No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Thought Eddie spoke nonsense and like Trump and Kane was the only one trying to talk calmly and with logic. (amazingly). Best mate a pies supporter and was horribly embarrassed by Eddie there.

“You don’t talk on behalf of Collingwood fans, I do” says disgraced former President

Was his initial reply.
All I saw was Kane continually talking over the top of Eddie (who was trying to talk civilly) in order to avoid letting Eddie embarrass him further. In the end Eddie had enough and bit back. We all know Eddie is passionate about the Pies, nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brackets

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I actually agree with Eddie/Pies fans. If Collingwood came out with an all black jumper with a white ‘CFC’ logo on it, we’d all hit the roof.
Do people really feel this way. It's a game of entertainment that relies on fans - if it's an important part of their history then honor it.

Pies could come out with our team photo on their guernsey for all I'd care.

Personally I'm not reminded of Collingwood when I look at the prison bar jumper, and that's without even being conditioned to it representing Port.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
It was farcical how dark Melbourne’s jumper was a couple of years ago and we were forced to wear the away jumper when if they just stayed with the historical colour there would be no clash at all

It's an absolute disgrace that clubs (Melbourne, Port, Freo) can decide to change their jumpers so that they clash with ours, and then we're forced to wear white.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's an absolute disgrace that clubs (Melbourne, Port, Freo) can decide to change their jumpers so that they clash with ours, and then we're forced to wear white.
Every club needs to get with the time and have a decent clash strip. Used to hate the white jumper but now it doesn't worry me.

Tigers had to play in their clash strip in a GF and now after winning their first Flag in 37 years now they have no problem with it and actually generated significant revenue.

AFL needs to put their foot down with the Pies and inform them that their clash jumper is unsuitable. Stamp out the clown show about not changing their traditional jumper, but if I recall the traditional jumper did not include any sponsorship.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Do people really feel this way. It's a game of entertainment that relies on fans - if it's an important part of their history then honor it.

Pies could come out with our team photo on their guernsey for all I'd care.

Personally I'm not reminded of Collingwood when I look at the prison bar jumper, and that's without even being conditioned to it representing Port.
Manufactured angst.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
I’m on the pies side, we should be as loud and arrogant when it comes to the colour navy blue.

It was farcical how dark Melbourne’s jumper was a couple of years ago and we were forced to wear the away jumper when if they just stayed with the historical colour there would be no clash at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WC Eagles did it years back, changed their jumper from light blue to a dark royal blue, played at Subi, opposition players hand balling to each other, great to watch :rolleyes:. Port knew what they were coming into, great acknowledge the past but embrace the future, create their own legacy and history.

blueycarlton

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2008
carnegie
AFL Club
Carlton
Melbourne originally wore navy blue and red. When colour TV came in during the 1970's they changed the blue to a lighter shade to "look good"on TV.

Why were Freo allowed to change their colours?
Part of the League's agreement on them joining was they had to wear a non used colour, ie: green.
They should have to wear a clash jumper or revert to their original design when playing all games against Carlton.

Port Power on joining the AFL agreed to different colours than PA. They should have to stick with their agreement.
Adelaide never played in the SANFL neither did Port Power, so heritage does not come into it.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Every club needs to get with the time and have a decent clash strip. Used to hate the white jumper but now it doesn't worry me.

Tigers had to play in their clash strip in a GF and now after winning their first Flag in 37 years now they have no problem with it and actually generated significant revenue.

AFL needs to put their foot down with the Pies and inform them that their clash jumper is unsuitable. Stamp out the clown show about not changing their traditional jumper, but if I recall the traditional jumper did not include any sponsorship.

If clubs didn't change their jumpers, there would be very few clashes, and they could be mostly avoided with the sensible use of shorts and socks.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
It's their history, why is Collingwoods more important than theirs? I don't see. Why they can't wear it in games that have nothing to do with victoriana clubs, let alone just Collingwood. Let the fans and team connect with their history.

Because their colours in the AFL are not black and white and not has any jumper been stripes...they’re teal, black and white.

So why don’t they just have the bars in the jumper coloured teal? I’m sure that’s a compromise that everybody would agree too

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
If Port want to wear a traditional jumper a couple of times a year, home game, not against the Pies, I can't see why it's an issue

I think everybody knows why, they win that battle then they will push for it to be every home game not involving Collingwood and then every game not involving Collingwood and then they just become Collingwood and remove the teal colour completely.

Business 101, fight the fight of the time, win it and then move onto the next step of your plan before eventually you get to where you want to get to. Black and white prison bars and no colour teal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Patton #1, McCartin #1, Boyd #1, Schache #2

Are clubs going to risk taking a KPF that early in the draft again?

Goes back to Gumbleton at 2 and Hansen at 3 as well. Jack Watts at #1 too.

The Kings are looking good and Josh Kennedy at 4 was a good pick. JUH will be the next one under the microscope.
So we’re the lucky ones with Jacob Weitering.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Wasn't there an agreement that allowed them to wear it in the old heritage round? If so, the agreement can be challenged, that there is an agreement to allow then to wear it once a year, despite the removal of said heritage round

Yeah for a heritage game, what heritage have they got with the crows again?

in the same agreement signed they said they wouldn’t use it for commercial purposes and yet half the *ing crowd are wearing their non AFL jumper to games. Collingwood should sue the fkrs, take em to court and put it to bed once and for all

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees

It’s bullshit, you want to change your jumper that’s fine but if you create a clash in doing so then you forfeit the right to wear it against the teams you are now clashing with

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah for a heritage game, what heritage have they got with the crows again?

in the same agreement signed they said they wouldn’t use it for commercial purposes and yet half the f*n crowd are wearing their non AFL jumper to games. Collingwood should sue the fkrs, take em to court and put it to bed once and for all

Could they be Port SANFL jumpers?

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Nope, dead s**t Cornes even agreed they’d made jumpers for commercial purposes. He said only about 4000 of them, there’s a crapload more than that

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Nope, dead sh*t Cornes even agreed they’d made jumpers for commercial purposes. He said only about 4000 of them, there’s a crapload more than that

“Did they knit them” - Eddie. 😂

This whole Port/Collingwood thing has to be one of the more ridiculous over-reactions to a complete non-story that I've seen.

The AFL will dock Port of premiership points if they decide to wear the prison bars? I call bullshit. Port should call their bluff.

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
This whole Port/Collingwood thing has to be one of the more ridiculous over-reactions to a complete non-story that I've seen.

The AFL will dock Port of premiership points if they decide to wear the prison bars? I call bullshit. Port should call their bluff.
I agree. If the contract clause is based upon being able to wear it on a particular round per year, and yet signatories of that contract knew the round was soon to be abolished, hence making the clause obsolete, id argue that they didn't enter the contract in good faith.

Nope, dead sh*t Cornes even agreed they’d made jumpers for commercial purposes. He said only about 4000 of them, there’s a crapload more than that

They're stored in a DHL hub alongside seven thousand crates of * 1999 premiership stubby holders.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Melbourne originally wore navy blue and red. When colour TV came in during the 1970's they changed the blue to a lighter shade to "look good"on TV.

Why were Freo allowed to change their colours?
Part of the League's agreement on them joining was they had to wear a non used colour, ie: green.
They should have to wear a clash jumper or revert to their original design when playing all games against Carlton.

Port Power on joining the AFL agreed to different colours than PA. They should have to stick with their agreement.
Adelaide never played in the SANFL neither did Port Power, so heritage does not come into it.
You're so right & in relation to Freo, they joined the competition with a purple, green & white guernsey. This did not clash with our Navy Blue & White guernsey. Somewhere along the line the green has disappeared, the white is barely there & the purple has changed to look very similar to Navy Blue. The AFL need to remind Freo (& Port) what colours they are actually meant to wear,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back