Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Be interesting to see if we have a look at Jacob Hopper.. we were linked to him previously before he resigned last time
Was only because his brothers nans Mum knew a man who owned a hockey store who sold Pokémon cards to someone who lived in Geelong

Big little cat

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
They already did, haha - to GWS last year (which is looking to be in the 4-8 range at this stage). Complete lack of foresight on their part. At least we traded ours knowing that we were getting in 3 guns, not getting rid of 3.

Could have got a lot more then they did had they held onto it this year, rather than just thinking they would automatically make finals, and so the difference wouldn't be that much.

Looks now like they gave up a Top 10 pick (possible Top 5 pick) for a couple of picks in the mid 20's. Tsk tsk, absolutely flailing as an administration down there.
Thanks for reminding me! Well, Collingwood are in a difficult place.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
How much would they want? My guess is they would do what they did last year ..we want Sav etc.
Would you give a Fr1 for him?
Cameron is a superstar I don’t think they’re going to demand the world for every player who leaves.
Hopper is worth at least a future round 1 pick.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Trying to put a value on him ...it would be about that. Would he be worth 500-600?
Would you take a future round 1 for Parfitt? It depends on the club as well doesn’t it? A late first round pick is a lottery as we know. I’d much rather a known player like hopper or Parfitt than that.

I’m not totally sure how the salary cap is going to balance out after covid. But that salary would be at least what he’d get if he moves clubs. I think we’d have a lot of players in that wage bracket.

Would you take a future round 1 for Parfitt? It depends on the club as well doesn’t it? A late first round pick is a lottery as we know. I’d much rather a known player like hopper or Parfitt than that.

I’m not totally sure how the salary cap is going to balance out after covid. But that salary would be at least what he’d get if he moves clubs. I think we’d have a lot of players in that wage bracket.
Nope. Parfitt very underrated even by a lot of Cats supporters.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Its sort of funny question. If Parfit was uncontracted.. and wanted out to Collingwood and they offered a Fr1.. would I take it? Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From that lot I wouldn’t recontract Z.Guthrie, Higgins, Constable and Jenkins. Let Kolo and Bews explore FA options if they desire.

Higgins signed a 2 year deal that site is wrong.

Kolo and Bews are highly unlikely to get any offers and aren't the worst to keep on the list. The others I'd thank for their contribution and show the door to though.

Kolo and Bews are solid depth role players if they are willing to stay on lowish $ you definitely keep if another club offers lots more $ you let them go-cap management.

Bews has been good and bleeds the hoops. No desire to go anywhere I'd wager.

I'm not a Kolo fan, though I concede he's been better this season...still no huge loss if he's tempted to go elsewhere.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
They already did, haha - to GWS last year (which is looking to be in the 4-8 range at this stage). Complete lack of foresight on their part. At least we traded ours knowing that we were getting in 3 guns, not getting rid of 3.

Could have got a lot more then they did had they held onto it this year, rather than just thinking they would automatically make finals, and so the difference wouldn't be that much.

Looks now like they gave up a Top 10 pick (possible Top 5 pick) for a couple of picks in the mid 20's. Tsk tsk, absolutely flailing as an administration down there.

I think in the USA they have some sort of criteria they place on the future pick to ensure this sort of outcome. Imagine if Collingwood have given up P2 or P3

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Its sort of funny question. If Parfit was uncontracted.. and wanted out to Collingwood and they offered a Fr1.. would I take it? Yes.
I was just trying to find a comparative player on our list. Pick 21 I think we got for Christenson not many people were happy with that. He looked like he’d be a star at the point. Obviously he had a lot of injury but he didn’t continue his rise. We lost Prismall for pick 32 but I can’t think of many younger players to compare to that we’ve lost.
We don’t really have someone of Hopper’s ability and age which is part of the point.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I was just trying to find a comparative player on our list. Pick 21 I think we got for Christenson not many people were happy with that. He looked like he’d be a star at the point. Obviously he had a lot of injury but he didn’t continue his rise. We lost Prismall for pick 32 but I can’t think of many younger players to compare to that we’ve lost.
We don’t really have someone of Hopper’s ability and age which is part of the point.
Being OOC has an affect , and what we have to offer does to. ... but if we had player , who is OOC wanting out then in the end I think we probably get what we can from it.

In rough terms , I suspect what you offer is roughly sets trade value , similar to FA comp. If someone offered 1M a year for Parfitt , it would be an affront to not be offered a R1 pick , a Treloar type deal that GWS received would be fair to ask for.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Reading the equivalent of this thread of the Collingwood board is interesting. I wonder how we will go when the time comes that we have our turn in the cellar.

One got a feel for it only a couple of weeks ago when some thought we had traded away a top 10 pick for Holmes. Collingwood are looking at a top5 pick being traded our for a couple of picks in the 20's ..and some are bleeding from their eyes. One wants them to throw the kitchen sink at SWells.

Future trades have a risk... and some in the media would like it taken out to 2 or 3 years. I can only imagine the mess some would make of their club if that was allowed...

To some degree any draft pick is a gamble its why some prefer the known. Would you trade our Fr1 for a player like Hopper? Some in this thread think its a good idea. 6 years in the system. 100 games. 25 yo

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Reading the equivalent of this thread of the Collingwood board is interesting. I wonder how we will go when the time comes that we have our turn in the cellar.

One got a feel for it only a couple of weeks ago when some thought we had traded away a top 10 pick for Holmes. Collingwood are looking at a top5 pick being traded our for a couple of picks in the 20's ..and some are bleeding from their eyes. One wants them to throw the kitchen sink at SWells.

Future trades have a risk... and some in the media would like it taken out to 2 or 3 years. I can only imagine the mess some would make of their club if that was allowed...

To some degree any draft pick is a gamble its why some prefer the known. Would you trade our Fr1 for a player like Hopper? Some in this thread think its a good idea. 6 years in the system. 100 games. 25 yo

Only Taranto would I trade a Future 1st for, and all our other picks too lol - one of my favourite players and an absolute gun.

To your other point, anyone rational - even the Tigers - knew that trading with us for a Future 1st was never going to net a Top 10 pick, given the talent we brought in and how close we were last year. Different for Collingwood though, as they barely scraped into finals, had a miracle win over WC, and then traded away Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips - whilst still somehow expecting to make finals after they got completely destroyed by us.

There's a reason they're begging for Wells and we're not begging for Ned Guy, haha

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Only Taranto would I trade a Future 1st for, and all our other picks too lol - one of my favourite players and an absolute gun.

To your other point, anyone rational - even the Tigers - knew that trading with us for a Future 1st was never going to net a Top 10 pick, given the talent we brought in and how close we were last year. Different for Collingwood though, as they barely scraped into finals, had a miracle win over WC, and then traded away Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips - whilst still somehow expecting to make finals after they got completely destroyed by us.

There's a reason they're begging for Wells and we're not begging for Ned Guy, haha

I see it slightly different , anything can happen in a season ..especially one when we are coming of a short season. I know we are not Melb but their 2018 to 2019 was dramatic

I agree the Tiger would have assessed us P16 to P20 or so ... with the outside chance of better. Maybe the Pies should have waited but they wanted to add a heap of kids to distract from the players losses. If the GWS get to use their R1 before NickD is called then someone should be given the Braveheart treatment.

Prismall pick > Motlop
Motlop compo > Ablett + TK
TK > C.Stephens + J.Cameron

Think we did alright on Prismall leaving

Even if it's p20 for p20, this is a much easier draft to identify talent in do the pick should be worth more. See the values of Shaun Higgins and Lachie Fogarty which we traded in front of with a future Melbourne 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back