Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL360 and the like can circle jerk as much as want.

Speaking of circle jerking, how was Ross Lyon's performance on Footy Classified last night?

Reckon he used half a gallon of lube helping Eddie out during the prison bars debate with Kane Cornes.

Speaking of circle jerking, how was Ross Lyon's performance on Footy Classified last night?

Reckon he used half a gallon of lube helping Eddie out during the prison bars debate with Kane Cornes.

Ross Lyon knows there may be a job gong with Collingwood in the not too distant future.....

Look I get what you mean but good press drives membership and revenue and when your at the top of the ladder you need to make hay.
I 100% agree with you on this, however, I think a lot of this is of our own making. Shows like 360 have got on the Port train in a massive way in the past, only to see us freeze in the face of actual success. There's something about the way we seem to freeze in the face of expectation that makes us really hard to market. It's not just finals, we don't finish teams off like we should. The "watch us take the foot off the gas and run out 30 point winners" thing is almost a meme on this board these days. It wouldn't be so easy to park us in the corner or throw us a patronising shout out if we were absolutely monstering the lower non-contenders like we should be.

I 100% agree with you on this, however, I think a lot of this is of our own making. Shows like 360 have got on the Port train in a massive way in the past, only to see us freeze in the face of actual success. There's something about the way we seem to freeze in the face of expectation that makes us really hard to market. It's not just finals, we don't finish teams off like we should. The "watch us take the foot off the gas and run out 30 point winners" thing is almost a meme on this board these days. It wouldn't be so easy to park us in the corner or throw us a patronising shout out if we were absolutely monstering the lower non-contenders like we should be.
Over the last ten years footy shows have gone from once or twice a week to non stop radio and podcasts its a 24 hour news cycle now and because of this the news is very reactionary you need to be a part of that cycle especially when it's positive news.

Why do you think Carlton have continued to grow even though they absolutely suck same as essendon because they are given the royal treatment everytime they win two games in a row.

Ross Lyon knows there may be a job gong with Collingwood in the not too distant future.....

Major suck by Lyon, also helped Eddy by trying to bury any comment on the Buckley coaching situation , saying it wasn't a story worth discussion.
He knows who is paying his wages and it was a real loss cred for Lyon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some of the lack of media attention is because we’re not surprising anyone. The Bulldogs and Melbourne are a surprise because no-one expected them to be this good. The Saints, Carlton and Collingwood are a surprise because no-one thought they’d turn to sh*t. We seem to be just continuing to be good. We are getting praise for the way we are playing, new recruits etc. but there‘s nothing controversial about it.

I have only scanned through Graham Cornes' article from today's Monopoly Times but no surprises as from what I can glean it is his typical anti Port message. At times I wonder if Cornes actually believes his own message or he simply writes to create controversy and stimulate Murdoch's circulation. If so he has probably achieved his objective because he has got me for one to respond to his crap.

So what is Cornes saying ? That South Australians should forget the past and focus on the present, that it is only Victorians who should be able to perpetuate past contributors such as John Coleman and Chas Brownlow and it is only Collingwood who should be able to wear the guernsey they wore prior to the advent of what is supposed to be an Australian Football League?

The thing about Cornes is the hypocracy of the man. Back in 1990 he was the one standing up for the rights of South Australians and the tradition of the SANFL yet now he is telling us that Crows fans object to an icon of the SANFL being worn in the AFL? Viewed in that light Cornes' argument is really a Crow ambassador having a sook about it's AFL rival wearing a guernsey that symbolises something the AFC does have- heritage. One thing that Cornes has never been able to handle and the thing most Crow fans fail to acknowledge is Port Adelaide's heritage. This is of course because they feel inadequate as their biggest rivals have something they do not- a pre AFL history.

Up you Cornes, have a read of this...

Last edited:
I’ve only heard promotional snippets of Dwayne Russell speaking about the prison bars. Although he seems to acknowledge that he’d like us to wear them, he talks about it being an understandable decision given past agreements made by our former leaders, and our need to respect Collingwood. Has there been a player to represent the PAFC who has proven to be a greater turn-coat? Or is he just a pathological bum licker of other organisations to protect his career?

I’ve only heard promotional snippets of Dwayne Russell speaking about the prison bars. Although he seems to acknowledge that he’d like us to wear them, he talks about it being an understandable decision given past agreements made by our former leaders, and our need to respect Collingwood. Has there been a player to represent the PAFC who has proven to be a greater turn-coat? Or is he just a pathological bum licker of other organisations to protect his career?

Dwayne cares about Dwayne.

Nothing more nothing less.

I have only scanned through Graham Cornes' article from today's Monopoly Times
STOP BUYING IT AND LINKING TO IT YOU ABSOLUTE BELLEND

I have only scanned through Graham Cornes' article from today's Monopoly Times but no surprises as from what I can glean it is his typical anti Port message. At times I wonder if Cornes actually believes his own message or he simply writes to create controversy and stimulate Murdoch's circulation. If so he has probably achieved his objective because he has got me for one to respond to his crap.

So what is Cornes saying ? That South Australians should forget the past and focus on the present, that it is only Victorians who should be able to perpetuate past contributors such as John Coleman and Chas Brownlow and it is only Collingwood who should be able to wear the guernsey they wore prior to the advent of what is supposed to be an Australian Football League?

The thing about Cornes is the hypocracy of the man. Back in 1990 he was the one standing up for the rights of South Australians and the tradition of the SANFL yet now he is telling us that Crows fans object to an icon of the SANFL being worn in the AFL? Viewed in that light Cornes' argument is really a Crow ambassador having a sook about it's AFL rival wearing a guernsey that symbolises something the AFC does have- heritage. One thing that Cornes has never been able to handle and the thing most Crow fans fail to acknowledge is Port Adelaide's heritage. This is of course because they feel inadequate as their biggest rivals have something they do not- a pre AFL history.

Up you Cornes, have a read of this...

I think it was more a case of "To be, or not to be", but here's another loser club supporter's view of things:

But if he insists on quoting Macbeth:

It is a tale told by an idiot
Full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back