2nds Casey Demons 2021 Discussion

Did anyone hear during the commentary about Rosman’s running I think it was. I wasn’t listening properly at the time.

They mentioned something about him running something in 9 mins 30 seconds I believe, they mentioned something about the Tan track record which I’ve looked up is 10mins 8 seconds by Olympian Craig Mottram.

Surely he hasn’t ran the Tan in 9:30, does anyone know what this was? 3km?

Last edited:

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Did anyone hear during the commentary about Rosman’s running I think it was. I wa listening properly at the time.

They mentioned something about him running something in 9 mins 30 seconds I believe, they mentioned something about the Tan track record which I’ve looked up is 10mins 8 seconds by Olympian Craig Mottram.

9minute 3km which is nuts.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Did anyone hear during the commentary about Rosman’s running I think it was. I wasn’t listening properly at the time.

Super elite runner. How good is it to already have a guy who has the tank for AFL at 18! Get Choco to work closely with him next couple of years and he literally could be anything. He shows snippets of his marking ability and that left foot snap last night was elite. Long term prospect but showing some great signs.

From memory he runs the Tan in a bit over 11 minutes. Maybe 11:30 but that still seems too quick. But if he's running 9 flat for 3km it's possible.

Last edited:
Watching this, Sparrow looks unstoppable at this level.
Has a good footy brain and does all the basics to a really high level. Very good contested ball winner and then decision maker for someone his age. Looks great at the level and should translate up with experience you'd reckon. First time I've been excited by his prospects. Jeez the oppo were piss poor though

Yep, and that is completely comparable due to the plethora of tall forwards at North
which has what to do with him supposedly being injury prone exactly?

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
which has what to do with him supposedly being injury prone exactly?
It has to do with the fact that he has played injured or less than 100% for years, in part due to the fact that he was the only thing stopping Norf kicking a VFL level score.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne

Burgo said he's the best runner he's ever seen, or words to that effect.

It has to do with the fact that he has played injured or less than 100% for years, in part due to the fact that he was the only thing stopping Norf kicking a VFL level score.
ah ok, do we know that for a fact though?

And to be fair lots of players play with little niggles, it is hardly what I would call injury prone though

It's great that for the first time in a really long time we have depth and AFL quality players who can't break into the team. Its much better to be concerned about players wanting to leave at the end of the year for more opportunity rather than the last couple of years where we would have spuds like the Wagners getting games in the 1's because as s**t as they were they were better than the even shitter players

Plus we will get injuries at some stage during the year so having guys like Harmes, Weideman (who will get in the team anyway without injuries), Jetta, AVB, Bedford, Chandler ext to come up when needed is something more teams would envy

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ignoring depth, it is just nice that our top 5-6 players are impacting games consistently.
I've never understood people who say the bottom 6 in your 22 win you a flag. I mean i kind of get it. The bottom 6 has to play their role but the top 6 are the players who win you a flag. Gawn, Oliver, Trac, May, Langdon, Lever, Salem rarely play badly. Very consistent performers now.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Who plays full back / CHB at Casey, apart from Petty? Just thinking about the mid-season draft if Tomlinson is done...

Or any other key defenders in VFL / state leagues that are worth a look, perhaps ex-AFL?

Who plays full back / CHB at Casey, apart from Petty? Just thinking about the mid-season draft if Tomlinson is done...

Or any other key defenders in VFL / state leagues that are worth a look, perhaps ex-AFL?
Tough to find one considering we'll have the 18th pick. If there are any good ones they'll be gone. Thinking Daw might be looked at as a backman. Tmac back is a possibility, let's Weid in. Petty the clear one in and Joel Smith is constantly injured.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

he won our time trial in the pre season. once Choco keeps working on him reckon he'll be the best of the 3 we took last year

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Round 4 (H)

Casey v Sydney
Sunday, 9 May. 11:05am
Casey Fields
Broadcast: Kayo Freebies
Feels very weird playing a NSW team in the VFL. Last time the Demons played the Swans in the VFL was in the 80's IIRC Then again, they were called the South Melbourne Bloods. Its why I think it should have been renamed the EAFL . I'm probably thinking that if it is successful that there maybe an expansion into the future and probably means almost a US conference-style system.

Also last week we played North Melbourne, this week we are playing a team that was called South Melbourne.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Tbh I’m really happy all the 2020 draftees can develop at Casey with 0 pressure on them. None of them are close to having a mature body so it’s for the best as well imo. I’d be surprised if they even play this year barring injuries.
Alot of the cats draftees spend alot of the first year in the VFL developing
I think it's great, I hate the attitude of just 'play em'
They lose confidence in their ability to execute at the level

Back