Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Im on the other side of that fence.
Son + 50m > Gio + Lamela + Berg + 90m

Once we're down the path of selling Son, may as well do Kane & Lloris too. Selling a lot of heart there. Those 3 are the face of our squad as a collective.

Whatever we do, may want to get a move on
Upa (34m) & Konate (30m) both off the market.
Would have been a tidy pairing.
Son + 1 of Lamela/GLC/Berg + transfer budget of 40m vs. 2 of Lamela/GLC/Berg + transfer budget of 130m

Realistically that is Son + 2 new (10-30m range) signings + 1 of our current crop. 2 of our current crop + 5-6 new players (20-45m range)

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Son + 1 of Lamela/GLC/Berg + transfer budget of 40m vs. 2 of Lamela/GLC/Berg + transfer budget of 130m

Realistically that is Son + 2 new (10-30m range) signings + 1 of our current crop. 2 of our current crop + 5-6 new players (20-45m range)
yeah, i take the former
Son + Berg (biggest spend, highest ceiling) and the 40m
Fee should secure Sabitzer

Kane
Son Dele Bale
Sabitzer PEH
REBUILD HERE
Lloris

Backline = Reg, Alder, Sanchez with someone like Aarons brought in, Aurier to 2nd choice & Doherty sold is a start.
Skriniar, Kounde, Sule, Varane are options if we have the purse. But we don't

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
yeah, i take the former

Kane
Son Dele Bale
Sabitzer PEH
REBUILD HERE
Lloris

Backline = Reg, Alder, Sanchez with someone like Aarons brought in, Aurier to 2nd choice & Doherty sold is a start.

Almost looks like a copy and paste from 3 - 5 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
yeah, i take the former

Kane
Son Dele Bale
Sabitzer PEH
REBUILD HERE
Lloris

If we can only spend 40m thats barely enough to get 2 players in. I'm just a bit sick of the whole group and want to blow the thing up and sell sell sell and buy as many new players as possible. Sick of this group and whoever we need to sacrifice im happy enough to do. But a lot relies on also sacking that hack Hitchen first

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Your last 3 remarks are just so ‘you’ but all a bit ? At the same time.

1. Kane comments put up to add fuel to the fire that we should sell/he should ask to leave argument. Which is tosh as he has years on his deal. He is with us next season should be unequivocal message from the club.

2. Keeper at another club makes error. Used to push the we should sell our captain barrow. All because you have an axe to grind with him.

I didn’t dislike Luke Hodge because he had a drink driving accident not long after Ratten’s son (Hawks assistant) died from a car crash. It was merely acknowledged as a bad decision and now he is recognised as a great of the game and good commentator. Just glad he left those a-hole’s from Waverley ;)
I don’t hate Carey because he had post-career issues. Ditto Ablett Sr.

3. Using a game where the outsider wins in a case of David beating Goliath really is meant to make some point? We continue to fall short because we are the 6th richest club in a very competitive league, and those below us are bridging the gap to us. No wonder we need the stadium to start bringing in revenue, particularly from non football activity... and no wonder without fans and the loss of revenue we made the bad choice to choose super league money.

For decades United were easily the richest and won every year. Now there is a serious challenger to them financially, who are also better run and better coached and their trophies are drying up too.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
1. Kane comments put up to add fuel to the fire that we should sell/he should ask to leave argument. Which is tosh as he has years on his deal. He is with us next season should be unequivocal message from the club.
Just posting the news from Kane's interview since we've all had our say, good to hear from the man himself. These comments weren't exactly I'm outta here. But they add fuel to the fire that he is getting frustrated being at a club beneath his level. He won't ask for a move until after the Euros as his #1 chance of a trophy is now with the national side and starting a bidding war during an international tournament hurts England's chances.

2. Keeper at another club makes error. Used to push the we should sell our captain barrow. All because you have an axe to grind with him.
I don't like Hugo Lloris. Poch for whatever reason does. Poch's keeper just made a howler that looks like costing them the CL. Lloris has 12 months on his deal he should be expecting a call from Paris in the summer. I won't hide the fact I'd be happy for it to happen.

3. Using a game where the outsider wins in a case of David beating Goliath really is meant to make some point?
We went in even money with City that day and we were a point clear of them going in having already smashed them 4-1 at home that season.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
This notion of David vs Goliath wasn't the case for our peak years under Pochettino. We won 3 on the trot against City in the league and were undefeated across 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons.

Just posting the news from Kane's interview since we've all had our say, good to hear from the man himself. These comments weren't exactly I'm outta here. But they add fuel to the fire that he is getting frustrated being at a club beneath his level. He won't ask for a move until after the Euros as his #1 chance of a trophy is now with the national side and starting a bidding war during an international tournament hurts England's chances.

I don't like Hugo Lloris. Poch for whatever reason does. Poch's keeper just made a howler that looks like costing them the CL. Lloris has 12 months on his deal he should be expecting a call from Paris in the summer. I won't hide the fact I'd be happy for it to happen.

We went in even money with City that day and we were a point clear of them going in having already beaten them at home that season.
Even money? So?

not sure in what way a comment about a game back in 2015 is relevant to the remark about now. They dwarf us in every possible way, I’d say that game just shows that they were an emerging power still asleep to how far they could still go. A sleeping giant if you will.

Got the best manager in the game and good night nurse for the rest of us. They’ve well and truly realised what their potential is.

Lloris. Just don’t get it. Humble guy. One of our best ever GK’s and loyal servant. Would hold him in the same regard I do Vertonghen.
Elected our leader after the Kaboul fracas at Stoke and we’ve scarcely had dressing room issues since. Rose doesn’t count as a dressing room issue, he just got bitter Walker got a move and he didn’t. Big enough personality that Deschamps has him as France captain, lots of personalities to control.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Even money? So?

not sure in what way a comment about a game back in 2015 is relevant to the remark about now. They dwarf us in every possible way, I’d say that game just shows that they were an emerging power still asleep to how far they could still go. A sleeping giant if you will.
Just debunking the narrative that poor little Tottenham can't compete at the top of the Premier League or beat sides with much bigger wage budgets. We did it regularly for 24 months. But just like Liverpool they improved at a similar rate to what we regressed.

Lloris. Just don’t get it. Humble guy. One of our best ever GK’s and loyal servant. Would hold him in the same regard I do Vertonghen.
Elected our leader after the Kaboul fracas at Stoke and we’ve scarcely had dressing room issues since. Rose doesn’t count as a dressing room issue, he just got bitter Walker got a move and he didn’t. Big enough personality that Deschamps has him as France captain, lots of personalities to control.
Pre drink-driving charge I felt he wasn't a good on field leader as he would turn to water in big games. As would Vertonghen, who also isn't a club legend but a nice player who we are willing to look past his snake ways under AVB and Sherwood. The dressing room has largely had no issues thanks to both our managers and the club getting rid of the bad eggs. It's perhaps been a too nice a dressing room which has cost us at times too. But I wouldn't say any of that is down to Lloris. A captain needs to be someone that steps up and controls big games and I admit it isn't his fault that he is given the armband because we lack leaders (another reason why he is a soft/easy to like choice as C) in general.

So if I was to look at him in 3 categories; Player, Leadership, Off-field/Personality

Player: Very good but not great goalkeeper. Used to be in discussions for best in the world outside Neuer. Nowhere near that anymore. Still very good though
Leadership: Not great at all. We bottle it because we lack leadership as a club out on the field. He can't influence games as a GK with leadership. Says more about the group than him though
Off-field/Personality: Not a fan of his. Should have stood down as captain for his * up. Acts very righteous and points the finger quite a lot. Hides behind his manager to the press whenever he costs the side points when as a leader he should be out there copping it for his manager & the team.

Just debunking the narrative that poor little Tottenham can't compete at the top of the Premier League or beat sides with much bigger wage budgets. We did it regularly for 24 months. But just like Liverpool they improved at a similar rate to what we regressed.
We defied gravity for 24 months more like. Liverpool are also richer, have less debts to pay... and received an extortionate fee for Coutinho.
Find me a player we can get twice their value for, and don't critically need, and I'll happily drive them to wherever we sell them to. That got them the cash to get the two pieces that won them those trophies, and even then they scored high nineties points and still lost to City.
Player: Very good but not great goalkeeper. Used to be in discussions for best in the world outside Neuer. Nowhere near that anymore. Still very good though
Nah. Great.
Leadership: Not great at all. We bottle it because we lack leadership as a club out on the field. He can't influence games as a GK with leadership. Says more about the group than him though
Yet leads France to a world cup. It's as if having a team that can and should win sees you win means something.
Off-field/Personality: Not a fan of his. Should have stood down as captain for his fu** up. Acts very righteous and points the finger quite a lot. Hides behind his manager to the press whenever he costs the side points when as a leader he should be out there copping it for his manager & the team.
I invoke the Luke Hodge argument again.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
We defied gravity for 24 months more like. Liverpool are also richer, have less debts to pay... and received an extortionate fee for Coutinho.
Find me a player we can get twice their value for, and don't critically need, and I'll happily drive them to wherever we sell them to. That got them the cash to get the two pieces that won them those trophies, and even then they scored high nineties points and still lost to City.

Nah. Great.

Yet leads France to a world cup. It's as if having a team that can and should win sees you win means something.

I invoke the Luke Hodge argument again.
Great is the top 3-5 in their position. He isnt that. He's very good which is still better than most.

International captaincy isn't like club level. 52 weeks a year, 40 plus games he isnt up to it as proven with us. For France he played a handful of games over a months long tournament.

Don't care for your Hodge comparison either tbh. In my opinion our captain is a prick that I'll be happy to see the back of in the next 1-12 months.

Ajax has been a good stomping ground for young players in recent years and our PL2 are 2nd and results pending our U18s could end up as high as 3rd. So we have some decent youth in the system and out on loan too. Certainly would be open to him joining us and seeing what he can do.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Not totally against it. Like the way Ajax play. But they do have a pretty easy league with more financial resources than everyone else and a famed academy.

Apparently a top Spurs ITK says it wont be him, or Parker, or Potter.
2x poor CL runs last couple of years.
Probably not surprising given the good run they had before we beat them had well developed guns in De Jong, De Ligt & VDB.

But certainly not opposed.
Galtier is my preference given the results he's had with Lille. But doesn't appear to be on our radar at all.
If we could land him and Campos to replace Hitchen, i'd feel a lot better about the future.

Would have good relationships with a few players we could do with (Maignan, Soumare, Sanches, Botman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back