Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he would bail for sure. Nothing to do with his body language though. It was simply the safer bet given the club's atrocious record at player retention over the years. With Worrell and McAsey re-signing, both vic metro boys, we now have some concrete proof that the club is turning it's culture around and players want to be here. This means I'll need to take a less cynical view or risk getting caught out like those w***ers in the Vic footy media.

Is it culture or have we re-geared how we distribute our salary cap. I'd say we're also offering more in that first extension than in the past. Less reward for past deeds in final years and less long term fringe players sucking cap space.

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick, I was responding to your last paragraph

So yeah, I've been wondering what all the 'he's gone' crew were basing their certainty on.”

the “he’s gone crew” were coin flipping ready to strut if it came up heads

You were a bit ambiguous with your use of "you", old mate! ;)

Both are near retirement haha!! I didnt mind Davis decision. Gunston was a twat though. Some people struggle to let go, kind of like how some people think every girlfriend must be cheating on them because when they were 14 their girlfriend at school kissed another guy behind the shed...
Kirsty? Is that you? :'(

Remember when Warren Tredrea was considered to be above tabloid hackery bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Warren Tredrea was considered to be above tabloid hackery bullshit

And tonight's C9 News sport segment was extra delicious.

Geez...this news really makes me happy. I finally have been proven correct over something old friend Mutineer has said. I've been definite in my belief Fischer would stay. Proven right! yayyyyyyyyyyy. The second thing for me this year, RT was my #1 pick all along and stated that in many posts. Life is good!:D

So it was his father's health scare during the preseason that held him up signing on but all's good there now,

Listening through that I think we all forget what impact COVID (and a rubbish year from your team) can have on a young lad moving away from home. Last year was such a different year for all first year players - not surprising that the list of unsigned players features a number of kids playing interstate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Listening through that I think we all forget what impact COVID (and a rubbish year from your team) can have on a young lad moving away from home. Last year was such a different year for all first year players - not surprising that the list of unsigned players features a number of kids playing interstate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ironic the players seem in a happier space after a wooden spoon, compared to playing in a losing grand final...

Nicks & Co appear to have buried the demons of the camp.

The "leakers" to media would have caused a lot of this disharmony between the group and they are now all gone.
Just between you & me.... the camp was the main cause of where it all really started to go to complete s**t...

If not for the camp, there would have been nothing to leak!

Back