Preview Round 7 2021: Richmond Vs Western Bulldogs 30/04 MCG 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day I have today....

2pm dentist - getting root canal🥺😬 (highly considering a joint before hand)

5pm - high on pain killers meet mates for dinner/drinks/ Richmond game!!🐯🐯

10pm - huge trance night at brown alley club for tea and bikkies 🤣🤣

6am - self admit to Alfred hospital

whats everyone else’s plans?
Shove a few White Aarts up your bum

What a day I have today....

2pm dentist - getting root canal (highly considering a joint before hand)

5pm - high on pain killers meet mates for dinner/drinks/ Richmond game!!

10pm - huge trance night at brown alley club for tea and bikkies

6am - self admit to Alfred hospital

whats everyone else’s plans?

This post has made my day haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cats?
Lions?
Cats away from home base are kittens.
Lions.If they couldn't win it last year when it was practically given to em on a plate they never going too.

Kane Cornes questioned Cotch's desire for the contest in the Dees game. I'm not happy with that comment. Cotch was down but the media should never question our captains desire. F.....BS for mine.

Cotch was caught flat footed because he didnt know which ruckman to rove to.

Not every tem has gawn playing for them.

I like Aarts

Leave him alone

Hes alright

I want to like him in the same way i liked Morris. A scrapper who made it onto an afl list through hard work.

He's got his limitations though and I can't see him lining up in the granny unless we have a spate of injuries.

If you are at the game tonight watch where he leads to. I don't think he gets in the right position. Now maybe he's been told to lead away from the fat side of the ground but if there's a turnover his man is off in a flash.

i mean the reason rioli is held to a higher standard than aarts probably has to do with the fact that they hes triple premiership player........

AArts is a limited footballer who tries, if we had a bloke killing it in his role in the 2s hed be playing, but we dont.

and we dont gift games to players based on name, hence MRJ will only come in when ready.

If match committee thought any of our VFL players would do a better job than Aarts theyd be playing

Can't wait for us to win the free kick count by 15 one day and we get to go over and tell the other team they just need to be more disciplined like us

I hope you are young. Cause that isn't going to happen for a damn long time.

Losing the free count by more than 30 will also be an amazing day

shemans fans still liking my posts a week later lol

#

I had them all come out on Facebook, I am completely shocked at that mob. They've literally embarrassed themselves this week. They've easily gone into the number 1 hated team. They've acted like a massive bunch of absolutely tossbags after beating us. They've done SFA.

i mean the reason rioli is held to a higher standard than aarts probably has to do with the fact that they hes triple premiership player........

AArts is a limited footballer who tries, if we had a bloke killing it in his role in the 2s hed be playing, but we dont.

and we dont gift games to players based on name, hence MRJ will only come in when ready.

If match committee thought any of our VFL players would do a better job than Aarts theyd be playing
This is a really good post I reckon, but also raises some interesting questions...

We cannot just gift games, especially not based on name (so MRJ needs more time to prove he's ready), but on the flipside should we continue to gift games to Aarts because we simply don't have a like for like replacement playing better than him? Because right now, Aarts playing is him being gifted games.

On performance alone, Aarts should not have been back in the side at all after being dropped following the QF loss to Brisbane. It wasn't just that game last year, and it wasn't just the Melbourne game this year, he just clearly isn't quite at the level and especially not in a premiership side looking to go again.

Right now he is being gifted games.

The question thus is, are we keeping him in solely for our preferred structure/system and is it hamstringing us?

Surely we could just bring in a better AFL level footballer (Ross could have been in the side sooner) who may not play the same position, and just restructure where necessary. I get that we play a system but we're 3 wins 3 losses, the system is having issues and could benefit from having its best possible players playing.

Caddy may or may not be cooked, he may or may not be in the bad books with Dimma due to attitude things we don't know about, but forgetting those things, if we are simply not selecting him because his role is now "defensive winger" and Pickett & McIntosh are ahead of him, then we are ******* kidding ourselves. Can you imagine how much better we'd look as a team right now if we had Caddy - a proven AFL level player - sitting in that forward line instead of Aarts? Again, I get the current issues with Caddy might be part of the reason he's out, but system shouldn't stop us playing our best, AFL level players.

For mine, this week Aarts should absolutely have been dropped. RCD was a forced in and probably still wasn't otherwise going to be considered, Ross was kind of a forced in too but he should probably be thereabouts anyway, has shown he has the goods at the level. I'd have brought in CCJ for Aarts. Support for Nank, another strong target forward to stretch a pretty small defence, and get to practicing two rucks again.

I know we are recent triple-premiers and we should trust the coaches, but surely we can still make mistakes, and continuing to play Aarts is one of them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for us to win the free kick count by 15 one day and we get to go over and tell the other team they just need to be more disciplined like us
I think I did that to the Pies last year. Naturally wasn't against us as we always end up -10 lol

I had them all come out on Facebook, I am completely shocked at that mob. They've literally embarrassed themselves this week. They've easily gone into the number 1 hated team. They've acted like a massive bunch of absolutely tossbags after beating us. They've done SFA.
I went to the game last weekend and my god, they’re actually worse than Collingwood/Port Adelaide/West Coast supporters.

They’ve done nothing and they think they’re it and a bit beating us in a Round 6 game. I hope we meet Melbourne in a knock out final, nothing would please me more than ending their season in September.

At least Collingwood and Port Adelaide have beaten us in games that actually matter, more than Melbourne’s done.

On the team overall I am reasonably happy with the midfield selections. We have actually replaced our midfield out with genuine mids. Ross, RCD are both genuine mids. It seemed in the past we were bringing in small forwards or more defenders when we lost midfielders. Looking at the Dogs team on paper, they have plenty of talent across the ground but let’s not pretend they are the complete team. Their defence particularly without Williams I don’t feel is on the level of Melbourne last week. English out is huge for them. His ability to get around the ground especially forward has been immense for the Dogs. They still have a very deep midfield even with Dunkley missing. A midfield of RCD, Ross, Edwards, Cotchin, Pickett & Graham lacks some polish but there’s plenty of grunt in there. Their midfield is clearly a notch above ours though Bont, Libba, Macrae, Bailey Smith, Hunter and they can throw in Treloar in there as well. We need a few of those to have off nights.

I went to the game last weekend and my god, they’re actually worse than Collingwood/Port Adelaide/West Coast supporters.

They’ve done nothing and they think they’re it and a bit beating us in a Round 6 game. I hope we meet Melbourne in a knock out final, nothing would please me more than ending their season in September.

At least Collingwood and Port Adelaide have beaten us in games that actually matter, more than Melbourne’s done.

i mean

the last time they were up and about it ended with them getting pantsed by west coast so badly theyve only just recovered 3 years later.

I am quietly confident of a good showing, we have always rebounded well over the last few seasons after tweaking the gameplan.
The I50 issues should be improved with players lowering their eyes more, and maybe zone at the stoppages instead of gang tackling against another team that can handball through it.

Whatever happens tonight, even if Aarts plays reasonably well, I'd like us to forego the idea that we must play 3 smalls despite talent, and select like this:

OUT: Aarts, Mansell (only cause Vlastuin is back)
IN: Dusty, Vlastuin

And then maybe Caddy as a forward/mid for one of RCD or Ross if they don't play amazingly.

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Edwards, Riewoldt, Bolton
Rioli, Lynch, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Graham
Ross, RCD, Short, Baker

Question, should we look different on paper to the 2020 GF side when everyone is back and fit, or is that still our best 22? How do we get an extra midfielder in the side and/or a second ruck? Do we go back to a 2019-esque defence (after we just made-do without Rance and didn't add a tall) and Astbury comes out, favouring Grimes-Broad-Balta as the three talls and bringing in a ruck or a mid?
Just not sure what our best side looks like atm, whether we need another midfielder who can win ball, a proper speedy small like MRJ if/when he's ready (eg. not Aarts), or even another marking mid-sized tall like Caddy if he ever gets to play there again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back