Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If Charlie can get in a month of VFL footy and then 3/4 AFL games at the back-end of the year it will do wonders for him. No point resting him for another year because the game will have evolved so much in his layoff.

Now that the media is going to run with it, I will pass on what I’ve been told.

I heard they have had differing opinions. One expert has said he’s good to go now, the other has said wait until near the end of the season and see how he is.

He’s had no soreness through the knee at all.

Charlie wants to go now!

If Charlie can get in a month of VFL footy and then 3/4 AFL games at the back-end of the year it will do wonders for him. No point resting him for another year because the game will have evolved so much in his layoff.
Wut?

Great to read TDK is back for the 2’s this week.

Given Levi’s chronic lack of form, and assuming it continues this week, I wouldn’t be surprised to see TDK come back to the 1’s as early as next week just to play as a tall forward in place of Levi, strictly on the basis that due to his suspect fitness levels he is only a relief ruck, then over the ensuing weeks takes over again as no 1 as his fitness base improves.

What have we got to lose?

Last edited:

I heard they have had differing opinions. One expert has said he’s good to go now, the other has said wait until near the end of the season and see how he is.

Charlie wants to go now!
I think Teague said something similar, if it was up to Charlie he’d be playing now. But they will be conservative for the betterment of his long term future.

Big man! He looks fit and healthy. And happy, most importantly.

Curnow and McKay up in the forward 50. Brilliant.

It could be that CC having time away, has allowed Harry to really find his feet on his own. Adding CC now after harry has established himself could spur both of them on. That third tall position now needs to be smarter than ever to allow the 2 big guns to shine. Could this be JSOS instead of Mitch?

Finally some respite!

Great to see Newman, Carroll, TDK, Parks all ready to resume playing. I'd suggest all four will come back via the VFL with Parks probably the only chance of resuming at AFL level straight away.

Add that to the likes of Durdin and Philp easing off minutes restrictions and it doesn't take long for things to start looking rosy again.

Still missing far too many from our best side, but onward and upward.

Finally some respite!

Great to see Newman, Carroll, TDK, Parks all ready to resume playing. I'd suggest all four will come back via the VFL with Parks probably the only chance of resuming at AFL level straight away.

Add that to the likes of Durdin and Philp easing off minutes restrictions and it doesn't take long for things to start looking rosy again.

Still missing far too many from our best side, but onward and upward.
You do realise by the time any of those play AFL (exceot parks who may play this week) that we will have some more injuries. It's just how the game works.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I'll take a month of VFL and then cotton wool and ready for round 1 next year

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great white hope is Charlie

Reminds me of when Kerna came to us in 86.

He's a couple of yrs older and doesn't have the 136 games of senior experience, but has the ability to resurrect our team.

Fingers crossed he's allowed to be 90% the player he was as CC and H will rip up defences for the next 5+ years and take us to 17 and beyond

Charlie wants to go now!
Makes sense they're talking about meeting in the middle somewhere and saying mid-late season (which for me means rd 12-14 but that's just me).

I don't want to get optimistic because knowing Charlie's (and our) luck he'll be leaning over a table and someone will pull a chair out into his knee and crack it again.

What about our Mystery man " Kemp"?
I notice they've removed the estimated time frames from the update... Don't like that.

The last update was April 13 saying he needs a 5 or 6 weeks of football conditioning before being available. So being 16 days ago you'd have to assume it's 3-5 weeks now?

Having said that, football conditioning to be available.. does that mean available for AFL? So he could be playing half a VFL game in a week or 2, then more the next week etc? Or 3-5 weeks of purely fitness training before even playing VFL?

I swear it's like people only read the previous 5 posts
I'm not using your guesstimated table as a real reference and the AFL website said said 3-4* weeks.

The wording on the Carlton site indicated it was game fitness related, now is that simulated match fitness or actually playing VFL match fitness before being ready for AFL selection? That's a fair question I'd have thought.

Last edited:
I'm not using your guesstimated table as a real reference and the AFL website said said 4-5 weeks.

The wording on the Carlton site indicated it was game fitness related, now is that simulated match fitness or actually playing VFL match fitness before being ready for AFL selection? That's a fair question I'd have thought.

I will have a crack

2-3 weeks of building fitness, then starting with a 1-2 weeks in VFL of manged minutes

I'm not using your guesstimated table as a real reference and the AFL website said said 3-4* weeks.

Can the Mystery man play?
Ive forgotten all about him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back