2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just tried this for myself as thought I’d take a friend given I’m going to have to pay. if you go through the email for the club via the redeem access - when you get into Ticketmaster and enter your code you will be offered a ticket for yourself at $33 and $50 for each non member.

Love supporting the club with my membership but gawd it’s crap value at the moment. As unless I can get someone to log in for me when “away” seats are available at 10am on the allocated day and even then not sure if your going to get a seat. Jees remember the good old days when I could go and sit up on level 3 with other lion members in our section - bloody hell.

Happy days in section 12 and 13 on level 3 at Etihad. That guy in the marroon jumper with the loud voice that get everyone going, were great times knowing you could sit with a thousand or so other Lions and feel like you were at the Gabba, but then they shifted it to near the scoreboard like 44 and 45 with s crap view and then it stopped and now its even worse.

Defaults to best available, need to go into that part and uncheck ‘best available’.

when I log in via the lions redeem does not give me a best available option - after entering barcode tells me member upgrade - tried different methods and comes up the same And then offers me an upgrade despite I just wanted a seat

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
when I log in via the lions redeem does not give me a best available option - after entering barcode tells me member upgrade - tried different methods and comes up the same And then offers me an upgrade despite I just wanted a seat

I recall I checked ‘upgrade’ (maybe a number?) on each membership, when I went to ‘find’ seats it came up with the upgrades on level 1, with a $29 charge or thereabouts for each ticket. I then went back and changed the ‘upgrade’ to a zero, then went into the ‘best available’ part and found I had to check a ‘general admission’ box, or something like that (best available was the default). Sorry mate I just tried doing it again to see how it unfolded but cos I’ve got my tickets won’t let me do it again.

I recall I checked ‘upgrade’ (maybe a number?) on each membership, when I went to ‘find’ seats it came up with the upgrades on level 1, with a $29 charge or thereabouts for each ticket. I then went back and changed the ‘upgrade’ to a zero, then went into the ‘best available’ part and found I had to check a ‘general admission’ box, or something like that (best available was the default). Sorry mate I just tried doing it again to see how it unfolded but cos I’ve got my tickets won’t let me do it again.

Thanks heaps will give that a go and worst case will buy a ticket as just want to get to the game.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In order to be able to sit with a couple of Carlton member mates got our member tickets via our respective barcodes in the general admission / public sale.

After copping rows R, T, V and X in nosebleed/level 3 I tried/refreshed once more and got row L in nosebleed/level 3.

Out of interest went in and had a look what could have got as a paying member of the public, in general admin. FMD first tickets/seats that came up were down the front of level 3 on the wing. Refreshed for shits and giggles and next tickets/seats on offer were not far around from the first ones.

Forking out what us VICs do for our memberships, and getting offered the sh*t seats we get offered in the minimal number of games we get to see, while Joe Public can get a cracker of a seat, is downright ******* pathetic. Not a dig at the club as it's not their fault, it's just ******* frustrating.
I mentioned this about our collingwood game same scenario. Utter bullshit the system is.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep. They’ve already got their money from those who support their clubs financially - they pay, means they’ll go, so let’s just give em sh*t seats.
Agree. I presume as we have our membership already we get the s**t seats as we have already paid, and they keep the better seats for the general admission people to hopefully ensure they will pay for their seats. Give the general admission payers seats up the back and they may not fork out their money but give them options near the front of level 3 and easier sell. Whatever it is, its garbage.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Anyone know what is going on with Members Bar access? When I look over it looks packed, but the ground staff won't let us out of our area to access it. I find it hard to believe it is filled to the brim just with Members who happen to have seats in that portion of the ground... Used to go there nearly every game.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
They are currently stopping people from moving around the stadium much. There are many people who have their seats near the members bar for that very reason.
Yer, the moving restrictions around the stadium are absolutely nonsensical, you can sit next to strangers for 2 hours straight but hell if you go into another section of the stadium you're a Covid super spreader. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the bottlenecks when entering and leaving the ground.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we are the ones that are going up to NT to play Melbourne this year. What an absolute joke.

Games in Geelong, Ballarat and now Darwin against Victorian teams.

That was already announced last year in the fixture release I believe. The new info is that it’s a Friday night game.

Will be our third for the year alongside one Thursday game around halfway through the season, which is pretty great prime time exposure compared to our history.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Looks like we are the ones that are going up to NT to play Melbourne this year. What an absolute joke.

Games in Geelong, Ballarat and now Darwin against Victorian teams.

We were always going to Darwin this year, the venue was known before the start of the season, it was just the date and time we were waiting on.

Back