Preview Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 1st May, 4:35PM AEST *CROUCH 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Hawks

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t had much luck in recent years with guys being cooked much earlier than you’d like:

Stuv
Robbo
Armo
Paddy
Jake
Koby

And when that happens you lose them for little or no return.

Big part of the reason our rebuild has stalled.

Its a terribly unlucky record.

Happy with the ins of Ryder, Webster and Byrnes.

Not happy at all with Carlisle being dropped though, I'd rather see him in our backline than Joyce.

Our named line up has Sinclair at CHB (WTF?) with Joyce in the back pocket, I'd much rather have Carlisle at CHB with Sinclair in the back pocket.

Carlisle wasn't even given a chance to play his best role at CHB and he gets dropped while we keep Joyce in who so far hasn't been AFL standard.

download.jpg

Dropping Carlisle suggests Ratten is happy with sh*t defense and not holding blokes accountable. Indifferent on Lonie, on his day he's worth having.

Hope Byrnes tears it up, got my fingers crossed for him in a big way.

Edit -

I just remembered Carlisle went down with some back issues during training a few days ago, fair enough. Fair enough, I'll leave my bitter comments about Ratten up so everyone knows I've got no idea what I'm talking about.
They did say omitted tho, regarding Carlisle

Dropping Carlisle suggests Ratten is happy with sh*t defense and not holding blokes accountable. Indifferent on Lonie, on his day he's worth having.

Hope Byrnes tears it up, got my fingers crossed for him in a big way.

Edit -

I just remembered Carlisle went down with some back issues during training a few days ago, fair enough. Fair enough, I'll leave my bitter comments about Ratten up so everyone knows I've got no idea what I'm talking about.
I’ve seen bitterer

We've been lucky with the Hawks changes, they've lost 3 quality players in Wingard, O'Meara and Burgoyne while only regaining one in Gunston.

Absolutely no excuses for losing this game, if we lose against a weakened Hawks line up there will need to be a royal commission style investigation.

Butler must have pics to keep his spot over Lonie. I'm not a big Lonie fan, but Butler looked in terrible form last week. I'd probably drop them both and keep Jake in and just rotate mids thru the forward pockets.

Jake needs to get some pics and fast. Our best chb can't get a game there and we have the worst defense in the league to date

Not happy at all with Carlisle being dropped though, I'd rather see him in our backline than Joyce.

Our named line up has Sinclair at CHB (WTF?) with Joyce in the back pocket, I'd much rather have Carlisle at CHB with Sinclair in the back pocket.

Carlisle wasn't even given a chance to play his best role at CHB and he gets dropped while we keep Joyce in who so far hasn't been AFL standard.

download.jpg
Based on game last week I wouldn’t draw the conclusion that darragh is not AFL standard- he certainly wasn’t in our worse and his direct opponent didn’t get off the chain.
I’m not saying he is going to be the next Sam fisher but I would make the call on AFL standard after a decent run of games...let’s see if he’s up to it!

Kobby underrated player
Robbo we miss his leadership
I think there’s not a person on this forum who doesn’t know how much I loved Stevens. Coz I only mention it every time someone brings up Richmond 2017 (which is basically every week) - he could’ve been the X factor. Such a hard nut. Shame his nut wasn’t as hard. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boss baracks for Hawks, I literally haven't said a word to him all week in fear of jinxing the outcome. His wife brought it up to me this arvo that they were playing lol.

Last time I didn't mention the game ahead of time was when we beat them by 70 or so points in 2017, make of that what you will.

I might also try and buy a win by putting money on Hawthorn to win, I did this with the Swans game last year which worked excellently.

If we lose I want to see an all in F Troop style brawl at training.

We should set up a Thunderdome at training, two men enter, one man leaves.

Jack Steele to play the role of Mad Max.

download.jpg

No way anyone can look someone else in the eye and tell them honestly they think Joyce is a better player than Carlisle.

We’ll lose this one, this reeks of the Essendon game. Ins and Outs don’t really mean anything anymore if you don’t bring consistent effort and the right mindset, no game is a easy win in modern footy.

Knowing this club, and it’s efforts this season. I already know the boys thinking we can win this easily which is why we will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back