Position 2021 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I'm planning on grabbing every bargain I can and hopefully one more SP mid. I've missed a lot of the carnage and will still be down to 21 trades after getting May with 5/7 upgrades left depending on if Ziegull and Impey last.
Zieb and Impey are free premos, make no mistake about it. There is no chance their scoring slows down to the point of them not being keepers any more. Worst case you'll get a ~90 average, which is fine for F5 and F6.

So if you started with both, or started with 1 and then brought the other in before the first price rise, you've saved yourself at least 4 or 3 trades on upgrades.

So priority now is to get rid of the s**t rookie scores, pick up bargains, then with the extra trades later in the year, you can turn May into Mills, or Heppell into Titch, or Bolton into Danger, etc

Others may see it differently, but with the above and the fact that rookies are regularly pumping out 20s/30s/40s, that's how I'm seeing it.

Zieb and Impey are free premos, make no mistake about it. There is no chance their scoring slows down to the point of them not being keepers any more. Worst case you'll get a ~90 average, which is fine for F5 and F6.

So if you started with both, or started with 1 and then brought the other in before the first price rise, you've saved yourself at least 4 or 3 trades on upgrades.

So priority now is to get rid of the sh*t rookie scores, pick up bargains, then with the extra trades later in the year, you can turn May into Mills, or Heppell into Titch, or Bolton into Danger, etc

Others may see it differently, but with the above and the fact that rookies are regularly pumping out 20s/30s/40s, that's how I'm seeing it.
This is how I blindly keep my telling myself everything is ok as I burn another 2 trades this week.

So priority now is to get rid of the sh*t rookie scores, pick up bargains, then with the extra trades later in the year, you can turn May into Mills, or Heppell into Titch, or Bolton into Danger, etc

Yeah got to get shittrucks like Rowe off field.

Started with both Impey and Ziegull. Agree their scoring should be solid, both are good chances of getting injured imo, and I suspect Ziebell's role will change at some point, but that matters less now his price is so high. If he keeps seagulling around all season he'll be a top 5 player overall, which is crazy.

Yeah got to get shittrucks like Rowe off field.

Started with both Impey and Ziegull. Agree their scoring should be solid, both are good chances of getting injured imo, and I suspect Ziebell's role will change at some point, but that matters less now his price is so high. If he keeps seagulling around all season he'll be a top 5 player overall, which is crazy.

I don't see Ziebs role changing at all this year. When your team is getting smashed every week and the ball pretty much residing in your defensive 50 for much of the game, you want your leader there on the front line, not hiding out in North's Fwd 50 doing sweet f'all.

I don't see Ziebs role changing at all this year. When your team is getting smashed every week and the ball pretty much residing in your defensive 50 for much of the game, you want your leader there on the front line, not hiding out in North's Fwd 50 doing sweet f'all.
Hope you're right. He's in 56% of teams now so he's not that relevant anyway. Unless you're brave enough to put the C on him.

North board are pretty happy with him there also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we like Steven May for under 400k next week? Pro vs Con. Discuss.

Pro - Don't have to field another gimp Rookie. Plays for a finals contender. Does free points for kick-ins.

Con - Never average 100 in a season. Tend to be injury prone (only last year he got through that unscathed)

Can he average 95ish from here forth?

Pro - Don't have to field another gimp Rookie. Plays for a finals contender. Does free points for kick-ins.

Con - Never average 100 in a season. Tend to be injury prone (only last year he got through that unscathed)

He has a breakeven of 129, looks a good upgrade target for Chappy

I'm getting him next week. Underpriced by at least 100k. Can't miss a bargain like that. I'm aiming for a few of these underpriced players to complete my team asap.

As you say it gets a rookie off field.

He might not score that well vs North this week, so might get him even cheaper the week after.

Forget to mention a Con - Jiska has him so he will end up getting injured in a few weeks with the rate of injury his team is sustianing.
Pro. Jiska owns him, so when he tonnes up and he acts like a smug prick we can all say we own him too.

I'll look at grabbing him next week, but I might wait one more week after that. Don't think he'll get much over $400k and I think Kozi/Highmore will have more another week of good money making (double what May will go up).

Unless there's a bunch of stud rookies to come out of nowhere, the overall cash gen to bring in the best players in every line is going to be very tough. Getting tougher every week with players dropping like flies as well.

May at 390k for a 90-95 average is the type of move that allows players to focus their funds on the areas that score the most (midfield).

More than happy for him to be my D6 :thumbsu:

Unless there's a bunch of stud rookies to come out of nowhere, the overall cash gen to bring in the best players in every line is going to be very tough. Getting tougher every week with players dropping like flies as well.

May at 390k for a 90-95 average is the type of move that allows players to focus their funds on the areas that score the most (midfield).

Agree with this. Heeney will sub $400k next week too. Another one to consider for the same reason.

Agree with this. Heeney will sub $400k next week too. Another one to consider for the same reason.
Cats and Dees up next, you expect losses and low scores (since he's basically playing as a full time forward). Then they have a nice run of games, Pies, Dockers, Blues, Saints and Hawks, a few very winnable games. I'll look at him before the Pies game if I need a quick, cheap upgrade

Agree

May, Heeney, Dusty at heavily discounted prices are a must this year. Need to position trades to be able to pounce once at rock bottom

CJ at 440k this week is also a tempting option

I'll look at grabbing him next week, but I might wait one more week after that. Don't think he'll get much over $400k and I think Kozi/Highmore will have more another week of good money making (double what May will go up).
Are you jumping off Maynard?

Are you jumping off Maynard?
Nope, committed to holding him until his bye at least, see if his scoring improves. If it doesn't then I'll boot him for the in-form player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back