Opinion POLL: Wear them in the Showdown anyway? Your opinion.

Wear the Prison Bars in the Showdown and cop the punishment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No. As finbarr suggested in another thread, this is our opportunity to ditch the chevs (and teal as a primary colour). Have the Prisonbars design as our full time jumper (black and silver - home... silver and black - away).

Make it happen, Port!

I'd start with -

Home - black jumper, silver bars, white collar and cuffs

Clash - Silver jumper, black bars, white collar and cuffs.

If we need to throw in some teal have a thin teal hoop on the socks.

I'd start with -

This discussion happened a few weeks ago with me putting forth the same argument. It didn't go down well.

I'd start with -

If we're being threatened with loss of premiership points shouldn't we just wear the original? Diplomacy has failed, time for aggression.

This discussion happened a few weeks ago with me putting forth the same argument. It didn't go down well.

Even his royal shitness Eddie has been quoted as saying he has no objection to the design being used. I say make him live to regret that. He could have just settled on the original being worn twice per year. I say wear the bars every single week with that slight modification. After all, it's the design that is so unique and iconic, not so much the colours. How many teams in the world wear black and white???

Even his royal shitness Eddie has been quoted as saying he has no objection to the design being used. I say make him live to regret that. He could have just settled on the original being worn twice per year. I say wear the bars every single week with that slight modification. After all, it's the design that is so unique and iconic, not so much the colours. How many teams in the world wear black and white???

I agree with you but many people on here don't.

He lying when he says that though, hoping we’ll blink and lose the moral high ground.
Just look at his comments/lies about the teal.

He lying when he says that though, hoping we’ll blink and lose the moral high ground.
Just look at his comments/lies about the teal.
"Port Power wanted to wear a different colorway of the Port Adelaide Magpies jumper in 2021. It obviously doesn't matter to them".

No, I understand others wanting to do it while emotions are high but we play the long game imo it would hurt the issue more than help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people really think Eddie won't object to black and silver bars?

When he objects to our black, white and teal chevrons???

We end up right where we are but negotiating from an even weaker position.

This would be a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE move.

I can just hear Eddie in 10 years time bullshitting how we abandoned the bars and sold them down the river for $$.

No, I understand others wanting to do it while emotions are high but we play the long game imo it would hurt the issue more than help.
How?
How can the issue possibly be in a worse position by actually wearing them?

I think we can only do the black and silver bars AFTER we have locked in an ongoing arrangement to wear the real bars.

Then after a few years of our spiritual guernsey getting regular use on the big stage, it will be a natural shift to wear it in some form every week.

Make people bitter that we broke the rules, might be like you want to do that nope not happening ever now.

If we just keep being annoying and bringing it up every year one day we will get our way
It’s already not happening!

Do people really think Eddie won't object to black and silver bars?

When he objects to our black, white and teal chevrons???

We end up right where we are but negotiating from an even weaker position.

This would be a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE move.

I can just hear Eddie in 10 years time bullshitting how we abandoned the bars and sold them down the river for $$.

Who gives a s**t about an EX club president who presided over a culture of systemic racism? * off Eddie you fat *

Back