Oscars were a mess. The producers of the show absolutely expected Boseman to win but then not only did he not win, the actual winner wasn't anywhere to do a speech. So Joaquin Phoenix just accepted it and the show ended.

Apparently Anthony Hopkins said he'd be happy to do the acceptance via Zoom if required because he didn't want to travel to London or Dublin (fair enough too, the guy is 83) but was told no.

I watched a recent video on why the Oscars has gone so far downhill and it centered around stars pushing political views and telling all us normies how to live. The other was diversity that it's become such a thing that it's no longer about who acted the best it's about which minority acted the best and we can squeeze in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a recent video on why the Oscars has gone so far downhill and it centered around stars pushing political views and telling all us normies how to live. The other was diversity that it's become such a thing that it's no longer about who acted the best it's about which minority acted the best and we can squeeze in.
Was this video made by the guy who had a meltdown over the fact Parasite won over Joker last year?

glenferry23 what's the bet the video Jodlington watched was a Doomcock special?

Was this video made by the guy who had a meltdown over the fact Parasite won over Joker last year?

And were the pictures of the celebrities in the clickbait thumbnail spewing lasers from their eyes?

Im guessing made by a straight white male?

I love how those videos usually start with some form of "I'm not racist but" comment around how diversity is fine with them as long as it's done in the way they want, i.e. not at all. Because as soon as a production includes a diverse cast, it's leapt upon.

Guaranteed most of the people who complain about "diversity handouts" in these awards haven't actually seen the films.
But for some reason their reaction to it is "WOKE AGENDA" rather than "oh damn Parasite won four Oscars, that's pretty unheard of for a foreign film, maybe I should check it out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back