Preview Round 7, 2021: Saints v Hawks, at Marvel, Sat 1st May @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win this finn and cuz would have had major contributions. Here is their chance. Finn to lock down cuz to get the ball with worps shiels and mitch. We're going to have gunners moore hanrahan all run through the middle a great learning experience for everyone

After the disappointment of the big outs. I really like the team selection not saying we will win at all, but it looks like we have made the most of some big outs.
-Worpel in the guts Jaeger role.
- Gunston up fwd has the inclusion of Bruest in the middle to replace Wingard.
- Moving Morrison Down back leaves Impey as the wild card
- If Bruest/Impey can spilt Wingard role 50/50 we might be able cover that role.
- Cousins and Finn will push thru the middle.
- I expect Tob to push back with only 2 key defenders named and 3 key forwards named.
Huge win if we can get up, Good Luck Boys!!

Jeka, Gunston in here comes the Buddy’s box Tactic with Jeka,Kosi,Lewis and Gunston about time.

“The definition of insanity is playing some players over and over again, but expecting different results and performances.”

That forward line looks way too tall- Jeka, Gunston, Kosi, Lewis, O'Brien.

I suppose O'Brien can go to back line, even back line quite tall- Hartigan, Scrimshaw, Frost to add O'Brien.

At least most of them fairly mobile

I suppose O'Brien can go to back line, even back line quite tall- Hartigan, Scrimshaw, Frost to add O'Brien.

TOB is playing back and will need to.
Theyve got King, Marshall, and Membrey to cover.

The one thing that excites me about this side is that on paper it still looks good, but it's full of youth who have earned their spots AND is missing Sicily, O'Meara, Wingard, Day, DGB and Brockman who we probably all expect to be best 22 come next year.

Things are looking promising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost certain that both Gunston and O'Brien don't play forward, or don't play exclusively forward given our outs.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Almost certain that both Gunston and O'Brien don't play forward, or don't play exclusively forward given our outs.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

correct. Clarkson will have Gunners up the ground. He is not going to bring back a bloke who has suffered back injurys and tell our players to bomb the ball in and he gets some useless log like Jake Carlisle sticking his knee into his spine. He will be up around the wing- Half Back.

correct. Clarkson will have Gunners up the ground. He is not going to bring back a bloke who has suffered back injurys and tell our players to bomb the ball in and he gets some useless log like Jake Carlisle sticking his knee into his spine. He will be up around the wing- Half Back.
Carlisle dropped anyway.

I feel like wingard and O'meara missing will be a little bit of a blessing for the future. We know that those 2 are in our midfield going forward. But Worpel Mitchell Sheils are down on form. Finn, Morrison, Cousins, Moore and Phillips still have a lot to prove.

Individually worp Mitchell Sheils and O'meara is good but in practice we aren't a very good midfield. Maybe when we have big ned winning hit outs with ease it will click but we likely need to change it up and add an enforcer (Roughead) and some clever skilful players (Lewis, Mitchell hodge) i feel like we have 4 scrappy contested players who just bomb it forward too often. And don't stop the bleeding when the opposition is winning it.

A lot of our supporters have been wanting to go ' young ' well now we get to see a very young and inexperienced midfield.

Hope if the result doesnt go our way there isnt too much backlash.

Im excited but realistic to see how it goes.
Im actually more concerned about the Ryder/Marshall duo
Im not sure anyone would have hoped for Wingard and Omeara to be injured though (in order to go younger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back