Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Twitter and the rest of the Internet lighting up with reports Rodgers wants out.

49ers have enquired if pick 3 and other associated players and picks would get it done. Was informal and we rejected it.

Reports we told him pre-MVP 3 that we were going to trade him and then backed down on this after the season he had and this has destroyed the relationship beyond repair.

Jordan Love. A year later I’m still scratching my head and here we are with this s**t show.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like Denver. What a disaster. Losing your reigning MVP. As close to the SB as you can get. This really really sucks.
Apparently Denver aren't interested in him at this stage

But tbf there are rumors swirling everywhere

We only have ourselves to blame for this mess but Rapoport saying that Packers are not engaging with teams enquiring which encourages me.

$30 million in dead money if we trade him before June 2. Makes no sense from a financial standpoint either.

We only have ourselves to blame for this mess but Rapoport saying that Packers are not engaging with teams enquiring which encourages me.

$30 million in dead money if we trade him before June 2. Makes no sense from a financial standpoint either.

Yep, there was a 20 min period on twitter where a lot of the journos seemed to think a trade was happening but luckily there was no fire to the smoke.

You idiots, pissing off the most important player on your team. Don't blame him whatsoever for wanting out.

Even worse is it's something that could've been easily avoided.

Really poor communication skills from people who should understand how important communication is.

Speaking Thursday evening, Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said the team would not trade Aaron Rodgers.
“No, we’re not going to trade Aaron Rodgers," was Gutekunst's point blank comment. "He's our quarterback, he's our leader. We've been working through this for a little while now. It may take some time … But he gives us the best chance to win and we're going to work toward that end." That is not what Rodgers is leaking, but it sounds like the Packers are prepared to play hard ball. With the draft seeming to foreclose a number of trade destinations — but not all — Rodgers may have to be prepared to sit games if he truly wants to force his way out of Wisconsin.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 30, 2021, 12:43 AM ET

Speaking Thursday evening, Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said the team would not trade Aaron Rodgers.
“No, we’re not going to trade Aaron Rodgers," was Gutekunst's point blank comment. "He's our quarterback, he's our leader. We've been working through this for a little while now. It may take some time … But he gives us the best chance to win and we're going to work toward that end." That is not what Rodgers is leaking, but it sounds like the Packers are prepared to play hard ball. With the draft seeming to foreclose a number of trade destinations — but not all — Rodgers may have to be prepared to sit games if he truly wants to force his way out of Wisconsin.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 30, 2021, 12:43 AM ET

Rodgers will win that game , being out of contract next year, it's trade him now or risk getting nothing at seasons end.

He's signed through 2023

I think you back ended the crap out of it so you so you can get out of the deal though didn't you? Isn't his cap hit something ridiculous if you kept him on the current deal?

I'm pretty sure I heard Grossi say there is next to no chance the Packers keep Rodgers on his current deal after this season. I can't see him restructuring to stay right now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you back ended the crap out of it so you so you can get out of the deal though didn't you? Isn't his cap hit something ridiculous if you kept him on the current deal?

I'm pretty sure I heard Grossi say there is next to no chance the Packers keep Rodgers on his current deal after this season. I can't see him restructuring to stay right now.

Yeah that's all true, but the ball is in the Packers court with that. Really don't know how this is all gonna play out lol but it bloody sucks.

Yeah that's all true, but the ball is in the Packers court with that. Really don't know how this is all gonna play out lol but it bloody sucks.

Not gonna appreciate him til he's gone I don't think. Taking a WR in one of the past 8 rounds now would have been nice.

Seems like the Packers FO are playing troll games with him.
Complains about wanting WR help, they draft his QB replacement last season. Lots of tension, inside sources say Rodgers is passive aggressive, wearing thin, etc.
Then word this draft Rodgers wants out, etc. So them drafting a WR finally (but not for him?), but they specifically drafted A.Rodgers, intentionally that name, like the QB wont be there.

Seems like the Packers FO are playing troll games with him.
Complains about wanting WR help, they draft his QB replacement last season. Lots of tension, inside sources say Rodgers is passive aggressive, wearing thin, etc.
Then word this draft Rodgers wants out, etc. So them drafting a WR finally (but not for him?), but they specifically drafted A.Rodgers, intentionally that name, like the QB wont be there.

It is very funny in a way how it all worked out. A Rodgers. Seems like a definite troll on the surface.

Report: Rodgers doesn't want to return to Packers if GM Gutekunst stays

TheGreen Bay Packers may be forced to decide between Aaron Rodgers and general manager Brian Gutekunst.

Rodgers is adamant he won't return to the team under the stewardship of Gutekunst, a source close to the quarterback told Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson.

The reigning MVP is reportedly willing to consider no-showing offseason workouts and training camp and even potentially retirement. Rodgers could be fined up to $50,000 for every day he holds out of camp. If he retires, he would have to repay the team $11.5 million this year and $11.5 million in 2022, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

Team president Mark Murphy is apparently aware of Rodgers' feelings toward Gutekunst, which stem from the Packers drafting quarterback Jordan Love last season. Reconciliation with the future Hall of Famer reportedly may not be possible with Gutekunst at the helm.

"The ball is in Mark's court,” the source told Robinson.

Gutekunst selected Love in the first round in 2020 without informing Rodgers of the decision beforehand.

Rodgers believed the pick meant Gutekunst planned to move on from the veteran after the 2020 season, added Robinson. The 37-year-old responded by winning the third MVP award of his career last year, likely forcing the Packers to adjust their timeline.

While Rodgers reportedly wanted Green Bay to fully commit to him for at least two more seasons with a new contract, the NFC North club apparently wasn't willing to consider anything beyond a modest restructure that would've only essentially guaranteed his place for the 2021 campaign.

Murphy acknowledged Saturday that Rodgers is unhappy with the team but expressed his belief that the relationship can be repaired.

"This is an issue that we have been working on for several months," Murphy wrote. "(General manager) Brian Gutekunst, (head coach) Matt LaFleur, and I have flown out on a number of occasions to meet with Aaron. We are very much aware of Aaron's concerns and have been working with him (and agent Dave Dunn) to resolve them. We remain committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond."

It was reported Thursday that Rodgers' preferred trade destinations are the San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos, and Las Vegas Raiders.

The 49ers apparently inquired about Rodgers prior to the first round of the draft but were rebuffed. The club then selected quarterback Trey Lance at No. 3

Report: Rodgers doesn't want to return to Packers if GM Gutekunst stays

TheGreen Bay Packers may be forced to decide between Aaron Rodgers and general manager Brian Gutekunst.

Rodgers is adamant he won't return to the team under the stewardship of Gutekunst, a source close to the quarterback told Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson.

The reigning MVP is reportedly willing to consider no-showing offseason workouts and training camp and even potentially retirement. Rodgers could be fined up to $50,000 for every day he holds out of camp. If he retires, he would have to repay the team $11.5 million this year and $11.5 million in 2022, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

Team president Mark Murphy is apparently aware of Rodgers' feelings toward Gutekunst, which stem from the Packers drafting quarterback Jordan Love last season. Reconciliation with the future Hall of Famer reportedly may not be possible with Gutekunst at the helm.

"The ball is in Mark's court,” the source told Robinson.

Gutekunst selected Love in the first round in 2020 without informing Rodgers of the decision beforehand.

Rodgers believed the pick meant Gutekunst planned to move on from the veteran after the 2020 season, added Robinson. The 37-year-old responded by winning the third MVP award of his career last year, likely forcing the Packers to adjust their timeline.

While Rodgers reportedly wanted Green Bay to fully commit to him for at least two more seasons with a new contract, the NFC North club apparently wasn't willing to consider anything beyond a modest restructure that would've only essentially guaranteed his place for the 2021 campaign.

Murphy acknowledged Saturday that Rodgers is unhappy with the team but expressed his belief that the relationship can be repaired.

"This is an issue that we have been working on for several months," Murphy wrote. "(General manager) Brian Gutekunst, (head coach) Matt LaFleur, and I have flown out on a number of occasions to meet with Aaron. We are very much aware of Aaron's concerns and have been working with him (and agent Dave Dunn) to resolve them. We remain committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond."

It was reported Thursday that Rodgers' preferred trade destinations are the San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos, and Las Vegas Raiders.

The 49ers apparently inquired about Rodgers prior to the first round of the draft but were rebuffed. The club then selected quarterback Trey Lance at No. 3
I'm sure he'll get along swimmingly with the right wing John Elway :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back