Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Powell-Pepper has carved us up at least once out of the centre recently, him and Wines's big bodies will be hard for us to contain.
Is SPP actually back playing atm? Disappeared (sent away I believe) a few weeks ago and haven’t really heard anything since.

You’re right though he has played well against us previously so out of the two mentioned I’d probably prefer them to bring Rocky in for our sake. Still not a bad choice for them though to be choosing from those 2.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Is SPP actually back playing atm? Disappeared (sent away I believe) a few weeks ago and haven’t really heard anything since.

You’re right though he has played well against us previously so out of the two mentioned I’d probably prefer them to bring Rocky in for our sake. Still not a bad choice for them though to be choosing from those 2.
SPP played in the SANFL on the weekend and had a blinder apparently.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

SPP played in the SANFL the last two weeks
Last week 34 disposals and 20 disposals the week before
So he is available for selection

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
SPP played in the SANFL on the weekend and had a blinder apparently.
Sorry to barge in, he is definitely back, playing some good footy too.
Screenshot_20210429-134137_Footy%20Live.jpeg

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah Berry is still out too.

Chris Fagan all-but confirms Rhys Mathieson will get his chance on Saturday. Jarrod Berry unavailable with groin.

Tweet above from Fish ^^
So with two confirmed out Neale & Gardiner & Berry Snr. not ready for a return yet
Looks like Mathieson for Neale. Well done Matho but make the most of your inclusion
Berry Jnr (medical sub R6) for Gardiner (AhChee went to defense when Gardiner came off)
So, just need to name a medical sub and not too much disruption to side

Of course someone may get "managed"
Prior may also be discussed at selection.
However he did okay filling in with 12 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles. 3 score involvements with only 66% TOG

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Yep, I'm now expecting it to be >

Darcy Gardiner, Lachie Neale, Jaxon Prior out for Rhys Matheison, Tom Berry and Harry Sharp.

Jaxon Prior medical sub.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, I'm now expecting it to be >

Darcy Gardiner, Lachie Neale, Jaxon Prior out for Rhys Matheison, Tom Berry and Harry Sharp.

Jaxon Prior medical sub.
Prior spot will possible be discussed but may hold his spot
His previous game v Essendon was a solid second game.
Chimed in with 2 goals in very wet conditions.
Predicted to be wet again so at least we know he will handle the conditions

Prior spot will possible be discussed but may hold his spot
His previous game v Essendon was a solid second game.
Chimed in with 2 goals in very wet conditions.
Predicted to be wet again so at least we know he will handle the conditions
I think Prior will hold his spot.
Neale and Gardiner out for Matho and T.Bez.
Maybe Harry Sharp as the sub.
Or we bite the bullet and give Madden a shot as the sub.
Hoping for no injuries though and no sub required.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Berry being ruled out pretty much seals Matho's place in the 22 you'd think.
Also interesting that when he was talking about Port's fleet of small forwards that he was not sure if they go a like for like for Gardiner or they go with a smaller defender.... Answerth not available, I wonder if James Madden is a chance this week??? Quigley would be ecstatic if so.

Who loves who more Quigley > Madden OR briztoon > Dev?

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Saturday 1 May
Summary Min 17 Max 23. Showers, Possible rainfall: 10 to 20 mm Chance of any rain: 90%
Brisbane area
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening.
She'll be right, better pack the poncho though .

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
From a foxsports.com article today >

In 2020, the Power were ranked second in the league for percentage of score from the forward half. This year, they’re 18th — something that would usually concern pundits and coaches. But in 2021, the Power are ranked first in the league for percentage of score from the back half — up from 15th last year.

From a foxsports.com article today >

In 2020, the Power were ranked second in the league for percentage of score from the forward half. This year, they’re 18th — something that would usually concern pundits and coaches. But in 2021, the Power are ranked first in the league for percentage of score from the back half — up from 15th last year.
They have played 4 teams that aren’t the best defensively in, St Kilda, Carlton, Essendon and North Melbourne.
So makes sense.
We just need to push up hard and force them down the line. And not let them share it around in the backline.

Berrygood

All Australian
Aug 27, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hope matho gets the nod. His form is good, we know he will give100%, we know he will play tough. If his game awareness has improved he will go well and maybe hold the spot thru neales injury. I hope fages can stick with him for a few weeks at least. Give him the chance to fight for his future here. His mate parish has only recently thrived being played in his drafted position more frequently, hope matho can too.

I think prior will be given more time in defense with Darcy out. Prior was drafted as a back, let's see what he can do. Ah chee to spend more time back as well.

B2 will come onto the bench and one of the emergencies into medical sub, maybe madden, the running machine sharp or even kiddy Coleman. Whoever it is, they will need to be good in the wet by the sounds of it.

So for me, it's just matho in for Neale, B2 onto bench from sub, and prior and ah chee cover Darcy. Then a mud runner comes in as sub. Fagan doesn't make to many changes, so I expect minimal this week. Especially after a win.

Tough game this week, another gritty, dogged effort needed again. That defensive pressure, chasing and tackling will need to be high. Somehow I feel good about a win here. I think a real team effort can beat them on our home turf.

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
The Great Prison Bars Jersey Scandal will keep Port distracted from this week’s game.
I must say, it's gotta be nice to be able to celebrate your heritage (Roy's jumper)numerous times per year without a petulant man child carrying on like your stealing one of his lollies.

I must say, it's gotta be nice to be able to celebrate your heritage (Roy's jumper)numerous times per year without a petulant man child carrying on like your stealing one of his lollies.

We have an academy so we know all too well about this petulant man child.

I reckon most of us would be in your camp on that one, LR. I know I am.

Some of us Roys fans reckon Ross Oakley was a bit of a petulant man-child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back