Club History Take the 4 point penalty. Then Win 3 flags

WHAT IF WE WEAR IT IN THE playoffs or GRAND FINAL.. is the 4 point dock carried over??
No but we will get 55 free kicks paid against us per game.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think you need to be 40+ to understand "the old Port". to have lived through it. How the other clubs and the league truly hated us. How every game, every final was us against them. They were never just a game.

That is precisely what made us the club we were. Always. And then in the 80s it became Lee Whicker vs us, Max Basheer vs us, West lakes vs us, Ken Cunningham vs us, then the player retention scheme and Court cases. Everything they could always do to Penalise us. Suspending players before finals. Impede us

It's not just "and in spite of that" we won flags it was almost because of that.

I think our board would remember how valuable the us vs them was to the club. It WAS the club.

Beat the Crows, see them take the 4 points, challenge it in court.

And get the SANFL Port magpies merchandise kiosk out the front of every home game this year selling PB and magpie. I'd even wear a paper pull over "PB bib" to stick it to the AFL if there was one
As a 41 year old I agree entirely.

It is exactly why I am such a loyal Port man. We stand for something. We fight for our rights. We do whats right and don't GAF if you don't like it.

I'd rather follow a strong Port that stands up for itself and gets robbed of its rightful flag whilst living the creed than a weak willed Port that limps to a flag by kissing the arse of a silver spooned Adelaide club punce.

We may as well become Southern Power if we aren't prepared to stand up now.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How unsurprising that the ruling is packaged with a pre-emptive threat of points deductions. Such a pathetic little wag of the finger like a headmaster to a troublesome pupil.
Meanwhile, we have Collingwood players on mobile phones in the rooms, potentially placing bets on the opposition, and gill ruffles Collingwood's hair like a harmless little scallywag.

Lumpy432

Debutant
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lionel Richie
Signed back on after years to say cop the points!!! The things it would do for the entire community of this club would be worth so much more than 4 points in the 2021 home and away season... This would be spoken about for YEARS, something I could tell my son about someday to help grow his love of the club. Yes a premiership is more important but this is our ******* club and our ******* Guernsey, stick it to em ports. just pls god can we win the game if we do wear it lmao

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How unsurprising that the ruling is packaged with a pre-emptive threat of points deductions. Such a pathetic little wag of the finger like a headmaster to a troublesome pupil.
Meanwhile, we have Collingwood players on mobile phones in the rooms, potentially placing bets on the opposition, and gill ruffles Collingwood's hair like a harmless little scallywag.
And De Goey plays while charged with sexual assualt........all class the AFL & Collingwood. Any other code De Goey would be suspended.

The fact I can't wrap my head around and probably never will, is I live in a world where "apparently" AFL fans can't tell the difference between our prison bar guernsey and Collingwood's guernsey cause Eddie McCockwomble and the AFL say so. Yet in a proper league and run sport, two of the biggest clubs in world sport & their own sport in Manchester United & Liverpool can play in the same league, both wear red, and nothing happens. Their world keeps on spinning and they make billions off revenue, not once have I seen a kid or adult for that matter accidentally buy a Liverpool kit, pay for it and go "* I've got mixed up and I was meant to buy a United kit." Not once, never happens.

So basically today on top of all the other issues mentioned everywhere basically said to AFL fans you're to stupid to tell the difference between Port Adelaide & Collingwood so we'll keep it as is.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And De Goey plays while charged with sexual assualt........all class the AFL & Collingwood. Any other code De Goey would be suspended.

The fact I can't wrap my head around and probably never will, is I live in a world where "apparently" AFL fans can't tell the difference between our prison bar guernsey and Collingwood's guernsey cause Eddie McCockwomble and the AFL say so. Yet in a proper league and run sport, two of the biggest clubs in world sport & their own sport in Manchester United & Liverpool can play in the same league, both wear red, and nothing happens. Their world keeps on spinning and they make billions off revenue, not once have I seen a kid or adult for that matter accidentally buy a Liverpool kit, pay for it and go "fu** I've got mixed up and I was meant to buy a United kit." Not once, never happens.

So basically today on top of all the other issues mentioned everywhere basically said to AFL fans you're to stupid to tell the difference between Port Adelaide & Collingwood so we'll keep it as is.

Not to mention the racist ex president.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The fact I can't wrap my head around and probably never will, is I live in a world where "apparently" AFL fans can't tell the difference between our prison bar guernsey and Collingwood's guernsey cause Eddie McCockwomble and the AFL say so. Yet in a proper league and run sport, two of the biggest clubs in world sport & their own sport in Manchester United & Liverpool can play in the same league, both wear red, and nothing happens. Their world keeps on spinning and they make billions off revenue, not once have I seen a kid or adult for that matter accidentally buy a Liverpool kit, pay for it and go "fu** I've got mixed up and I was meant to buy a United kit." Not once, never happens.

Yet smart enough to distinguish between the Collingwood home strip and the Collingwood away strip.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
A year or more to rule against an "Interstate" club honouring it's heritage for one game a year against another "Interstate" club in a National comp. ffs

I understand Kochie's position but I have the luxury of being free to vent my spleen. Take the penalty and run out in The Bars

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Just checking, do we forego the possibility of winning the 4pts from this game or is it we will get 4pts deducted at the end of the season?

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m all for taking the 4 point hit.

The soul of the club, and forcing change at AFL house for a very biased Victorian competition, is more important in the long run.

With some good media strategy, and an all out attack on the bias at AFL house, this is a great opportunity.

No other Non Vic club has the balls, but the other clubs will jump on the bandwagon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back