Club History Take the 4 point penalty. Then Win 3 flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignoring my poor attempt at the photoshop and some misalignment, could we have a new design similar to this?

I can’t see us ever getting the full prison bars as a regular kit over the line when a big vic club like Collingwood is involved.

So in saying that, could we merge our current with the V stripes which fades into the prison bars?

This adds the teal which we always hear is needed to distinguish between and I think is a good representation of our clubs recent AFL history while acknowledging our past history.

View attachment 1114904
Leave the front as it currently is and put the PB theme on the back below the number.
The front is who we are today, whats behind is where weve come from.

Is it actually true that when we were planning our AFL entry we were told Black, White & Silver wasn't different enough and to add another colour? I don't want to mess with the PB's but I'm not sure a silver PB design would get approval for those that like the idea.

This is not a legal issue- the AFL could decide tomorrow that we can wear the PB never, twice a year, all home games or every game and there is nothing anyone could do about it.

This is not a Collingwood issue- there is no evidence that (1) us wearing the PB has any commercial or other effect on the CFC- zero, zilch, nada, none, (2) there is no evidence that anyone confuses the two guernsies- I know Collingwood supporter are stupid but the evidence suggests not even they confuse the two.

This is a respect issue- this is only about one issue and one issue alone- the AFL‘s lack of respect for our heritage and how important this jumper is to that. AFL House either does not know or does not care about the depth of feeling this jumper has engendered in true Port Adelaide people. If AFL House knew, if AFL house cared, its stance would be different.

The AFL has chosen to accept the baseless concerns of a small minority of Collingwood people who wrongly assert that us wearing our guernsey has any effect on them, over the deep held wishes of the vast majority of the Port faithful. This is not an independent decision by an independent parent organisation. This is nepotistic favouritism by a biased organisation that favours one of its supposedly equal children over the other.

This is purely and simply a matter of disrespect of our heritage by McLachlan and his Carbine Club mates.

And if that fight achieves nothing other than pissing off the VFL what do you think the fallout would be?
If you were a young guy on the list would you be content knowing that your chances of realising the dream is deminished, its already tough enough.
If you were a Travis Boak or Ollie Wines would you be happy having committed to a club thats then sabotaged your future and if you were the next generation would you be keen to come over seeing how those before you have been shafted.
C'mon, i get the fight, but you have to pick your opponant and battleground wisely as some fights can be had, the outcome uncertain, but the war still rages long after.
Pissing off the VFL 😂😂😂.

Why are people worried about that, they’ve literally told us to * off.

There are genuine wets here!

What fallout will there be? That they cheat to ensure we lose? What’s the point in being in such a comp then, as us winning won’t be on merit if they are manipulating like that.

Is it actually true that when we were planning our AFL entry we were told Black, White & Silver wasn't different enough and to add another colour? I don't want to mess with the PB's but I'm not sure a silver PB design would get approval for those that like the idea.
The adding a colour is a clever ploy by Eddie, once we agree to it, they’ll still say no and the heritage argument is totally lost.

Pissing off the VFL 😂😂😂.

Why are people worried about that, they’ve literally told us to fu** off.

There are genuine wets here!

What fallout will there be? That they cheat to ensure we lose? What’s the point in being in such a comp then, as us winning won’t be on merit if they are manipulating like that.
If being realistic makes me a 'wet' then so be it, but lets not forget, Ed admityed on Wednesday night that they only gave us the PB strip in 07 for heritage rounds because he knew it was being abolished, if you need proof of manipulation thats it right there.

Wins may very well be on merit, but losses..
You prepared for that gamble?

The adding a colour is a clever ploy by Eddie, once we agree to it, they’ll still say no and the heritage argument is totally lost.

Bingo.

Any changes to the colour of the stripes, the shape or the addition of anything at all (ie Chevrons) will completely destroy the fabric of what we are fighting for.

If being realistic makes me a 'wet' then so be it, but lets not forget, Ed admityed on Wednesday night that they only gave us the PB strip in 07 for heritage rounds because he knew it was being abolished, if you need proof of manipulation thats it right there.

Wins may very well be on merit, but losses..
You prepared for that gamble?

How can the wins be on merit if you are saying they manipulate outcomes like this?
They can't be. Either the AFL control who wins and therefore its pointless, or they don't and there's nothing to fear.

I know it is not popular, but IMO we should add a colour to the "Bars" as the pure black & white stripes are the only reason that we have been refused. It will still play homage to our history, the Bars, and all it stands for, while still embracing the Power in the AFL.

The reality is that if we dont acquiesce to some degree, we could lose them forever.

How can the wins be on merit if you are saying they manipulate outcomes like this?
They can't be. Either the AFL control who wins and therefore its pointless, or they don't and there's nothing to fear.
Im saying our wins now are on merit, if we give them reason our lossrs may come more frequently due to manipulation of 'grey' areas.

Im saying our wins now are on merit, if we give them reason our lossrs may come more frequently due to manipulation of 'grey' areas.
If that happens, why bother at all.
The whole thing is a sham.

I know it is not popular, but IMO we should add a colour to the "Bars" as the pure black & white stripes are the only reason that we have been refused. It will still play homage to our history, the Bars, and all it stands for, while still embracing the Power in the AFL.

The reality is that if we dont acquiesce to some degree, we could lose them forever.

Can all these just be moved to the unpopular opinion thread.

It won't work and it will just weaken our argument.

Any bars variation that looks half decent will still involve black and white or black and grey stripes.

Eddie wont approve of it.

We will end up in the exact same situation but now with Eddie saying we were willing to abandon the black and white bars so why not just go teal and be done with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The designs are completely different and even with the colours being the same only a complete moron would not be able to tell the difference between a Port Adelaide and a Collingwood guernsey.

View attachment 1114795

When you think about this in reverse, I don't look at the Collingwood guernsey and think that it looks like the Prison Bars. I would never buy one thinking it was a close enough look to my team's guernsey. I would easily tell the difference watching a game who was playing. I wouldn't feel like my team is diminished in any way by the existence of the Collingwood guernsey. In fact, I'd probably be more likely to feel an affinity with the other club.

How is this such a big deal for Collingwood?
I get IP, I get branding, I get owning the space with your identity, but there's something extra here that doesn't quite add up.

The vast majority of Collingwood supporters I know don't give a s**t. They'll rib me about it sure, but if AFL had said yes, they'd be like, 'yeah whatever'.

Honestly it’s not a big deal for Collingwood - it’s a big deal for Eddie. He’s dug himself such a massive hole over this - I would argue it’s part of the reason he got sacked.

However what a spineless effort for the new president to be a complete green screen and offer no discourse other than “yeah what Eddie said”.

Can all these just be moved to the unpopular opinion thread.

It won't work and it will just weaken our argument.

Any bars variation that looks half decent will still involve black and white or black and grey stripes.

Eddie wont approve of it.

We will end up in the exact same situation but now with Eddie saying we were willing to abandon the black and white bars so why not just go teal and be done with it.
He has publicly said while President of the Wobbles that if Port used teal or silver in the bars it is not an issue with them. They are purely against Black & white only. Time to move on ... Acknowledge our past, and embrace the future.

He has publicly said while President of the Wobbles that if Port used teal or silver in the bars it is not an issue with them. They are purely against Black & white only. Time to move on ... Acknowledge our past, and embrace the future.
Its not a problem for him until we actually propose to do it. Not sure if you've noticed this but nothing McGuire says is truthful.

The reason Eddie's problem is still a Collinwood problem is that he still has a lot of political power in the CFC. As long as he has a bug up his arse about this, Collingwood will toe the line. Also, with his media power, he controls the after-football work opportunities for a lot of other public figures.

The reason Eddie's problem is still a Collinwood problem is that he still has a lot of political power in the CFC. As long as he has a bug up his arse about this, Collingwood will toe the line. Also, with his media power, he controls the after-football work opportunities for a lot of other public figures.

Is why Toss Lyon is sukn his dik

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you think about this in reverse, I don't look at the Collingwood guernsey and think that it looks like the Prison Bars. I would never buy one thinking it was a close enough look to my team's guernsey. I would easily tell the difference watching a game who was playing. I wouldn't feel like my team is diminished in any way by the existence of the Collingwood guernsey. In fact, I'd probably be more likely to feel an affinity with the other club.

How is this such a big deal for Collingwood?
I get IP, I get branding, I get owning the space with your identity, but there's something extra here that doesn't quite add up.

The vast majority of Collingwood supporters I know don't give a sh*t. They'll rib me about it sure, but if AFL had said yes, they'd be like, 'yeah whatever'.
Collingwood's argument is not really about jumper design like they would like to have us think, this is purely about black and white and it's no coincidence that it has become an issue at this time.
The Collingwood Footy Club is struggling on field, it has a sacked president with foot in mouth disease, a coach with a shaky future and draft and trade period disaster.
We can't have little old Port Adelaide doing it better in all areas, can we now.

He's also publicly said he has an issue with our away guernsey because it has no teal.

He's also publicly said he has an issue with our away guernsey because it has no teal.
The black & white chevrons make him froth no doubt about it, to have an issue with the silver is drifting into insanity as someone pointed out on the mainboard he cracked the shits over St. Kilda's candy stripe kit which predates Collingwood's existence.

Its not a problem for him until we actually propose to do it. Not sure if you've noticed this but nothing McGuire says is truthful.
Lets not be silly about this. It is the colours, it always has been about the colours - Black & white. St Kilda's jumper is clear evidence that they dont care about bars & stripes, as long as they are not purely Black & White.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back