Preview Changes v Tiggers - Round 7 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

McNeil almost certainly the sub again given he was made sub due for a rest last week and nearly played a whole game anyway.

Sweet and Wallis not named as emergencies interesting

Looks like Cordy and possibly Buku (based on emergencies) are now ahead of Young. The turnaround there is strange considering Young was alright against Brisbane and was dropped after only one below average performance the week after.

Wallis's career now in serious trouble. Four forced outs (and 8 on the injury list) and they still can't find a role for him.
Argument can be made that he was a psuedo key forward last year (rather than the medium forward nomeclature) and Schache's in ahead of him for that "role" because he needs to ruck a bit, and maybe we don't want Bruce rucking.

Either that or we're re-converting him back to inside mid (we swung him back midfield in the VFL 2nd half last week) and we want him to play more than half a game there before he can press his case instead of Lipinski/West/Garcia in that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will Bevo use to chop out in the ruck? Bruce, Cordy or Schache? I’d go for Bruce, reckon he’ll opt for Schache.

I'd go Schache. Bruce has been better than last year but his ruck work from then has left me scarred. Schache was passable when he used to pinch hit

Wallis's career now in serious trouble. Four forced outs (and 8 on the injury list) and they still can't find a role for him.
He just needs to move on unfortunately, can definitey carve out a few good years in the AFL but I have him before a lot of players on our list right now, and probably only getting further behind. But definitely still could offer a lot to a club. More than happy to keep him around here as depth if he’s happy but feel he’d want more. Long way to go but it’d be so sad to win the flag and have him watching from the stands, after 2016.

Is this the first time JUHs been listed emergency? Big game this saturday please!

Bit dramatic. Schache usually only lasts in the team for a week or two. Plenty of time for Wallis to get more chances if he shows a bit of form and others drop away or get injured.

How was he dirty? He had the same response to the rest of the team as far as I saw.

I didn’t actually watch it 😂.
I was just going off others comments.

Strange to make comments about his reaction then if it wasn’t significant in any way.

Plenty of time for him to get his spot back imo. Plus, on the flip side, he’ll be flying if/when he does.

Praying Schache goes well, if he does bring back Tim on top of the 3 talls. Worst case scenario it’s not working out just move Naughty to play 3rd tall intercept behind the ball. If it works out and all 4 can find a way to have an impact, we’ll be unstoppable.

It sounds tall but it’s not like all 4 would just be sitting in the forward 50, in reality it just means we have 4 talls scattered throughout the front half of the ground, not that hard to cover for run/ground ball contests/defence when they’re supported by 25 A grade mids. Naughty and Schache up the ground, Schache providing repeat leads to be an option while moving the ball, Naughty the contested marking target. Bruce and Tim inside 50. It’s a great mix

He just needs to move on unfortunately, can definitey carve out a few good years in the AFL but I have him before a lot of players on our list right now, and probably only getting further behind. But definitely still could offer a lot to a club. More than happy to keep him around here as depth if he’s happy but feel he’d want more. Long way to go but it’d be so sad to win the flag and have him watching from the stands, after 2016.

Is this the first time JUHs been listed emergency? Big game this saturday please!
Well there might be a spot for him now that Dunkley is out. But he needs to be in top form and will probably need to contend with a few others for that spot. Does appear as though it's inside mid or bust now given the number of tall forwards and general defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back