2021 Draft and Trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I've seen that movie before. Indeed, pretty much every year?
Which one? I have seen the colorized version. Nothing to recommend it. Did not add much to the good old B & W version. Can’t wait to see the next installment.

Quigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2006
Bangalla
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we were going to have a crack at someone from another club I would be pushing for Lipinski from the Bulldogs. He has looked really good when he has gotten the chance in the midfield but has been pushed out with the current overstock the Bulldogs have. At 22 he is a good age and likely to come into his prime with the other younger group we have.

If we were going to have a crack at someone from another club I would be pushing for Lipinski from the Bulldogs. He has looked really good when he has gotten the chance in the midfield but has been pushed out with the current overstock the Bulldogs have. At 22 he is a good age and likely to come into his prime with the other younger group we have.
Likely to have a decent crack at it now with Dunkley injured and still the possibility of Dunkley leaving at the end of the year.

Pns_blister

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Lipinski is a flat out gun. Would love it if the Lions were able to entice him North.

From the outside looking in, it's hard to fathom how he's not being given more opportunity.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Thought this was important, if we’re looking at signing a mature aged, recycled player.

Players who have been on a list before can stipulate the length of contract they wish to sign, which might stop some clubs looking for a half season rental.

SonnyBoy1

Senior List
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So 2 blokes who can’t get a game over an A grade star. Right...........
Not sure if you are aware, but there is something called a salary cap. Unfortunately you can not just have a team full of A-Graders, you need some role players. Mclean and Clark would both be great value pickups.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if you are aware, but there is something called a salary cap. Unfortunately you can not just have a team full of A-Graders, you need some role players. Mclean and Clark would both be great value pickups.
Oh s$&t I had no idea 🙄. Mate you said you would rather those 2 than Merrett. Yep we have role players- and if we were to get Merrett goes not give us a ‘team full of a graders’ as you put in. Maybe gives us 3 or 4- not 22.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wouldn't mind drafting Melbourne NGA prospect Mac Andrew with one our picks in the teens. Looks like a terrific ruck prospect with an insane leap. Also moves well around the ground and plays like more of a tall mid/flanker than a labouring ruck. Raw prospect obviously as a young tall but has crazy potential.

Edit: Was literally going to make a comparison with Nik Cox in my original post, and then having just read this article I see Andrew compares himself to him-

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...red-by-sudanese-pioneers-20210421-p57l6v.html

Andrew says he is most at home in the ruck, but has also played at half-back and on a wing, showing similarities to fellow two-metre prodigy Nik Cox, drafted in the top 10 last year by Essendon.
“I watched him play under-18s as well. I compare myself to him, both 200 centimetres, pretty skinny but his versatility, you can chuck him anywhere and he’ll do a great job.”

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lipinski very ordinary last night......my Doggie mate would be very happy to see him go.

Bit of a downhill skier I reckon.Did not impress against the Tiggers

First game back from VFL, that too against a marauding Richmond. That's a steep level up.
Hope they persist with him in Dunkley's absence. He might adjust better with few more games.

Probably nothing news in the trading world and doesn't involve our club in any shape of form so I didn't know if posting it here would be the right option (sorry), but while listening on First Crack tonight, David King has said he has heard whispers that the Gold Coast Suns trying to lure Nick Bryan from Essendon and out of Victoria on a 3 year deal, worth around $300,000-$400,000 a year before he becomes a big name player in the league according to King's comments.

That would be a very interesting trade target by the Suns, if King's rumours turn out to be true though and maybe we might be enquiring about Bryan's service as well if he wanted to move out of Victoria and to an interstate club.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Probably nothing news in the trading world and doesn't involve our club in any shape of form so I didn't know if posting it here would be the right option (sorry), but while listening on First Crack tonight, David King has said he has heard whispers that the Gold Coast Suns trying to lure Nick Bryan from Essendon and out of Victoria on a 3 year deal, worth around $300,000-$400,000 a year before he becomes a big name player in the league according to King's comments.

That would be a very interesting trade target by the Suns, if King's rumours turn out to be true though and maybe we might be enquiring about Bryan's service as well if he wanted to move out of Victoria and to an interstate club.
Played with Rowell and Anderson at the Oakleigh chargers.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Sexton was omitted on the weekend. Do we make a play at the end of the year? His good is very good. Is there a similar issue with him and Dew like Lyons ?
Pass.

I'd give just about anything for Jack Lukosius though, him on one wing and Clugga on the other delivering into F50 would be elite.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SPS anyone? Brisbane Lions supporter growing up has the pace we need out our defence is quite a great possession of the ball getter is also out of Contract
Yeah, I’m still keen on SPS. Not sure if HBF is his best position. Wing, half forward and stints on ball is where he’s more suited. But he can play HBF as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back