Club History Take the 4 point penalty. Then Win 3 flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
(Unless this is plot and wink from the AFL the Let It Go for now and we can wear it in the next showdown), I would say wear the PB Guernsey in defiance of the four point penalty.

Doing this will build the club and create a soul.

I was there 30 years ago at Alberton the week that Ken Cunningham was agitating to have us thrown out of the SANFL because of our AFL ambition.

Fair credit, the cretin was brave enough to be at Alberton the following week for the next game, but the s**t that he got- well how many flags did we went after that?

I would say that if we took the Four Points penalty from the AFL for wearing the prison bar Guernsey against the Crows, I would put money on us to win the flag, and another soon behind that.

Club and legacy building us vs them stuff. I can't thank Eddie enough

(Unless this is plot and wink from the AFL the Let It Go for now and we can wear it in the next showdown), I would say wear the PB Guernsey in defiance of the four point penalty.

Doing this will build the club and create a soul.

I was there 30 years ago at Alberton the week that Ken Cunningham was agitating to have us thrown out of the SANFL because of our AFL ambition.

Fair credit, the cretin was brave enough to be at Alberton the following week for the next game, but the sh*t that he got- well how many flags did we went after that?

I would say that if we took the Four Points penalty from the AFL for wearing the prison bar Guernsey against the Crows, I would put money on us to win the flag, and another soon behind that.

Club and legacy building us vs them stuff. I can't thank Eddie enough
I want us to take the 4 point penalty but if we do it we are not winning any flags. The umpires will be directed to cheat against us like what happens at SANFL level.

I said this in the other thread but it will be more than just 4 points. The AFL will do everything they can to screw us over for the next few years for defying them.

I think now is the time to go all out towards making it our permanent jumper. Scrap the chevrons forever, and start with black w/silver bars home and silver w/black bars clash, slowly adding in more and more white.
I know this isn't popular with a lot of people but that's the way I'd go.

I want us to take the 4 point penalty but if we do it we are not winning any flags. The umpires will be directed to cheat against us like what happens at SANFL level.
If that's the case there's no point ever standing for anything or even being in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think now is the time to go all out towards making it our permanent jumper. Scrap the chevrons forever, and start with black w/silver bars home and silver w/black bars clash, slowly adding in more and more white.

I wouldn't be against this, but only if it's silver and not teal.

If we'd joined the league in black and silver bars in 1997 we'd still be wearing them.

I wouldn't mind this to be honest

I said this in the other thread but it will be more than just 4 points. The AFL will do everything they can to screw us over for the next few years for defying them.
I think you need to be 40+ to understand "the old Port". to have lived through it. How the other clubs and the league truly hated us. How every game, every final was us against them. They were never just a game.

That is precisely what made us the club we were. Always. And then in the 80s it became Lee Whicker vs us, Max Basheer vs us, West lakes vs us, Ken Cunningham vs us, then the player retention scheme and Court cases. Everything they could always do to Penalise us. Suspending players before finals. Impede us

It's not just "and in spite of that" we won flags it was almost because of that.

I think our board would remember how valuable the us vs them was to the club. It WAS the club.

Beat the Crows, see them take the 4 points, challenge it in court.

And get the SANFL Port magpies merchandise kiosk out the front of every home game this year selling PB and magpie. I'd even wear a paper pull over "PB bib" to stick it to the AFL if there was one

THIS! X 1,000,000

I agreed wholeheartedly, it's our soul

Remove this Banner Ad

Back