Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Chris Scott will finish out his contract?

He looks like he is doing press conferences reports on The War of the Roses' atm. Battle weary. Is he running out of ideas?

How good was Mitch Duncan's torp from 60!

And bc you can naver have too much of a Lambys Tavern goal of the day ( that Benny didnt pick LOL) .... ... let it rip Kingy!!!

Everyone was full Ken Bruce. Luved it.

Are we going to miss MOC or PFD more over the next few weeks? Shark put TK to the sword and managed to kick his own goal as well up until he hurt his hammy. He's got quite a few good names that he's taken out.

How good is the JC effect. Rohan was the immediate benefactor of less attention in the F50. That and the fact the started marking everything after 4 weeks of close but no cigar stuff. Can this continue or will opposition coaches just start to flood back when we get the ball to block everything up?

And on a completely different note - Why don't the club paint blue hoops around the white light tower bases to resemble Geelong Footy socks. Would be a good community project and very cheap to do. Thats my Kerr's Hire community focus for the week.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hey boys.
After a shaky first quarter they looked to take some more attacking kicks, this is what supporters have been crying out for.
I have been critical of Stanley and Rohan but both had great game's, well done.
J.Cameron certainly made an impression, big difference in forward line structure with him there. The spark was back, if we knock off the swans this week, ignite the rocket boosters for take off.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Is it just me or is Jack Henry suddenly much better in traffic? Seems far more composed and I think his recent forays forward have given him a confidence boost. Seems to have added a bit of meat on the frame too.

Stef Okunbor at centre bounces at the scratch match with the u18s raised an eyebrow. You can't knock his ready to go shape but is his kicking and decision making at a level where a debut would be out of the question in the coming months?

SCG being a hard to defend, easy to attack getting has usually not suited us. With our new attacking structure do you think this might have been flipped to suit us more than it hurts us defensively?

Thanks guys!

Hi Lads,

See what happens when you move the ball with PURPOSE the 2nd quarter was outstanding and the new bloke wearing number 5 has a great career in front of him.

Hawkins/Cameron combination will only get better and could well add years on Hawks career

Love the development of Jack Henry but please Chris Scott keep him out of the ruck.

When are Mitch Duncan and Cam Guthrie going to get the credit they deserve from the wider footy world?

From an WCE point of view - What has happened to Tim Kelly doesn't look half the player he was when at GFC.

The trade work done by Wells and Co is looking better and better now that Jezza is in the FWD line and both Essendon and GWS appear not to be in the finals picture.

Only disappointments from the day

1. Blitz disposal in back half in 1st quarter
2. Injury to the Shark (o'connor)

Hey boys.

Are we rightfully ok to start getting super excited over Max Holmes
He looks like he could be anything, with limited game he has been tearing these VFL games to shreds.

I haven’t been this excited by a young player since JSel got drafted.

Do you think we got a steal by swapping this years first to Richmond or will we regret it?

Last week I mentioned to you both about the lack of targets up the ground Eg. kicking to Miers and Dal on the wing/hf
What a difference JCameron makes, people have spoken about Rohan getting reward but it was the work up the field which allowed 1v1 for all 3 of our major forwards to get off the leash.

Thanks again for all you do for this podcast
Onya

Hey Boys
Was a pleasure to drive 4 hours from regional Victoria to watch the Cats . Would of been a different story if we lost, as it would of been a sad trip home.
After the game, I tuned into you guys and listen to you after the game.
BUT .... I have to put a complaint in.... How did Jack Henry win goal of the day over Mitch Duncan torpedo goal from the boundary after the siren..
Ill give you the chance now if you like to reverse that discussion rite now on the Kerr's Hire Cat attack Podcast :p .

Was a pleasure to listen to you guys after the game. Is there anyway we can listen to guys threw the internet or app after the game?

Cheers FoxDog50

Hey Boys
Was a pleasure to drive 4 hours from regional Victoria to watch the Cats . Would of been a different story if we lost, as it would of been a sad trip home.
After the game, I tuned into you guys and listen to you after the game.
BUT .... I have to put a complaint in.... How did Jack Henry win goal of the day over Mitch Duncan torpedo goal from the boundary after the siren..
Ill give you the chance now if you like to reverse that discussion rite now on the Kerr's Hire Cat attack Podcast :p .

Was a pleasure to listen to you guys after the game. Is there anyway we can listen to guys threw the internet or app after the game?

Cheers FoxDog50

AGREE 10000% - demand a recount but ill settle for one more replay of this

As for KROCK post game... good luck friend. We are totally at the whim of the work experience kid that turns it on/off at AFL HQ.

Am i right here Kingy?

Go Catters

Last edited:
AGREE 10000% - demand a recount but ill settle for one more replay of this

As for KROCK post game... good luck friend. We are totally at the whim of the work experience kid that turns it on/off at AFL HQ.

Go Catters

I think think the Rock rocked the call the Torpedo ...although from my position behind the goals my impression was he did not get all of it ..I think he left 5 to 10 M on the table

Chris Scott was noticeable less "acerbic Chris" and more "erudite Chris" this week, philosophising about the game length etc., I suspect no matter what he says the win has taken a little bit of pressure off. At the presser mentioned ..he was shown social media comments about DHouse. Do you think he was talking about BigFooty ..and does that mean the club monitors negative comments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think think the Rock rocked the call the Torpedo ...although from my position behind the goals my impression was he did not get all of it ..I think he left 5 to 10 M on the table

Chris Scott was noticeable less "acerbic Chris" and more "erudite Chris" this week, philosophising about the game length etc., I suspect no matter what he says the win has taken a little bit of pressure off. At the presser mentioned ..he was shown social media comments about DHouse. Do you think he was talking about BigFooty ..and does that mean the club monitors negative comments?

I suspect Scott wouldn't give a rat's what negative comments emanate from BF...

why make a comment about social media at all..?
There's been a screenshot (sorry can't remember which thread it was posted on) which showed Dahlhaus calling out someone on social media who had clearly taken some cheap shots at him - not sure if said comments by the other person were via PM or for public viewing

Maybe Scott was asked about that exchange and thus why social media was bought up

There's been a screenshot (sorry can't remember which thread it was posted on) which showed Dahlhaus calling out someone on social media who had clearly taken some cheap shots at him - not sure if said comments by the other person were via PM or for public viewing

Maybe Scott was asked about that exchange and thus why social media was bought up

Thats a bit poor... A twitter type thing..? although Id have to ask why would player want to get into that sort of exchange.

Hi all,

Thursday recording this week 9;30am

Get us your questions when you can.

Cheers

Last edited:
Lads...

I cant express the sadness regarding the news around Frank Costa.
You all know im a mad Cats fans... I never met him but I feel like Ive lost an iconic uncle.
Many will express better than I can about his impact and what he did for the club - but suffice to say Geelong is a poorer place today in his absence.
Condolences to the Costa Family, the Club and Cats fans everywhere.

Talk about losing the pillars of the club.
Wellsy potentially stepping way, Cookie leaving at seasons end and Frank and Vic Fuller both passing

Thats a lot of loss in one season. Thats also a lot of Bronze to melt for the statues out front of KP for those 3.

On a lighter note... Did Benny lose the plot entirely thru the Bengals 2021 NFL draft? Has he bought his Burrow and Chase jumpers yet?!?!

As for the Cats.. bad kicking is bad footy and that cost us. Yes you can point to many small factors, the JC non mark the most obvious, but we kick better thru the game and it does not matter.

If we play that game we played vs the Swans against the Tigers this Friday and kick better... will it be enough to win? Point being.. is better accuracy enough to get us home or do we need to lift another gear?

Cheers lads

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hi Ben & Kingy, long time listener, first time question asker:

It was not quite as obvious in the Sydney game as the Melbourne game where the Dees routinely took on the Geelong tackler, but do you feel that opposition teams don’t really rate Geelong’s physicality? This current crop is not exactly full of uncompromising types and Selwood might be the only one truly in that mould. Milburn, Scarlett, Chapman, Ling come to mind from our recent flag era. We know Stanley’s limitations in this area which again set a bad tone. Not saying we are soft, just that we are missing the ruthless competitors that seem to be part of most great sides.

Hi all,

Thursday recording this week 9;30am

Get us your questions when you can.

Cheers

Firstly condolences to the costa family, frank was a great man

Feels like a broken record but the ruck situation is diabolical. We all know Stanley isn’t going to get a million hit outs, but generally he’s pretty good at following up after the initial contest. But hickey beat him at his own game. They way hickey strolled out of the middle was a sad indictment on our midfield, as surely 1 of the four players in there could have pressured him.
Do we go to fort, who was arguably our best player in vfl?
Having said that, our inside 50 entries was a massive reason for the loss. Some of the kicking was atrocious to say the least. Hawkins hasn’t been in the greatest form but he must be frustrated with balls going over his head and at his feet.

Looking towards Richmond, surely we can not use blitz in the ruck. Hopefully kolo is back to take jack, and blitz to Lynch. Should Martin play, could jack henry be the man to take him? Should match for strength and speed, only issue would be when Martin plays in middle.
Jack’s form, along with Brad close, have been really good last 2 weeks

And finally, i really like the word nuance

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back