Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where did I say it was ever more than a gut feel on my part with McAsey, and where exactly did I claim I had a source, for starters McAsey is a Vic Metro lad and I certainly don't move in those circles. All ever said was all the smoke signals in Victoria would lead to most people thinking he was gone.....and I had plenty of mates on this board in that regard.

So yes it's a pleasant surprise because he definitely shaped as the best KPD in his draft.

Maybe the Adelaide Crows aren't the sh*t show you continue to spout with all the young players putting their autograph on contracts?

Yeah Crows aren't a s**t show at all, you must be right.

Not like we've had an embarrassing * up that has had us lambasted in the media in the past week is it?

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Smart decision by mcasey to stay. Let's hope he can turn things around and prove he was first round pick material.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I was big on him leading up to the draft I knew we needed a star KPD to replace an aging Talia, and I was excited when we got him.

However can't say I didn't believe the rumours running wild that he wanted out, and I was pissed about it.

So really amazing News that Young Fischer has decided to stay at Adelaide, is important for our future

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've seen every match this year so far. He is very strong at reading the play and getting in the right positions, and his marking is quite good. Getting better at the 1-on-1 defensive stuff too. His main issue is disposal which is very much like Daniel Talia
I've seen every match also, and watched him before this year and I actually think his disposal is fairly good overall. In fact we have gone from a woeful team disposal wise to quite a good one in a couple of years.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Nice one Fischer. Coming along nicely in the SANFL. Not too long before he and/or Worrell are playing AFL.

Next big signatures please... Tommy Doedee & Fog.

Sep 8, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Seattle Seahawks
So all of Butts, Worrell and McAsey resigned and surely we retain Murray after this year seeing he has exceeded all expectations. Pretty solid effort by the end of April.

It does beg the question of are we preparing for a life without Talia sooner, rather than later?

You would hope so. He looked cooked last year and it's doubtful he'll play many games this year.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
The body language experts of big footy proven wrong again.
I thought he would bail for sure. Nothing to do with his body language though. It was simply the safer bet given the club's atrocious record at player retention over the years. With Worrell and McAsey re-signing, both vic metro boys, we now have some concrete proof that the club is turning it's culture around and players want to be here. This means I'll need to take a less cynical view or risk getting caught out like those w***ers in the Vic footy media.

Back