NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Aaron Rodgers "could be traded this weekend."
Florio's report is via a "source with knowledge of dynamics." Meanwhile, FOX's Jay Glazer reports he believes Rodgers is "strongly convicted that he doesn’t want to go back to Packers." ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rodgers' unhappiness is "about way more than a new contract." The Packers are predictably putting on a brave public face and insisting Rodgers will remain with the team for 2021. Piecing together past hour of reports, it would appear the sides were engaged in rocky extension talks that have since broken down, seemingly all the way down. If Rodgers is truly available as early as this weekend, it greatly complicates the 49ers' plans at No. 3 overall, while the Panthers are another obvious possibility. This story seems to have jet fuel behind it, so we should learn more as Thursday rolls on.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Apr 29, 2021, 3:56 PM ET
49ers enquired about him before trading up to pick 3 too

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last draft day Rodgers was on aying he hoped for a playmaker to be drafted in the first round, then they drafted his replacement

Now this draft day they piss him off so much he wants to leave

Pick 3, Jimmy G and other players offered to the Packers last night and was rejected

Would think ball is in Packers court. Rodgers desperately wants an extension so by reason is he really prepared to sit a year out at age 37? Very risky. Meanwhile Packers have Love on the bench waiting

Would think ball is in Packers court. Rodgers desperately wants an extension so by reason is he really prepared to sit a year out at age 37? Very risky. Meanwhile Packers have Love on the bench waiting
This is an oversimplification

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3, Jimmy G and other players offered to the Packers last night and was rejected

Supposedly not true

Seems the Packers offered an extension though.. I think he has completely chucked the shits

Seems the Packers offered an extension though.. I think he has completely chucked the shits
Just read that elsewhere…ok he must be having a tanty then.

Can’t be that he’s pissed off with Love move? Explain your response further.
It’s not just some random punter sitting out and some world beater QB being on the field

It’s the reigning MVP and an untried basically rookie.

Rodgers has plenty of clout here

well the Pack could pay Love and Jimmy G for less than half of A-Rod's yearly salary and try to attend to a few holes (like their secondary) with the leftover $$$
Take pick 3 and on trade to QB desperate team

It’s not just some random punter sitting out and some world beater QB being on the field

It’s the reigning MVP and an untried basically rookie.

Rodgers has plenty of clout here

I'm a bit on the fence. I'm frustrated they haven't done everything they can to keep Rodgers happy, because he clearly requires extra attention than your normal player, but you can also argue that they have done a shitload for him.

Also which teams have a better chance at a title in the next say 3 years? Packers are stacked for this season at least.

I'm a bit on the fence. I'm frustrated they haven't done everything they can to keep Rodgers happy, because he clearly requires extra attention than your normal player, but you can also argue that they have done a shitload for him.

Also which teams have a better chance at a title in the next say 3 years? Packers are stacked for this season at least.

I’m not defending him at all. It’s just a complex matter and Rodgers holds a lot of the cards.

They may have done all that, but no chance Brady ever had this happen to him in the first round without any prior warning.

I’m not defending him at all. It’s just a complex matter and Rodgers holds a lot of the cards.

They may have done all that, but no chance Brady ever had this happen to him in the first round without any prior warning.

True. Wasn't the Brady/Belicheck relationship extremely strained their last few seasons anyway?

Don't really know what to think about all this. Shithouse to wake up to. I'm mad at both sides.

It all makes the Adams negotiations harder too.

The whole thing could unravel very quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back