Preview Round 7, 2021: Saints v Hawks, at Marvel, Sat 1st May @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROUND 7 TEAM
St Kilda v Hawthorn
Saturday 1st May, 4.35pm AEST

IN: Jack Gunston, Emerson Jeka, Finn Maginness

OUT: Chad Wingard (managed), Jaeger O'Meara (managed), Shaun Burgoyne (ankle)

B: Blake Hardwick, Kyle Hartigan, Changkuoth Jiath
HB: Jack Scrimshaw, Sam Frost, Harry Morrison
C: Tom Phillips, James Worpel, James Cousins
HF: Dylan Moore, Jack Gunston, Liam Shiels
F: Jacob Koschitzke, Tim O'Brien, Emerson Jeka
R: Ben McEvoy, Tom Mitchell, Luke Breust
INT: Mitch Lewis, Finn Maginness, Oliver Hanrahan, Jarman Impey

Emer: Damon Greaves, Conor Nash, Michael Hartley, Dan Howe

Mitchell, Worpel, Cousins, Maginness Very young midfield.

Breust named as a rover is interesting.
Yep- can't help but feel that Shiels is going to be expected to carry a lot of the creativity load by foot which is why we've gone so tall up forward (for those who don't like the bomb it long strategy, look away).
I'm hoping with JOM and Wingard that they come back in they come in in good nick and rotate out a couple other senior heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Chad and JOM has really exposed our lack of depth in the midfield.

If we lose two half back flankers we have plenty of quality options to chose from but we lose two of our best mids and the cupboard looks very bare indeed (Bruest as rover?)

Such a pity as I feel we were just building into some decent form but the Saints are struggling so still in with a big shot of winning.

Quite interested to see how the forward line of Kosy, TOB and Jeka goes as well.

Bang on the money with the two big names.Two players we can I'll afford.
Very interesting the 2 fwds swap with 2mids. Gunners half back impey on ball?

Wingard and O'Meara 'managed'....all I can think is that we must be pretty confident of beating the saints.
I've been saying that the "pivot" is in and that the freo game would be the catalyst.

Losing both our best midfielder & our most creative playmaker hurts our chances badly. But I'm still super excited to see the Lewis-Jeka-Kosi combination. All of them play different styles that compliment each other well IMO. There will probably be a bit of getting into each others space but worth persisting with. And the freedom Gunston is given cannot be understated.

Cousins & Maginness will probably be given more central roles in the midfield. Hope they're both up for the challenge.

Makes sense resting wingard and jom in the game at marvel, I think of it as an opportunity to for the younger mids to push their claims

hopes are strong we will torch the saints!

not happy with the managed bit. cant see how taking out one of our best midfielders this season and inserting Gunners and/or Jeka will help anyone but saints :(
unless there are niggles to Chad and JoM that they arent telling us about...

means we are going in very tall...tally HO ! Huzzah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back