Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that he has recommitted. There were lots of clubs circling and I expected him to wait until end of year.
Could be a ploy by Crows to give them leverage if/when a club comes for him as he is contracted. Schache signed an extension and requested a trade at years end. Or possibly as he hasn't been killing it happy to take a 2 year contract extension to prove his worth

Could be a ploy by Crows to give them leverage if/when a club comes for him as he is contracted. Schache signed an extension and requested a trade at years end. Or possibly as he hasn't been killing it happy to take a 2 year contract extension to prove his worth
That was the exception not the norm. I think we have to take the contract on face value or we could be debating every player that re-signs. My gut feeling is there wasn’t as much interest as he’d hoped.

Daicos is currently favourite for pick 1. Awesome talent, not sure anyone else in this draft is close to his level.
Horne has a much better defensive, two-way running game. Daicos is a ridiculous talent though.

It's a very midfielder-flanker dominated draft so I'd be happy to pick pick 18 on the table for a need (ideally, KPD) and try and move a few fringe players on for points to match Darcy & McPherson and hopefully Raak.

The interest was there, the money/contract length wasn't.
Yeah often the teams and managers will take the angle of getting the contract that you want then if the player wants to be traded they already have a good contract. Otherwise if they get traded without a contract they may have to accept less to get to the team that they want.
Could be a disincentive for the other teams to trade which is probably what the current club is hoping for.

I will be in the minority, but Weideman would fit nicely along side Naughton and JUH.

If we didnt have Bruce, I think we would have been all over him.
English fits nicely alongside them too

We have a 1st and 4th round pick this year. I'd be keen to look at KPD options with the first rounder on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be weird to not be linked to every out of contract KPF for once.
That trope finally ran out of steam last year when a grasping media linked us to Mason Cox.

Truly the bottom of the barrel.

As much as I have disliked seeing Scott and McNeil in the team, they have been better than quite a few last night. They didn’t shy away from contact. Need more pressure players in the team.

Time to move on from players like Schache & JJ. Wallis is a better KPF than Schache.
Scott played one of his best games yet last night - for one of the first times this season I can confidently say he's done enough that he shouldn't be in the frame for dropping. Honestly, while West was definitely overdue for a call up, I feel McNeil probably would've been a better choice. Still, I do hope we give West another run next week so can find some continuity.

Fully agree about Schache and JJ. Dale and Scott have enough pace down back, then with Vandermeer and McNeil semi-regularly featuring, JJ's pace becomes less vital. He's not a good enough defender, not a good enough user, and doesn't break lines often enough to justify his spot anymore. At his age, it's tough to justify him being in the side ahead of a fit Richards. Schache could have a great VFL career. Could even see him winning a competition best and fairest at some point. Just can't see him having any success in our system, and will have to get lucky to find the right spot for him. Just seems to lack hunger and intensity

Is Sam Taylor (GWS) big enough and good enough for a KPD ???? Not sure on contract status etc, just wondering on others thoughts....
Contracted for 2022. Doubt we'd be able to poach a GWS player honestly, but if we could then Taylor would be close to top of my list. Absolutely think he could handle the KPD role, and would probably fit in alongside Keath and Gardner rather than pushing Gards out

Darcy Moore just had 5 kicks, 4 marks and 1 behind from 87% TOG. And this is against Gold Coast, whose ruck/KPD stocks are just about in crisis mode.

Last year, he was the All Australian CHB. It is beyond me why Collingwood insists on wasting the best defender in the competition up forward. He kicked 5 goals in a game (against us) back in 2015 at the age of 19, but since then has not kicked more than 3 in a game despite spending all of 2015 - 2017 as a forward.

The Pies have a dude who could be one of the best defenders of this generation, or could be an average key forward, and they opt for the latter. He should absolutely be exploring his options at the end of this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back