Review Round 7 vs Collingwood @ MCG (01.05.21 - 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

If that’s the case then smith trained in red with the other main players today
That's what I'm thinking. It's why I asked lol

Pies are going young, we are blooding another debutant. Caleb Poulter. Will play wing.

Suns a very strong chance now.

I'm not sure how it works at the suns with main training. But can you usually take anything in with who is wearing the red/blue training guernseys?

If that’s the case then smith trained in red with the other main players today
Yeah main squad are red
Not only that, but check out this excerpt from a Fox Sports article released a little over an hour ago:
GOLD COAST could get a massive boost in the ruck department after Zac Smith’s successful return in the VFL.

Smith played his first game for the season over the weekend and has pushed his case to be called up into the senior side.

“Zac’s pulled up really well, he played well and finished a full game in the VFL,” Head physiotherapist Lindsay Bull said.

“He’ll train fully this week and then it will be up to the coaches and Zac as to where he plays his football this weekend.”
Definitely starting to sound like Smith is going to play. It's a huge in for us if he does!

You'd have to assume Graham would be the one to make way for Smith...

Not only that, but check out this excerpt from a Fox Sports article released a little over an hour ago:

Definitely starting to sound like Smith is going to play. It's a huge in for us if he does!

You'd have to assume Graham would be the one to make way for Smith...
No room for Graham in the backline? Was he onlly bought in for the ruck role?

No room for Graham in the backline? Was he only bought in for the ruck role?
Graham was brought in specifically to play in the ruck but was also given the opportunity to play down back when Ballard missed a game. Now Ballard is back and Graham feels like excess if Smith is returning.

I'm just not sure who else you'd drop instead of Graham. Your typical names that would be on the chopping block like Holman, Lemmens, Corbett etc all played well against the Swans. So unfortunately I think Crab is the unlucky one this week if Smith is deemed ready.

Graham was brought in specifically to play in the ruck but was also given the opportunity to play down back when Ballard missed a game. Now Ballard is back and Graham feels like excess if Smith is returning.

I'm just not sure who else you'd drop instead of Graham. Your typical names that would be on the chopping block like Holman, Lemmens, Corbett etc all played well against the Swans. So unfortunately I think Crab is the unlucky one this week if Smith is deemed ready.

Would love something like...

Out: Graham
In: Smith

B. Lemmens, Collins, Farrar
HB. Burgess, Ballard, Markov
C. Ellis, Greenwood, Lukosius
HF. Ainsworth, Corbett, Holman
F. Rankine, King, Flanders

R. Smith, Miller, Swallow

Int: Bowes, Anderson, Weller, Powell.

Sub: Sexton

Emg. Brodie, Fiorini, Graham.

Collins - Moore

Ballard - Cameron

Burgess - Mihocek

Farrar - De Goey

Holman - Crisp

Greenwood - Pendlebury

Bowes - Midfield rotations to add more firepower through the guts.

Burgess help ruck in defence.
Corbett help ruck up forward.

Collins - Moore

Ballard - Cameron

Burgess - Mihocek

Farrar - De Goey

Holman - Crisp

Greenwood - Pendlebury

Was thinking burgess forward but looking at their forward line you’re probably right,, he should be played back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking burgess forward but looking at their forward line you’re probably right,, he should be played back.

Yep, 3 talls back for cover.
Greenwood nullify Pendleberry.
Holman fwd tag on Crisp rebounds.
Give Farrar a shot at De Goey.
And I think the rest will take care of itself hopefully.

Last edited:
If Farrar has the endurance I'd like to see him on Mihocek, Lemmens to De Goey. Leave Collins and Ballard to zone off, cover Cameron and Grundy when resting fwd. Keen as for this one. Zac Smith has something to prove to this club.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collins - Moore

Ballard - Cameron

Burgess - Mihocek

Farrar - De Goey

Holman - Crisp

Greenwood - Pendlebury

Farrar giving up nearly 15kgs?

I've seen a few in the media (and the commentary team on Fox Footy tonight) label this game our 'Grand Final' because it's our only game at the MCG this year and the ramifications of a win or a loss are obvious. I just really hope our boys full grasp how big this one is, now only for the 2021 season, but also for our future. We need to know we can go to a venue like the MCG and beat a team like the struggling 17th placed Pies. We also need to back up four quarter performances with more four quarter performances.

These moments that allow a team to make a statement on the biggest stage of them all don't come around very often so let's hope everyone understands that!

Hi sorry for disturbing, but has Touk Miller played tagging/defensive roles this year? Been very prolific, so was just wondering if he's past the tagger stage and moved on to become more of an offensive playmaker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back