Preview Changes v North Melbourne - Round 7, 2021 - OUT Jones, IN B Brown

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
What a massive in to a team that is 6-0, means Mcdonald and Slick will take the second and third defenders too.

What a massive in to a team that is 6-0, means Mcdonald and Slick will take the second and third defenders too.
Jackson with the 4th...🤤

The other kicker for Casey with anyone from the seniors is it’s a really short turnaround. Coupled with the 6 day break before it’ll be 3 matches in 11 days for anyone who played seniors last week.

The other kicker for Casey with anyone from the seniors is it’s a really short turnaround. Coupled with the 6 day break before it’ll be 3 matches in 11 days for anyone who played seniors last week.
Does the VFL still have extended benches? Pretty easy to manage minutes in that environment.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Goody mentioned a few boys are still a bit sore - will be interesting to see the team changes.

We have had very minimal changes over the first 6 weeks and I think now's a good time to get some fresh legs into the team. Could be worth giving JJ a rest and maybe Jacko as well (80% game time running 15kms). Jacko doing a severe hamstring last year, I hope we don't overuse him as a 19 year old as he's a real talent.

If we bring in BBB and Chandler for Melk and Jones, that's about a like-for-like pressure wise (Chandler can really bring the heat).

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Will be interesting to see who's out now Brown is confirmed. If the plan is to give Jackson a semi-regular spell this is the week to do it.

I'm not too concerned that the Brown inclusion costs us the 4 points this week. If we lose to this rabble then it's a massive bed s**t regardless of team selection.

But I'm very concerned Brown locks himself into the team and we try and play Jackson, Tmac, Brown in the same forward line against good teams that can bring the ball to ground and rebound quickly.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
We have to find out. He’s not going to sit in the VFL all year untried. Wise to leave him out last week and test him in the system against North.
Mate I'm not saying don't play him, but he's not gonna plug into this forward line and improve it.

We are already number 1 in the comp for scores per inside 50. Adding a player whos only value is when it's kicked to them on the lead is a recipe for danger. There's no way he makes us more effective going forward.

Im honestly worried.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Scarily I’m starting to trust your takes
We've never had a better balanced side in my life. Ben Brown is the biggest risk to unbalancing it

So what he kicks 4? How many goals do we lose from him not marking it and then being rebounded. Him getting chopped off because he's the predictable kick. Him not being a contested marker.

Back