Recommitted Sam Weideman [re-signed for 2 more years]

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Out of contract this year. Good form in the VFL, behind Ben Brown, Luke Jackson and Tom McDonald in the AFL.

Essendon, North Melbourne and Collingwood all hungry for a key-forward, and he will cost a bag of chips.

Not sure he would be all that cheap, but is out of contract. He is quite a promising player if he has learnt to kick straight.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
My one and only match at the MCG was the Melbourne v Geelong elimination final in 2018. He looked like he was ready to take that next step into top liner status.

He’s not there, obviously, but at 24 he’s really about to enter his prime as a key forward. I think any club in need of a key forward would be crazy not to be in his ear. Collingwood, in particular would have better success getting him than Petracca, IMO.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Lol nah he ain't going cheap. He hasn't been in the team because of injury and no shame if Brown gets the call up before him as one of the best KPFs of the last 5 years

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Don't think the Dees will willingly let him go unless he wanted more opportunity elsewhere.

He always seems to play well/kick a bag when he plays Carlton.

Think he will better off not being the main go to guy in the Dees forward line, play the Robin to Ben Brown's Batman.

dragonForce78

Draftee
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol nah he ain't going cheap. He hasn't been in the team because of injury and no shame if Brown gets the call up before him as one of the best KPFs of the last 5 years
Are you not paying attention or something? He wasn't even getting a game with Ben Brown out of the team.

He's not in the best 22, he's uncontracted, he's not worth much.

Nope. He's not getting a game and he's uncontracted, he's worth little to nothing right now.
He missed 12 weeks with stress fractures and has been back playing for 3 weeks

Obviously with the team unbeaten it has meant he just needs to bide his time before going back up to the 1s

Was our best KPF last year and will end up playing most of the year in the ones

Worth a bag of chips?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
He missed 12 weeks with stress fractures and has been back playing for 3 weeks

Obviously with the team unbeaten it has meant he just needs to bide his time before going back up to the 1s

Was our best KPF last year and will end up playing most of the year in the ones

Worth a bag of chips?

Can he play with the talls and now you have added Brown?

Can he play with the talls and now you have added Brown?
Don't know tbh

But the original plan was for Mcdonald to be more a wingman with Brown &Weid playing as the KPFs and Jackson roaming

We will see that at some stage but obviously McDonald's form put that plan on hold

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turned it off at half time last night, surprised he didn't kick 10 given what he was up against. Did they rest him in the second half?

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would 100% try and take him at the pies. I have no clue what notable assets we possess though but if he continues to not get games, his value will drop.

Back